Ketoveggie - Sunday Scores on The Doors / Diary

Week 1
9lbs - Gone!

Really chuffed with that. :)

It is spurring me on to push through to next Sunday. Would be fantastic to see a 5lbs loss next week to take me to the 14lbs loss mark, but I know that's possibly being a little over expectant and I don't want to big it up only to feel disappointed if I don't get there.

Also, my BMI has finally come down out of the 30s which is really pleasing to see.

Week 1
9lbs - Gone!

Really chuffed with that. :)

It is spurring me on to push through to next Sunday. Would be fantastic to see a 5lbs loss next week to take me to the 14lbs loss mark, but I know that's possibly being a little over expectant and I don't want to big it up only to feel disappointed if I don't get there.

Also, my BMI has finally come down out of the 30s which is really pleasing to see.
Well done and congrats ☺️

Well done and congrats ☺️

Thank you! :)
Must admit I cant see where I've lost it. My stomach is really bloated today. Has anyone else experienced this on the TS shakes?

Thank you! :)
Must admit I cant see where I've lost it. My stomach is really bloated today. Has anyone else experienced this on the TS shakes?
Yep I’m like that every time I look down 🙈 I still have a long way to go but hopping it’ll get smaller lol

Into my second week now.

I feel that my mind & body have finally come to terms with having 3 shakes per day. The hunger pangs have thankfully subsided, except for a few tummy rumbles. I'm quite content to keep going. It's almost teatime and I've yet to have my second shake. Glad I've finally stopped looking at the clock to see when my next 'meal' is due. :D

Hope everyone is doing well on their chosen diet!

Sian x

Last edited:
I've become slightly obsessed with the idea of the "whoosh effect" since reading about it from one of the lovely members here. I'd never heard of the term before but maybe I vaguely knew the concept, somewhere in the back of my mind. For anyone else that didn't know the 'whoosh effect' existed then have a read of the c/p below.
I hope the knowledge will keep you moving forward if/when you have a not so good weigh-in week, as it shall me. :)

Sian x

"As you burn fat, you’ll sometimes notice that the area where the fat used to be tends to take on a sort of “squishy” consistency. “Squishy” fat forms because, as fat cells are extracted and mobilized, the space where they once existed gets filled with water, making the area feel “softer” than normal. Sometimes “squishy fat” forms in places we can see it, and sometimes it forms more internally where we can’t. Sometimes it’s in huge pockets, and sometimes it forms at a microscopic level where you can’t see it or feel it. But the areas that were once filled with fat sit there, filled with water!

The squishy-fat areas can last for a few days to as much as a few weeks. Then, one day, inexplicably and out of nowhere, all that squishy fat suddenly tightens up! In some cases, you’ll even (suddenly) look leaner! And at the same time, the scale suddenly drops — and you cheer because you feel like whatever you did the day before caused you to lose a ton of weight!

It will probably surprise you to learn that almost ALL scale movements are the result of fat burn that happened days, or even weeks ago! (Sudden scale movement at the very beginning of a diet is usually the result of water-weight being dropped due to a decrease in carb intake, however).

Did you catch that? When the scale goes down while dieting, it’s usually because of fat that you lost several days (or even weeks) ago, and your body is finally expelling the water that took its place.

Put another way, even though you may be in a state where you are constantly burning fat, the results of that effort may not show up on the scale immediately. And more likely, they’ll show all at once, one day, where you’ll have a sudden “whoosh” of weight-loss!"

Woke up this morning with a horrible yellow, furry tongue. Yak! Not nice. I'm thinking it must be a detox symptom?
Got a tongue scraper on it, then a pink salt gargle rinse before brushing my teeth with charcoal toothpaste which I got on sale from H&B. It's black! very funky, in more ways than one. :classic_big_grin:

Tongue is looking far less offensive now :brushingteeth:

Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
Hmm. . . had a mid week weigh- in this morning. Day 11 and weighing the exact same amount as on day 7?!?
A bit disheartening but as I've been sticking with the shakes I'm hoping I'll see a loss on Sunday.
Thankfully had a confirmation email off Exante to say my next order has been despatched. As long as it arrives anytime before Saturday, all will be well.

Day 12:
Got the tape measure out this morning and nothing has really changed on the inch loss side of things. Would have been nice to see at least some change to my waist but wont stress about it. I am losing weight and maybe the visceral fat is being targeted? that's the healthy way to do it. <- said my common sense!!!

However, in another part of my brain there is a massive tantrum kicking off!! "I've got a wedding to attend at the end of August and was really hoping I would be seeing the inches melting away with the weight loss by now." - IT'S NOT FAIR !! GRRR!!! :mad::mad::mad:

:p ;)

Day 13

My box of products arrived this morning. Just in time as I only had one shake left!
Looks like they were packed in a hurry. All just thrown into the box with one split shake packet which had poured all over the place. Really getting fed up with Exante's poor customer service.

I’m a newbie, just on day 3 - almost as excited as you to see your weight tomorrow 😂 xx

Haha! Thanks! no pressure then. :D

How are you finding it so far? I was still coming to terms with a grumbling tummy on day 3.

Best of luck with your weight loss. :)

Thanks 😀 I have the odd moments when I just crave “real” food but on the whole I’m finding it surprisingly ok! 😮
I’m surprised cos I was a real food junkie, grazing all day - so hopefully this is teaching me good habits 👍🏻
Your willpower is fab, I don’t know how I’d feel if I’d stuck to it but it wasn’t showing. Good luck tomorrow 😀🤞🏼

Back