ketostix

Discussion in 'Exante' started by french, 23 April 2010 Social URL.

1. french

french Member

what colour is a good colour to be on? s'cuse me for being ignorant, only in second week, and couldnt find any other thread about it.
    thanks in advance
    french

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    Peachy pink

4. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Depends what make they are too.

General wisdom seems to be that most people in ketosis will be between 1/3 and 2/3 of the way down the colour chart but the actual colour may vary according to make of stix, dilution of wee at the time you do the test, personal metabolism etc etc etc.

I seem to throw out a lot of ketones. My stix when I bother to use them are usually a deep plummy colour. :eek:

5. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    Different people react to dietary ketosis in different ways. Ketostix only measure the excess ketones excreted, and not ketones produced. Some people metabolise more ketones than others, and therefore those which are excess (and available to be measured) vary from person to person, tolerance to ketones, the amount of exercise undertaken, the time of the day, water intake and probably the conjunction of the planets. Some people can be in ketosis and may not register on a stick at all.

Therefore ketostix are only relevant in detecting excess ketones and they're good for telling you that ketones are there if you're not entirely sure. However (unless you're diabetic and are using them for diagnostic purposes) the scale is unfortunately not an accurate measurement of anything for dietary purposes.

6. french

french Member

thanks, cos mine dont make sense, first thing this morning mid range good dark pink, then, after choc shake and 2 pints water, pale as a pale thing?
    pah!

7. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    well yeah, cos they've been collecting and concentrating overnight, innit. ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.