Ketostix hassle

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
You would think I was trying to get some illicit class A drug yesterday ....

I only wanted a tub of ketostix and normally it isn't a problem (except for Boots who are well known for their ar*e attitude to VLCDs). Anyway, chemist number one didn't have any.
I tried Boots - they didn't have any either and the girl then asked what I'd wanted them for. I said 'I'm diabetic - if it's any of your business' (which I am) and she replied, 'Oh that's alright - it's our policy not to sell them to be used on 'one of those diets'. :eek: I said that was ludicrous - do they refuse to sell laxatives to someone very thin in case they're anorexic and using the tablets to purge themselves? Do they refuse to sell someone with a hangover paracetamol because it condones excessive drinking?

Chemist number three had none - and I was asked the same question. By now I'm more than mildly aggravated.

Chemist number four ... I asked for ketostix and the woman said 'Can I ask ...' I leapt in "IF YOU ASK ME WHAT I WANT THEM FOR I THINK I'LL EXPLODE!!"

I felt sorry for her ... she had no idea I'd been to three other chemists already but ended up on the receiving end of my annoyance. I explained to her that I'd been asked that question three times already and that I'm a diabetic but that it should be irrelevent as they're sticks to pee on - not heroin shots! Anyway - they had none.

Chemist number five sold me their last box - no questions asked (luckily for them!!)

I asked them why there seemed such a shortage and they said that ketostix are not commonly prescribed now so chemists seem to be selling off stock as there's no 'demand' anymore.

I think I'll order mine from the net from now on ... can't be doing with this hassle every time I want some DRUG FREE sticks to wee on! :mad:

Blimey, what a performance just to get some ketostix.

Does you CDC sell them as we can stock them. I have them for my clients and I think they're about the same price as in Boots etc. At least you won't get any hassle that way :)

I've never had any problem gettting them - in fact bought some yesterday - only to realise I'd could have got them cheaper from Cambridge.

Strange though isn't it??? Wonder why Boots has that attitude???

I had to try six branches of Boots before I got some. The other five told me they'd sold out (although I saw the assistant clutching a suspiciously similar-looking box!).

Howver, none of them asked me what I wanted them for. They'll get short shrift if they do, none of their blinking business.

i had no probs getting mine from Boots, no questions etc.
how rediculous (sp) to give such attitude to some just trying to look after themselves eh WTF:eek:
xx:)

Thanks Suzann, i just ordered some!! I can never get hold of them here!! How long do they take to arrive?

ive only bought ketostix once (running low now so thanks for the link!) and when i went in they eyed me suspiciously and asked if they were for me. i felt like a deer in the headlights and just said no! i was well confused and unsure if they would hand them over!

its ridiculous they should decide who can or cannot buy them! as u say RD, its not a drug product and they have no right to judge who can have them! my hubby buys my feminine hygene stuff when he does the shopping and i cant imagine them refusing to serve him on account of him being wombless.

ruddy cheek!!!

ive only bought ketostix once (running low now so thanks for the link!) and when i went in they eyed me suspiciously and asked if they were for me. i felt like a deer in the headlights and just said no! i was well confused and unsure if they would hand them over!

its ridiculous they should decide who can or cannot buy them! as u say RD, its not a drug product and they have no right to judge who can have them! my hubby buys my feminine hygene stuff when he does the shopping and i cant imagine them refusing to serve him on account of him being wombless.

ruddy cheek!!!

PMSL:D

I had the same problem in Boots. The lady asked if I knew how to use them LOL

lol...u should have asked her to demonstrate for u :eek:

it should be irrelevent as they're sticks to pee on - not heroin shots! Anyway - they had none.

PMSL :D :D :D oh my god a real belly laugh i'm not joking!!!! thats so funny and probably more so the ridiculousness of them not selling them to everyone who bloody WANTS them!!!!

Hey

Just a quick recommendation

I use Tescos Pharmacy. I've bought them from 3 different branches and there were no questions and they weren't funny or anything :)

thanks mike xx

Same with Asda

I always get hassle!
I ask if they have them and they ask why I need them. How the hell does why I need them affect whether or not they have them?

I especially hate when they say about the diet, infront of other people in the queue!

I always get hassle!
I ask if they have them and they ask why I need them. How the hell does why I need them affect whether or not they have them?

I especially hate when they say about the diet, infront of other people in the queue!

Well since it's just a counter assistant serving, ask her/him for their medical credentials!

I swear the only time this happened to me was in Boots once, 2 years ago when I was following Atkins. I haven't had hassle since ... I do have a mean face that says "don't mess!". Try Asda or an Lloyds or Sainsbury's etc. It's not as though they are a narcotic! If only they took as much care about selling paracetemol or other drugs!

Well since it's just a counter assistant serving, ask her/him for their medical credentials!

I swear the only time this happened to me was in Boots once, 2 years ago when I was following Atkins. I haven't had hassle since ... I do have a mean face that says "don't mess!". Try Asda or an Lloyds or Sainsbury's etc. It's not as though they are a narcotic! If only they took as much care about selling paracetemol or other drugs!

Next time someone askes me what they are for I am going to say "to pee on"

Next time someone askes me what they are for I am going to say "to pee on"

Then follow that with ... "would you like me to demonstrate?"

Back