Kick Up the backside!!!

Hiya All!

Im new to this site, but no that sheer determination wont get me through this journey that im about to go on..

I knew id put on weight, usual signs trousers tighter, just going to the shelf and picking up a bigger size cos you know you need it and dont want to embarrass yourself by trying to wedge yourself in your old size.. i suppose i did what most women do.. unless you have an endless amount of money.. or are just plain lucky never to put a pound on.. i had a baby and never really lost the weight, Slipped into being a mother.. and didn't care so much about myself.. brought the bigger size, knew deep down that i was getting bigger, but every week it was the same.. diet Monday never came..
and yesterday i certainly got the biggest kick up the backside one i've been needing for a while ..

I took my daughter to a theme park and couldn't fit on a ride with her.. the attendant was embarrassed, he didn't know what to say or do, the bar wouldn't fit over my bulging stomach, was i really that big? well Lara... yes you are .. He informed me that he could get an attendant to go on the ride with my daughter, but she wanted her mummy with her.. so because of me being to fat she couldn't go in that ride.. Now i've only got myself to blame ...

So there's my story .. and this is Day one of Cambridge.. im doing this so my child does not ever have to miss put again..

Wow, that's so sad........but in the nicest possible way, a great incentive for you to do this! Just think - if you feel like cheating or giving up think of how mortified you were and it will spur you on.

I know it takes a while to gain weight but sometimes it really doesn't feel like it does it?! I swear I was a size 12 and all of a sudden I was finding size 16 a tight fit! I'm hoping that on this journey I'll work on why I eat and make better food choices. I also want to be in a position where, if my clothes start feeling tighter I do something about it straight away instead and burying my head in the sand.

Day 14 for me and still feeling very positive.

Good luck!

Nikie is right, it can be your boost when you feel like quitting! :) I can imagine how embarrassing it is, although I would NEVER go on a ride, not because of the size of the seat but because I'd be too scared :p

I think we all tend to ignore our weight gain, especially if we lead a busy life (at home or at work). I did the same, I kept buying bigger and bigger sizes over the 8 years I gained weight. And I went from a great size 10 (at 17) to a size 24 (at 29) :eek: I would also squeeze into smaller clothes, just to fool myself that I wasn't that fat :eek: So you see, you're not alone. But now after 18 weeks (I think!), I'm back to a size 16 and although I know I can't be a size 10 again (not a teenager anymore :D ), I know a size 12 is not impossible :)

And you can do it too :) And think of how much more energy you'll have to play with your daughter (and maybe with another child in the future?) xxx

Wow...truly know the feeling! Was sitting on the beach with my kids during the summer and struggled to jump up! Realised what a beach whale I had become again!!
How much do you want to lose? Im on day 4 today and it really isn't too bad!

Good luck
xxx

Back