Ketoveggie - Sunday Scores on The Doors / Diary

Never feel down about a loss! A loss is one step closer to your goal! 🏆Like you I'm struggling a bit with a desire to eat real food, but I like rules, so whereas sticking to the shakes was easy, adding a bit extra is always hard to manage (for me at least). Your next mini goal is on the horizon, so keep your eyes on that! I think you are doing amazingly, but if you do decide to waiver a little, don't beat yourself up, just move on. By the sounds of it, the sandwich sounds delicious. Ive not eaten bread now for 2 years, it was hard kicking it in the first place, so I know not to go there, but I still allow myself a sneaky sniff of freshly baked bread occasionally, it's weird but surprisingly satisfying! 🤭
Bread sniffer!! haha. It does smell good though. Well done for managing to keep clear of it for so long. You've inspired me to try to do the same once I get into maintenance. :)
I'm not sure I could continue for much longer if I were to stick to shakes only so I've ordered some meals. I think that will make all the difference.

EXANTE DISCOUNT CODES: Here Don't just click on the first one as there could be better deals to be had further down the page. :)

I'm a great one for sniffing all carby products....did a whole range of them today, before chewing on the incredibly dry and choking Exante cookies and cream bar ( I won't name the objects of my sniffing for fear of tempting others). The effect was so much better, than the exante bar!!
Managing to stick to three packs and a less than 200 calorie feed....today, a can of tuna. Yesterday, I had a couple of eggs. Surprisingly satisfying!
Took me a while to wean off bread, but once I did, I don't ever intend going back! I do think doing the VLCD is easier coming from a low carb lifestyle and I intend to return to that WoE when I'm in maintenance too....fingers crossed it won't require too many more Exante orders. 🤭

Last edited:
I like the idea of giving up bread. I had my first real food meal yesterday which i would've normally supplemented with a lot of bread...but honest, it didn't need it. So maybe that is a way to go...

05/08/18

Week 5

2lbs - gone!

Not feeling as chuffed about that as perhaps I should. Have been stalled for too long and I lost this 2lbs in the middle of the week only through a combination of bloody mindedness, exercise, water tablets and gallons of water. Not sure I want to put myself through that again.

Been a funny old week weight wise. I'm struggling mentally not to give in to hunger and go off track. I'm missing real food.

Sunday lunch sat in a beer garden on the canal side with a cold glass of wine is calling to me today. My partner works away and came home last night so the temptation to go out for lunch today is even grater.

Guess I'll just sit in the garden with a shake *sigh* (Yes! I am feeling very sorry for myself today :classic_oops: )

The sandwich I had yesterday did seem to have an impact on ketosis. While the ketostix are showing I'm still hanging on ( one up from negative) I'm feeling hungry and grumpy this morning, probably due to the increase in carbs yesterday.

Will have my first shake in a bit and get over myself. Need to dig deep so I can find my positivity again.
I have a couple of events to attend at the end of this month and early September so I'll stay focused on that and keep plodding on.

Hope everyone reading this is having a good week? :)

Sian x
A loss I think is something to be cherished. Rejoyce, you are a bit lighter than you were at the beginning and it is all going im the right direction! You are doing great Keto!

@Ketoveggie my experience of VLCD that the closer you get to goal the slower the losses. I know my stall will hit at 12st, and getting to 11st takes longer.

You have to up the activity and the calories but still watching the carbs and it’s a tightrope to not slip back into old habits. Last time I did spin classes, this time I’ll be running.

It sounds to me from your diary that you are doing really well. Xx

Well, I was intending to scrub from my memory what I did on Sunday but this morning I thought, sod it! I need to stay accountable for myself.

So, Sunday! Hmm . . . My partner was home for a couple of days, I decided to make an effort to be more sociable with regards to eating a proper meal and thought homemade cauliflower cheese would be a good compromise instead of shakes.
We nipped to the store to pick up the ingredients and my partner also got himself a bottle of JD and some coke ( not my tipple ) anyway, I ended up having a small shot, no mixer just ice, thought that would be not too bad, carb wise.
Cut to a couple of hours later and there I was giggling away with a big glass of JD & Coke in my hand ( not the zero sugar kind either!! :eek:) probably had about 3/4 shots, ( and felt really drunk!!) while the sugar from the alcohols not good for the diet, it's the coke I had as the mixer which I could kick myself for!!
Food wise, I just had a small bowl of cauliflower cheese and a couple of crisps out of my OHs packet. It could have been a lot worse, I guess.
Anyway, it's done now and we had a really good night so I'm trying not to feel too bad about it. I think it did me good to let my hair down after 5 weeks of trying so hard. I've realised that I just need to keep focused and stick to the plan no matter what's going on around me if I really want to shift this weight. No more excuses!!

I've not dared to get on the scales. I'll do that on Sunday and take the consequences then.

So I had 3 shakes yesterday and I may do the same today depending how active my day gets. I've got some 'Meals' due to be delivered in the next day or so, so will go back to 800 cals for sure when they arrive.
@RareKiwi27 I have started to up my exercise with a bit of a power walk first thing. I'm hoping this will give me the boost I need.

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it. :)

Sian x

Day 38

Firmly established in Ketosis. Energy levels are higher then they've been in ages. No hunger pangs. Three shakes per day since Sunday.
All is good!
Not expecting a loss on Sunday, bonus if I have. Will be happy if I've maintained.

Busy week continues. Hope all is well will everyone reading this. :)

Glad the energy levels are back up. There is nothing worse than being hungry and tired! What do you reckon are you doing differently - or was it the break from the tedium (aka the JD tipple) that was a welcome break and rejuvenated you?

In the first few weeks, I tried to mirror normality by having an exante hot meal. I quite liked the Dahl pots and the sweet and sour noodles (both with liberal amounts of chilli sauce added). Being a skinflint, I worked out that as the bars were more expensive, you get a greater discount with the £70 for 84 products, by buying the bars....so now I am coming down with bars! Wish I had some Exante noodles! 😂🤣

Glad the energy levels are back up. There is nothing worse than being hungry and tired! What do you reckon are you doing differently - or was it the break from the tedium (aka the JD tipple) that was a welcome break and rejuvenated you?

In the first few weeks, I tried to mirror normality by having an exante hot meal. I quite liked the Dahl pots and the sweet and sour noodles (both with liberal amounts of chilli sauce added). Being a skinflint, I worked out that as the bars were more expensive, you get a greater discount with the £70 for 84 products, by buying the bars....so now I am coming down with bars! Wish I had some Exante noodles! 😂🤣

Hi piglet,

I think the difference in my energy levels could be to do with the high dose probiotics I've been taking. When they first got to work on my gut I was having a quite a few detox symptoms which included tiredness, bloating, skin flair ups. I'm hoping the worst is over with the detoxing and now I'm starting to see the benefits. My skin is looking nice at the moment, I'm putting that down to not just the tablets but that I'm also drinking more water than I ever have.
There was a program on TV last night about probiotics and gut health, the outcome was, the better your gut flora the easier it is to lose weight.
It was interesting. I think some people do go too far with having faecal transplants and If you haven't heard of that before, it's exactly what it sounds like it is. o_O:eek:

Having a bit of a blow out on Sunday was a really nice change to the mundanity of the liquid diet. I have no regrets!!! :classic_big_grin:
I've just checked my 'food' order and it's out for delivery today. Yay!
I like the noodles too, disappointed that they didn't have any when I made my order so I ended up choosing curry & butternut soup.
Really looking forward to having a 'Meal' at teatime today. Oh! and I've got some water enhancer coming too. Hoping that will get me to drink more water as I'm still struggling to drink as much as I should be.
I discounted the bars on price too! :classic_big_grin: Don't think I will be bothering with them. I have started to have my last shake with hot water, the vanilla is nice hot, it reminds me of a malt drink.

How is the diet going for you, are you in the zone? :)

Hey you sound on better form! Yep, know what faecal transplants are!! It's really interesting stuff, if you don't think too much about it, although to be fair, I saw a documentary once, where they showed how the "product" is prepared! It's not that gross. I think I'd still be a bit fussy as to who the donor was 🤣😂🤣.
I wonder how much Exante screws up the gut flora?
I had a two pound loss the week before last and a sts last week, really slowed down overall. I'm expecting a one or two this week....what I am happy about is my body fat percentage, which is steadily dropping. I'm still on three packs plus as close to 200 cals from protein, ( generally some tuna or a couple of eggs). Trying really hard to drink 4l of water, but I do suffer leg cramps if I do manage that amount....still I'm in the zone and not tempted to go off course yet. I've got just over 2 weeks worth of packs left, so might make another order this weekend. Any suggestions?

Hey you sound on better form! Yep, know what faecal transplants are!! It's really interesting stuff, if you don't think too much about it, although to be fair, I saw a documentary once, where they showed how the "product" is prepared! It's not that gross. I think I'd still be a bit fussy as to who the donor was 🤣😂🤣.
I wonder how much Exante screws up the gut flora?
I had a two pound loss the week before last and a sts last week, really slowed down overall. I'm expecting a one or two this week....what I am happy about is my body fat percentage, which is steadily dropping. I'm still on three packs plus as close to 200 cals from protein, ( generally some tuna or a couple of eggs). Trying really hard to drink 4l of water, but I do suffer leg cramps if I do manage that amount....still I'm in the zone and not tempted to go off course yet. I've got just over 2 weeks worth of packs left, so might make another order this weekend. Any suggestions?

I'm constantly thinking about what not eating a varied diet is doing to my gut health and it does worry me. I have made bad choices in the past while trying to lose weight and my health suffered for it. So using Exante products seems like a 'healthier' option to some options I've gone for, but I know in the back of my mine that it's not ideal. :classic_confused:
I read up on supplements and try to compensate in that way.
It's good that you are focusing more on body fat percentages rather than the scales as it seems from reading other diaries on here that weekly weight loss even on such low cals is not always a given. Knowing this has really helped me to carry on when otherwise I may have become despondent and given up altogether.
I try to remain positive and focus on the tape measure because the scales are more often than not, a disappointment, especially when i'm sticking to the plan.

When you manage to drink 4L of water are you upping your salt intake too? Low salt can cause leg cramps.
Suggestions for meals? Hmm . . . I've been a bit rubbish at trying all the different shakes tbf and have stuck to the basic ones like strawberry and chocolate . I did go a bit wild on my last shake order and bought white chocolate & raspberry and chocolate mint, they were both really nice. :)
I tried the curry last night. I hope the taste grows on me because I've got six more of the buggers to get through! :classic_big_grin:
I've got the butternut squash soup to try tonight and it had some good reviews but saying that so did the curry! haha.

Hope everyone reading this is having a good weight loss day. :)

12/08/18

Week 6

Actually amazed that I've got to week 6!

I did a nervous mid week weigh in and had gained 2lbs! could have been worse tbf - this morning the scales are showing I'm back to the weight I was last Sunday (11st 5lbs) I'm good with that. Relieved, is probably a better word!
I'm calling this a "maintaining week" and forgetting the cheat from last week! :classic_wink:

I do actually 'feel' smaller this week. My waist measurement this morning is 31" which is 3" less than when I started! :woohoo: I carry weight quiet evenly on my body and tend to lose it the same way which is why I sometimes find it hard to notice until the tape measure comes out. ( I've lost between 2-3 inches off most other places, as of today)
I'm going to get my stored clothes out of the loft today for a rummage and to see if I fit back into any of my smaller sizes yet.

I'm having a few days away with my partner later on in the week, we're off to visit family on the coast and also to go watch a friend of ours who has a singing gig next Saturday.
It's going to be a fun week and I'm really looking forward to it but I know I do need to form a plan of some sort so I don't go completely off the rails, as I do intend on having a drink and we will be going to a couple of restaurants.

We'll be coming home on the Sunday which is my weigh in day, so I'll try to stay mindful of that and hopefully it shall keep me from going too wild. So next weeks weigh in is going to be a scary one!

12/08/18

Week 6

Actually amazed that I've got to week 6!

I did a nervous mid week weigh in and had gained 2lbs! could have been worse tbf - this morning the scales are showing I'm back to the weight I was last Sunday (11st 5lbs) I'm good with that. Relieved, is probably a better word!
I'm calling this a "maintaining week" and forgetting the cheat from last week! :classic_wink:

I do actually 'feel' smaller this week. My waist measurement this morning is 31" which is 3" less than when I started! :woohoo: I carry weight quiet evenly on my body and tend to lose it the same way which is why I sometimes find it hard to notice until the tape measure comes out. ( I've lost between 2-3 inches off most other places, as of today)
I'm going to get my stored clothes out of the loft today for a rummage and to see if I fit back into any of my smaller sizes yet.

I'm having a few days away with my partner later on in the week, we're off to visit family on the coast and also to go watch a friend of ours who has a singing gig next Saturday.
It's going to be a fun week and I'm really looking forward to it but I know I do need to form a plan of some sort so I don't go completely off the rails, as I do intend on having a drink and we will be going to a couple of restaurants.

We'll be coming home on the Sunday which is my weigh in day, so I'll try to stay mindful of that and hopefully it shall keep me from going too wild. So next weeks weigh in is going to be a scary one!
You're doing great Keto and its a good thing to take care of your tummy. My doc did say that things can go a bit side ways at least on the acid side of things. But i can think that would have an effect on the stomach flora on the whole.
You also seem to have a good plan in place so just enjoy :) hope you had a good day x

Sunday weigh-in was a no show. :classic_tongue:

I know I'm no longer in ketosis as I've had pasta, breads and potato this week. I was planning on having a couple of glasses of wine while I was away but in the end I decided not to bother and stuck to fizzy water instead.

I've not weighed in today as I know I wont have had a weight loss. I did measure my waist this morning and it was measuring just under 31" so no gain just a slight loss. I'm happy with that.

I've not really lost weight at all this second month, just maintained the first months loss, not really sure what to make of that. It's a funny old diet this.

I shall be doing 600cals from today until Sunday, aiming to get back into ketosis and shall do a weigh- in then.
All in all I'm feeling really good. I feel comfortable in my clothes and my partner said I look as though I've lost more weight. ( bless him ) I know I can't have but I don't feel as though I will have gained too much either.

Hope everyone reading this is having a fabulous week with their weight loss. Will catch up on threads today. :)

Welcome back Keto! Happy you had a good time!:)

26/08/18

Week 8

1lbs gain this week. This takes me back to 11st. 6lb.

I feel it could have been much worse. I've been having far less shakes in the second month than I did in the first and as a result this second month has been a maintenance of the weight lost in the first.

Maybe that's a result of being so strict for four weeks and the mind rebelling/feeling deprived.

I'm grateful that my 1 stone loss is still in the bag because it tells me not putting all the weight back on when off the shakes is attainable.
I've not gone madly off plan and have made ok choices food-wise but I have had eaten a few carby things which when added up have kicked me out of ketosis, I know this without even having to use the sticks.

I know there are a few of us on here who are going or already in month 3 and it will be interesting to see if we can all refocus, best of luck to us all.
Month 2 was a ***** re weight loss. Bring on month 3! I'd like another 1 stone loss by the end of it.

Hope everyone reading this is going well with their own plan. :)

Morning all! :)

Feeling very positive this morning.

I've said before that I believe weight loss is all in the mind. When my mind set is right, I lose weight. When I'm feeling erratic mentally, all my good intentions can go out the window.

When I have a good (diet) day I feel it is due to setting the correct intent when I first wake up in the morning. I do this by using a small mantra which helps me focus on the day ahead and I visualise how I want it to be. The second thing which helps me is to drink a glass of water as soon as I get out of bed. I feel this is always step one for a good (diet) day ahead.

Random post, I know! :classic_big_grin:

Just thought I would share that in the hope it can help someone who may stumble on this post looking for a bit of inspiration, or be a good reminder for myself when I'm feeling less positive.

This is a short guided meditation by Jon Gabriel (starts at 3:20) that might be useful for anyone looking to begin meditating for weight loss.

med.jpg

Last edited:
Have been having a massive clear out for the last few days ( house, not bowels :classic_err_what: ) took lots of unwanted items to the local homeless charity on Thursday and cleaned my house from top to bottom, yesterday.

Sanded and stained the wooden kitchen worktops last night. Got a new washing machine being delivered tomorrow as my old one died, so have a full basket of washing to sort tomorrow. Trying hard to keep positive and active for my first week in month three. A good weight loss on Sunday would do wonders for my moral after the poor weight loss of month two.

Fully back on Exante products for this week. Still undecided about having 3 or 4 as I've got quite a lot to do this week and I don't want to be struggling energy wise. I'm going to see how I feel by 6pm and decide on the 4th shake then.

Back