kidney pain anyone??

Linz67

I have been on Lipo for 4 weeks and am very impressed with weight loss.

For about 4-5 days i have been experiencing intermitent pain in my kidneys. I am doing the right things re water etc.
My chemist says its potassium loss. Has anyone else suffered this? I am reluctant to re-feed and stop LT as i want to lose another 14lbs or so . Obviously, my long term health is more important. However, I don;t want to stop now if this is just a temporary blip.

any views would be gratefully received. thanks

I have not suffered any Kidney pains so far on the diet. However, i would be very careful as Ketosis can cause kidney and liver damage Ketosis Definition - Health encyclopaedia - NHS Direct I don't know if you should see your doctor. I know you are reluctant to stop but don't ruin your health in the mean time.

I hope it's nothing serious and you will be ok

No way you have done damage in 4 weeks! That report also says you get fruity breath - not how I would describe it :D

Just to be on the safe side either phone or email Lipotrim.

They are really very helpful I have found.

Contact Us

If you live in England, Wales or Scotland contact us at:

Howard Foundation Research Ltd
Downing Park, Station Road, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire CB5 0NB

TEL: 0800 413735
FAX: 01223 812900
EMAIL: [email protected]

If you live in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland contact us at:

Lipotrim Ireland
Unit 3 Enterprise Centre, Ballinalee Road, Co. Longford

TEL: 00353 (0)43 31969
FAX: 00353 (0)43 31444

For information on pharmacies participating in the Lipotrim Programme call FREEPHONE 0800 413735

Love Mini xxx

I has kidney pain when i was on LT think it was within the first 2-3 weeks , i got told by my weigh in lady that it was probably due to drinking a bit to much water , so i cut down on the water (by like one bottle) a day and it did ease .

speak to your weigh in lady or man when you next get weighed .

hope that helps !

Hiya, if you are worried about anything medically related then either call NHS Direct or pop and see your GP for his/her advice, always best to get checked out by a medical professional and then you'll be safe and sorted :)

Thanks for your comments... think i will try some potassium supplements and re-feed if that doesn't work. Cheers .

Linz don't self treat with pottasium without checking with your doc would be my advise

I have been getting lower back/kidney area pains, and physio said that rapid weight loss can cause lower back to ache as its getting used to a new posture.

best to get it checked out, might be muscular. call LT and speak to doc/nurse/pharm anyway.

and princess is right - changes in potassium can be REALLY dangerous!

never self medicate, one of the ladies i care for was in hosp for 4 weeks when her potassium went too high!

good luck

Last edited:
Back