KICKING THE SALT HABIT !!

Winnie C

I have just finished reading the Dukan diet book & although it mentions that you must greatly reduce your salt intake I couldn't find any mention of a recommended daily amount ??

Is it that no salt is to be added to foods? - I don't suffer with low blood pressure but have become really accustomed to eating salt on foods. I have also tried the low sodium salt & it is not the same :0(

Do i have to completely give up the salt ??

any advice much appreciated

Yeah as far as I know, the addition of salt is not allowed on dukan, it causes all kinds of water retention issues, so best to cut it out x

Thanks :0) It is a habit that will DEFINATELY benefit my health !! X

It certainly is Winnie, if you usually put salt on your meals you certainly will notice it for a while but your taste buds will adjust pretty quickly. Its definitely a habit worth breaking!

Well I have no salt in the house now ! All in the bin - my boyfriend will also benefit !! :0)

mmmmm yes I am going to definately get some smoked mackerel X

Get busy with the seasonings (beware the blends/mixes - they have sugar and salt in),

I puts LOADS of black pepper on most things :)... also onion powder is quite nice as a general sort of flavour :) x

I have alottogain from you alottolose !! :0)

Back