• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ketostix hassle

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
You would think I was trying to get some illicit class A drug yesterday ....

I only wanted a tub of ketostix and normally it isn't a problem (except for Boots who are well known for their ar*e attitude to VLCDs). Anyway, chemist number one didn't have any.
I tried Boots - they didn't have any either and the girl then asked what I'd wanted them for. I said 'I'm diabetic - if it's any of your business' (which I am) and she replied, 'Oh that's alright - it's our policy not to sell them to be used on 'one of those diets'. :eek: I said that was ludicrous - do they refuse to sell laxatives to someone very thin in case they're anorexic and using the tablets to purge themselves? Do they refuse to sell someone with a hangover paracetamol because it condones excessive drinking?

Chemist number three had none - and I was asked the same question. By now I'm more than mildly aggravated.

Chemist number four ... I asked for ketostix and the woman said 'Can I ask ...' I leapt in "IF YOU ASK ME WHAT I WANT THEM FOR I THINK I'LL EXPLODE!!"

I felt sorry for her ... she had no idea I'd been to three other chemists already but ended up on the receiving end of my annoyance. I explained to her that I'd been asked that question three times already and that I'm a diabetic but that it should be irrelevent as they're sticks to pee on - not heroin shots! Anyway - they had none.

Chemist number five sold me their last box - no questions asked (luckily for them!!)

I asked them why there seemed such a shortage and they said that ketostix are not commonly prescribed now so chemists seem to be selling off stock as there's no 'demand' anymore.

I think I'll order mine from the net from now on ... can't be doing with this hassle every time I want some DRUG FREE sticks to wee on! :mad:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

MadamDotty

Back again!
Blimey, what a performance just to get some ketostix.

Does you CDC sell them as we can stock them. I have them for my clients and I think they're about the same price as in Boots etc. At least you won't get any hassle that way :)

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
I've never had any problem gettting them - in fact bought some yesterday - only to realise I'd could have got them cheaper from Cambridge.

Strange though isn't it??? Wonder why Boots has that attitude???

VirgoGirl

I had to try six branches of Boots before I got some. The other five told me they'd sold out (although I saw the assistant clutching a suspiciously similar-looking box!).

Howver, none of them asked me what I wanted them for. They'll get short shrift if they do, none of their blinking business.

pandora

finding my way again !
i had no probs getting mine from Boots, no questions etc.
how rediculous (sp) to give such attitude to some just trying to look after themselves eh WTF:eek:
xx:)

Karen1972

Gold Member
Thanks Suzann, i just ordered some!! I can never get hold of them here!! How long do they take to arrive?

Karen

Serial Foodie!
ive only bought ketostix once (running low now so thanks for the link!) and when i went in they eyed me suspiciously and asked if they were for me. i felt like a deer in the headlights and just said no! i was well confused and unsure if they would hand them over!

its ridiculous they should decide who can or cannot buy them! as u say RD, its not a drug product and they have no right to judge who can have them! my hubby buys my feminine hygene stuff when he does the shopping and i cant imagine them refusing to serve him on account of him being wombless.

ruddy cheek!!!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
ive only bought ketostix once (running low now so thanks for the link!) and when i went in they eyed me suspiciously and asked if they were for me. i felt like a deer in the headlights and just said no! i was well confused and unsure if they would hand them over!

its ridiculous they should decide who can or cannot buy them! as u say RD, its not a drug product and they have no right to judge who can have them! my hubby buys my feminine hygene stuff when he does the shopping and i cant imagine them refusing to serve him on account of him being wombless.

ruddy cheek!!!

PMSL:D

Lou_Lou

I had the same problem in Boots. The lady asked if I knew how to use them LOL

Karen

Serial Foodie!
lol...u should have asked her to demonstrate for u :eek:

Gen

Normal
it should be irrelevent as they're sticks to pee on - not heroin shots! Anyway - they had none.

PMSL :D :D :D oh my god a real belly laugh i'm not joking!!!! thats so funny and probably more so the ridiculousness of them not selling them to everyone who bloody WANTS them!!!!

Mike 24

Hey

Just a quick recommendation

I use Tescos Pharmacy. I've bought them from 3 different branches and there were no questions and they weren't funny or anything :)

Karen

Serial Foodie!
thanks mike xx

cah-ching

Gold Member
Same with Asda

artemis

Lil' Miss Naughty
I always get hassle!
I ask if they have them and they ask why I need them. How the hell does why I need them affect whether or not they have them?

I especially hate when they say about the diet, infront of other people in the queue!

cah-ching

Gold Member
I always get hassle!
I ask if they have them and they ask why I need them. How the hell does why I need them affect whether or not they have them?

I especially hate when they say about the diet, infront of other people in the queue!

Well since it's just a counter assistant serving, ask her/him for their medical credentials!

I swear the only time this happened to me was in Boots once, 2 years ago when I was following Atkins. I haven't had hassle since ... I do have a mean face that says "don't mess!". Try Asda or an Lloyds or Sainsbury's etc. It's not as though they are a narcotic! If only they took as much care about selling paracetemol or other drugs!

artemis

Lil' Miss Naughty
Well since it's just a counter assistant serving, ask her/him for their medical credentials!

I swear the only time this happened to me was in Boots once, 2 years ago when I was following Atkins. I haven't had hassle since ... I do have a mean face that says "don't mess!". Try Asda or an Lloyds or Sainsbury's etc. It's not as though they are a narcotic! If only they took as much care about selling paracetemol or other drugs!

Next time someone askes me what they are for I am going to say "to pee on"

cah-ching

Gold Member
Next time someone askes me what they are for I am going to say "to pee on"

Then follow that with ... "would you like me to demonstrate?"