kids food do you ever feel guilty

gemma_

Silver Member
i may be only 'bad mum' so don't get angry please :break_diet:..

I eat all non processed food with slimming world and meals are all made by me, however kids asked for fish fingers so without thinking done the frozen ones. They had them with veg and slimming world chips (but made into shapes) but i cant help feeling guilty because i feel i'm eating better than my children and im giving them bad start in life :wave_cry:.

I wouldnt be upset about that gemma sounds like what you gave them was ideal. I'm assuming they ate it and enjoyed it, a bit of give and take they got what they were happy with and you gave them a healthy option as well.

Bravo i say :D

My 3 boys also eat of a lot of what I do, spag bol, curry and as of tonight pork cooked in syn free barbecue sauce with rice so far the youngest has loved it :D others havent eaten yet.

The great thing about this plan is it works round the family so we can all enjoy a bit of what we fancy.

Do they eat some of what you have or are you cooking them seperate meals all the time?

I wouldnt be upset about that gemma sounds like what you gave them was ideal. I'm assuming they ate it and enjoyed it, a bit of give and take they got what they were happy with and you gave them a healthy option as well.

Bravo i say :D

My 3 boys also eat of a lot of what I do, spag bol, curry and as of tonight pork cooked in syn free barbecue sauce with rice so far the youngest has loved it :D others havent eaten yet.

The great thing about this plan is it works round the family so we can all enjoy a bit of what we fancy.

Do they eat some of what you have or are you cooking them seperate meals all the time?

they eat some of what I am eating, but there 3 and 4 and most time would rather starve to be honest there picky, they used to have the smily faces from frozen and chips etc but I got them of that and gave them sw chips i got them thrown on floor so brought some shapes n make them stars and things so eat them now.

but i still give thm chicken nuggets, fih fingers, sasages just for less ear ache sounds bad doesn't it? my daughter is great she loves peppers stuffed with savory rice and grates cheese on top and unusual looking food but my son is sooo picky so i tend start off good then cook him whatever he wants so i know he as full tummy. then i watch 'fat families' on tv and cry because I think kayden will wnd up big because of me!

Does your son dislike healthier options or would he just prefer the nuggets, etc?

How old is he? Would he eat the healthier option if he was hungry enough?

I think youve already started to change their diet and that slowly doing it they will accept healthier/non processed options easier than a drastic change

Why dont you try make fish cakes with them, they can shape theirs like fish fingers, then just dip in flour egg and breadcrumbs. Then you can just have yours without or else use a heb. They are more likely to enjoy it/want to try it if they have been involved in making the food.

good idea, m trying to look fora cook book for kids thats healthy I ont mind making seperate meals as long as there healthy, my mum openly admits she was always working and too busy to cook so i lived on processed and ready meals and takeaways my whole life.. it;s only since moved in with partner i learnt to cook sunday dinners etc, so everything is new to me can be daunting! lol

do sw kfc chicken but make in strips or nuggett shapes & get fish & make ur own fish fingers. How about sw pizza & they can make their own.

If u get them involved they'll eat it. My son is 18mths old & he helps with the pizza.

Back