• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ketostix

Do they have a shelf life or stop working after a while?

I have had my pot for a couple of months. I have been testing every morning this week as I don't usually get any symptoms of ketosis if I drink 4l of water per day. And every morning they have been negative. I'm sure I must be in ketosis now as I am not at all hungry and i've lost 6lbs this week.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Bea

Back on the wagon!
S: 17st7lb C: 16st5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.3 Loss: 1st2lb(6.53%)
They do have a shelf life and there should be a best before date on the pack? Also if they werent kept in dry conditions - moisture could destroy the test part...that could be it....fab weight loss 6lbs in week is amazing....

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Once opened ketostix should be used within 6 months. Make sure after you remove each stick that the top is replaced and screwed tightly as they are very moisture sensitive strips. If you think that they are showing a false result then worth investing in some new ones.

Mike

JodieJoJo

Silver Member
can you buy them from the chemist?

Bea

Back on the wagon!

sophia-jo

Silver Member
wwwowooooah, they are £12 incl p&p I got the same for £5. something in my local chemist.

Bea

Back on the wagon!
Oh got robbed then....my local chemist didnt have them so logged on and order.....could have got 3 packs then....ho hum....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ask MiniMins 0
Cambridge Weight Plan 6
Exante 5
Exante - Total Solution 100% 3
Atkins Diet 2