Ketoveggie - Sunday Scores on The Doors / Diary

A good day, so far.

Shake for breakfast and soup for lunch. Still need to work on water intake. Will probably stick to three shakes today and have my next shake with hot water as it always seems more filling. Hot Banana! Tastes just like custard. :classic_smile:

Heya Keto! Just popped in to say how great you are doing :) Look at your BMI - that is fantastic to see! I love it that you also got the house cleaning bug now. just don't overdo it, indeed - have another meal if things get too busy tiring. Hope this week is going well for you. Onwards and downwards :)

Heya Keto! Just popped in to say how great you are doing :) Look at your BMI - that is fantastic to see! I love it that you also got the house cleaning bug now. just don't overdo it, indeed - have another meal if things get too busy tiring. Hope this week is going well for you. Onwards and downwards :)

Hey Alecto,

Thank you for the kind words. Hope things are going well for you. :) x

No weigh- in last Sunday. Have decided not to focus so much on the scales. Shall weigh in monthly from now on. Things are going well diet wise. Having a shake in the morning and depending on how I feel I'm either sticking to the shakes throughout the day or swapping for a healthy meal.
Really busy time for me atm so the focus is off food right now and just having what I need to sustain me. It feels good to take the pressure off by not weighing weekly, but at the same time I'm excited to see what the numbers will be in a couple of weeks.

I know the weight is still coming off by the way my clothes are fitting and I'm being careful to make good choices. All is good.

Hope everyone reading this is doing well with their chosen plan.

Sian x

No weigh- in last Sunday. Have decided not to focus so much on the scales. Shall weigh in monthly from now on. Things are going well diet wise. Having a shake in the morning and depending on how I feel I'm either sticking to the shakes throughout the day or swapping for a healthy meal.
Really busy time for me atm so the focus is off food right now and just having what I need to sustain me. It feels good to take the pressure off by not weighing weekly, but at the same time I'm excited to see what the numbers will be in a couple of weeks.

I know the weight is still coming off by the way my clothes are fitting and I'm being careful to make good choices. All is good.

Hope everyone reading this is doing well with their chosen plan.

Sian x

Hey Sian - you’re doing really well !! Great to read your posts . I’m also veggie, what are you eating for real meals ?
Jane

How are you, Keto? Hope things are goint swimmingly for you!

Hi all,

Well a funny old month with lots of soul searching. The conclusion I have reached is that doing a strict keto diet for 2 weeks is a fantastic way to jump start a big weight loss, but . . . being in a state of Ketosis, long term, is not a healthy option, for me.
Life shouldn't be about so much struggling when it comes to food. I am still having a shake for breakfast or skipping breakfast altogether and having lunch and dinner. ( Breakfast has never been my thing even as a small child. So I'm doing what feels right and not worrying too much about the should and should nots)

My weight is of this morning: 11st 6lbs. which is a 1lb increase on my lowest weight since starting on Keto so I'm calling that a good maintaining weight.

As I said I've been doing a lot of soul searching and really want to share this info I found online in the hope it may help someone who maybe struggling with the mental aspects of why they gain weight and what they can do to change their mindset.

Synopsis:
An introduction to cognitive reappraisal

Cognitive reappraisal is one of the primary methods in Cognitive Therapy. The word “cognitive” is synonymous with thinking. In Cognitive Therapy, cognitions include the thoughts you have about your situation, as well as enduring beliefs you have about yourself, other people, and the world that have been influenced by your life experiences.

Cognitive reappraisal is a process and a skill that involves reappraising your thoughts and beliefs in terms of their usefulness and/or accuracy, and if warranted, modifying these thoughts and beliefs and/or the impact they have on you. Ultimately, it results in learning how to think in a way that is less prone to creating unnecessary suffering and self-defeating behaviour.

Further reading and study here. I have found this ever so helpful in getting my head around having the right attitude to see me moving forward in a positive and sustainable way.

So basically, at this moment I am not being too strict on what I eat but I am balancing it out with being far more physically active than I have been this summer. It's a lot more enjoyable to go out power walking now that the hot weather is over. I am not weighing myself too often or being overly insane about losing weight every week. I am meditating more, and using positive mantras to change the way I feel about myself and I have to say I do feel so much better about myself and the fact that my weight loss, so far, is maintaining is a positive for me too.

I really hope that at least one person clicks on the link above and can find some help from it. :)

Hey Sian - you’re doing really well !! Great to read your posts . I’m also veggie, what are you eating for real meals ?
Jane

Hey Jane,

Thank you!

I recently reintroduced eggs, fish and cheese into my diet because as you probably will already know, a keto diet is not so easy for veggies/vegans.
I have been having meals such as omelette made with a dollop of fresh cream, butter and topped with a small tin of Tuna. I find this extremely filling if I have it for lunch and it keeps me going all day. Cauliflower/broccoli cheese is also a favourite. I also really enjoy the vegan burgers from Iceland. High in protein and about 7g of Carbs. I have a jar of mixed nuts and will grab a handful mid afternoon for a bit of energy.

What sort of meals have you been having? I could do with being more varied. :)

A few veggie meal suggestions here

Heya Sian - how are you? Thought id check in. Hope things are going smoothly for you. Just wanted to say - although you may have known this already- I've only just discovered oriental soups (like vietnamese pho and japanese soups etc). They do them with noodles in restaurants but you can ask for no noodles and in the veggi version (i had the veggi in the vietnamese restaurant) its just veg broth with low carb veg in it. It's a brilliant choice (i now believe) for when you wanna go out with people and also a lovely and easy recipes for home..the waitress was quite passionate to tell me how they're done and apparently you can mix in a few nice spices (to get different recipes or tastes within the same range of veg ingredients) as long as the basic broth has the key pak-choi type ingredients. Ill look into this more as im super interested in the lowcarb veggie and meaty ones for myself...but it's an idea for you if ever you struggle for meals out with friends or family :)

Just a quick update to my diary: No longer using the Exante products because for me, long term, they are not something I could stick with and I got bored, started eating unhealthy crap for a while and gained 5lbs ( could have been worse!) I do still believe that Exante is brilliant for that initial weight loss in the first two weeks and would highly recommend them to anyone as a first phase dieting strategy and to get you into the right mindset for the second phase when introducing real food back into the diet. I'll update more on my new eating habits soon. :)

Back