Kez's struggles and troubles! 17th June Restart!

HI Kez

ooohh, Wi, I bet you would have lost and if you are SOTW, then bloody brilliant, boosts it again for the next week to do well. Just don't do what I do, get a take away after, lol..

Not sure of the recipe from CD jelly, i just use a low carb blackcurrant one, which is only 6 cals for the lot.

Re the shakes, I always blend mine with ice and add extra water - 10floz. I get more water down me that way, they blend well and taste much better. Mix them too, choc one with a tsp of coffee to make a mocha, half capaccino one with half vanilla shake for a latte one, half Bananna with half choc one is nice as well. Just variations, makes a difference I think.

Gonna stick to SW from monday for a month only, then hop on to CD for a month late June to late July. That way should loose and maintain before my hols to Grenada in Aug. Thats the plan anyway :)

Rhys is fine, tests should come back tomorrow, so should know why he was like he was, and I say, was.. because he's back to being a typical teen 17 yr old lad, who don't wanna do anything, lol..

How exciting re your wedding dress, is it being sent straight to you of a shop? And are you going to go and have a look before your next fitting?

Had my strawberry tetra for lunch and had frozen it last night, so it had only part thawed, lasted an hour, lol.. x

I ordered my wedding dress from China, from the boutique was £1200 and from China was £300. I researched it loads and figured the saving was worth the gamble. So it is now on route to me!

I have ordered a size 16, but it's got a lace up back, so am hoping I get a bit of leeway either side. I am a size 22 at the moment, so a long way off. But will get a friend who is the same height as me and a 16 to try it on. Then if it fits, I know roughly what weight I need to get down to, to fit into it!

Glad to hear your boy is back to his usual self, will be interesting to hear what the result come up with. You'll know for future then.

I've got a couple of packs of jelly at home, will check out the carb content and maybe makes them up. They might be nice with a frozen vanilla shake? Or do you reckon the shake will split and go funny if frozen?

I am loving the tetras, I really struggle with the shakes. Can't stomach any of the soups now, I have mucked them up too many times. And I have got a few porridge at home for when Iam desperate for something to chew, but I don't really like them.

I am secretly hoping I am SOTW, because that will be two weeks in a row and if I stick to CD this week, then chases are I might get it next week too! And that means I would get SOTM! If my class does it? I didn't get a magnet for SOTW :( My old class you used to get a magnet, a sticker and your certificate. This class I only got a certificate :(

Those prizes aren't good, lol no incentive there at all! Not sure your shake and jelly will work, but why not try half of one and see how that goes?

I hate the soups, have 3 left at home and might have to have one 2nt, before the gym too. I have my bar for after while I have my skinny capaccino (from all the cals burned :) )

I prefer the choc and strawberry tetra's, bananna one is ok.. The bars though, I can stomache them if I trick my mind.. into thinking they are mars bars, lol.. So has to be after my eve meal watching TV (small salad or stir fry) and I put them in the freezer for 2 hrs first. I know you shouldn't do that, but hey.. they are mine, lol.. so I'll do what I will with them, as long as I get the losses, right?

Leaving work now, will gobble down another half pint of water before my half hr drive home and will prob be running to the loo, it all adds up to flushing that fat, lol x

The bars are very artificial, but I just like chewing! And the sweetness gets rid of my sweet tooth pangs. I'm going to try the shake in the freezer tonight and make some jelly.

Not sure if I've hit a slump or what, but this last hour I've done a complete U-turn in how I am feeling. I am suddenly thinking of all the things I could eat after weigh in! Must be strong though, I have to break this end of day 2 cycle!

Have fun at the gym. x

Well I officially HATE CD! Went to weigh in and lost a rubbish 1lb. I know it's a loss and I should be pleased, and I am, I was just hoping for more.

Never mind, I'm only on day 2. Oh and I have screwed up already. I was so miffed at only losing a lb I came home and eat. I had my 3rd shake and then had some gammon, egg and cheese. I tried to keep it to protein food, but know I shouldn't have eaten anything.

Tomorrow is another day! Hopefully I will still hit ketosis.

Don't worry about it hun, you should be okay with what you've eaten!! I'm meant to be making crispy cakes for work on Friday, but I've just eaten the chocolate. I feel sick now and it serves me right!!! Bye bye ketosis!! I looked at how many calories in the bar - 530cals, but more importantly 59.9g of carbs oooooooooops, never mind, I was being more relaxed and taking the pressure off, I've got a week to make up for it. It's not a restart....just a blip, tomorrow is not day 1 again it's still day 6 for me and day 3 for you!!! XX

I like that way of thinking.

a lb off is still a lb off :)

Morning everyone!

Well, todays mission is to drink lots and lots of water. My kidneys are aching and I have woken up with a grotty head, so must get the water levels up!

Have been lucky so far, as not had any headaches. But I think it's lurking there waiting for a chance to pounce! lol

My breath is still honking today so I am hoping I am still in ketosis. But we'll see. The plan is to continue on CD for this week at least, I want to use CD to get into the 16's. So that's 5lbs away.

Chocolate Tetras are even yummier than the Strawberry & Banana.

I am 1 litre of water and 2 black coffees down, my kidneys are still hurting though.

I am so, so hungry! I went for a drive at lunchtime so I didnt have to sit about in the office. Went to co-op and bought some chicken and some cheese. Wensleydale with cranberries, yum yum my favourite! I had a small slither, but it was a very small slither.

Am not looking forward to this evening. Porridge and shake for tea. While I do OH a scrummy chicken stir fry, oh the joys!

Will def be making him get the scales out of the loft tonight, I need to weigh. I need to know they are going down to justify how miserable I am feeling! :(

I gave in and ate what I had in my drawer which happened to be a packer of snack a jack type crisps. Feel very bloated now! And very foolish!

I want to be able to do CD so bad, but I just can't maintain the momentum and I seem to hav zero will power. So do I pretend it didn't happen and carry on CD from tonight or do I accept I just have to do SW and once and for all accept that CD is not something I can manage.

Like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Scott is struggling with his having to be t-total and I know he is crawling the walls with boredom. He works, plays his computer game and sleeps! When I first met him, he was really into his body building and weight lifting. He used to really enjoy going to the gym, so I am trying to encourage him to go again.

Do I invest the £40 a week that I am paying on CD into a £40 a month gym membership and concentrate on getting my lazy arse up and doing something?

I HATE gyms, they are boring and dull and I feel like a fat heffer in them! On the other hand I love swimming, so I would be happy to use the pool while Scott uses the gym.

I feel like I can't stick to anything and I am bouncing around from one plan onto the next. Do I just accept that it doesn't matter what I do as long as I am going the right direction? And try to find my path as I go along?

kerry - do what feels right. you are losing and not gaining and thats great isnt it. and i dont for a minute think that you cant do CD. you seem to do well on it, the prob is you cant stick to it for very long. also, i think you would feel better if you stopped using cd to bump up your SW losses as your body probably doesnt know if its coming or going and doing cd is mentally tough. i'm not surprised you are all over the place, but i am really proud of you for keeping on going.

as for which plan, then do what feels right for you, maybe SW and CD combined is what works for you??? I dont know, i know i couldnt do such different plans but you seem to do okayish on them????

Thanks leeds, I have decided to not carry on with CD. I do feel like I am letting myself down, but I also know that this is not doing me any good mentally or physically.

I feel so angry with myself for not being able to succeed, but that just increases the want to stuff my face! I feel exhausted from battling my cravings and urges. I want the weight off fast, but CD just isn't the one for me.

My body doesn't know what it is doing. My kidneys are still aching even though I am sure I am drinking plenty of water. I am constipated (and for someone with IBS, that's a pretty wierd feeling?), I'm fed up with feeling like my head is in a bubble.

I don't want sympathy. I am being crappy and I know it! I thought that going to the gym and doing SW was the hard option, but it turns out that it's not. CD is!

Just had a chat with my CDC and she has suggested I just take a few weeks out of dieting full stop and just be myself. Take the pressure off and look at it again in a few weeks. I have lost 20lbs and I can see a difference in myself, my clothes are looser, I feel less bloated. Maybe for the moment I need to just be content with that and take a break.

you say you only have a few tetras, and then normal shakes, would your CDC not swap the packets for tetras? i had to do this in my first week and my CDC has said if i dont like any let her know and she will change any for me! i have packets this week to try mix a moose but think i dont want to risk it and mite ask to change them to tetras, i know where i stand with them taste wise lol its the texture of the shakes u make, i think i have a bad reflux as i gag with the powder before iv even swallowd it lol TMI i know

Don't worry hun i am sure that you will get back on the wagon soon.....mayb the break will b good for you..and it doesn't mean that you can't try again in fact probably the more you try the more chance it will b better the nxt tym u try again i think you have done relii welll as i read most of your diary and losing 20 pounds is reliii great!!!...:d ima sure you can do it hun...!! mwahz

Thanks hun! I'm sure this won't be the last time me and CD come head to head, but for the time being it is. Good luck with your CD journey. x

hi sorry ur reply sisnt show until i had already posted lol

do what is right for you, as u say u have lost 20lbs!!!! thats good, and if u arent happy with CD then take the break, have a few weeks just being u and thinking positivly about food, eat healthily, you have long enough to loose the weight normally b4 ur wedding, however if u feel u still need to loose some quickly u know to do CD SS to shift it!!!!

u havent failed, u have suceeded in loosing weight, and keeping it off is part the future, so choose healthily and im sure you will do fine x

hey kez hope your ok! at the end of the day you have lost 20lbs end of! youve done soo well and am v v proud of you!! i think you need to have a break like your cdc said and just forget about dieting or its going to take over your life,you really have to be in the right frame of mind to do any diet let alone cd.

i weighed today and sts so bit gutted but was expecting at least a gain so good in a way. im getting bored now though lol and picking even more i want my will power back. no matter what you choose to do i will be posting and supporting you the whole way !!!

franabella i luv ur posts lol..they are soo encouragin n very motivatin...:D av u gota thread cnt seem to find it lol mwahz

Back