Ketostix and pharmacy urine tests.

Hey guys, after picking up my first weeks lipotrim from the pharmacy it became apparent that they neither offer Ketostix or urine tests. Is this important? Surely measuring your ketones is a major part of the diet? Can I order the Ketostix myself and do I really need it? Also, on a side note, they don't do the bars either, only the shakes and chicken soup...Grrrr

Hi Kayleigh

I wouldn't worry too much about the stix. You'll know you're in Ketosis when suddenly you're not hungry anymore and your breath starts to get smelly lol. This usually happens 3-5 days after you start, and is why the first 3-5 days are tough. If you're sticking to LT 100% you'll definitely go into ketosis and the longer you do LT the easier it gets. Some people like the bars, but many don't. To me it tastes like salty cardboard and is quite repulsive so I don't have them (some have likened them to floor tiles lol). I only have chocolate shakes and have done for at least the last 6 weeks. Goose has great tips on bad breath btw on the newbie thread.

Good luck and hang in there, you can do it, and it'll be worth it at your first weigh in.

Best wishes

Kay x x x

Hi William. Well done for picking up your first week's supply. I have never bothered using ketosix although I know some on here do. The way I look at it is, if you stick to the rules you will be in ketosis usually around day 4ish and again as long as you stick to the rules you won't come out of ketosis. Can they order the bars for you? Are you having 2 male shakes a day or 4 female shakes? I know men can do it either way. Water, water, water is so important, you are allowed sparkling and soda water as well as still. If they haven't given you a copy of the DVD to watch then you can view it from the lipotrim website, definitely worth watching. Best wishes.

Sorry!!!! After reading Kay's post I now realise you are female!! I hadn't read it properly and just saw William!

Hehe that's okay, easy mistake to make. Four female shakes? Huh? I'm having two female shakes and a female chicken soup a day, that's right isn't it?

Yes that's right. Men can have 4 a day.

Yes that's right. Men can have 4 a day.

We actually get 2 per day, but I think they're larger. The total calories for the day works out around 500 or so.

Hi twowheels. Men can either have two male shakes that are 280 calories each per day or they can have 4 of the female shakes which are 140 calories each per day, so either way they work out to be the same amount of calories - 560.

Ahh, I never knew that was an option, might be interesting to try.. thanks.

Back