Kieran's Lean and Green log :-D

Kieran_A

Hello all, I have been lurking for a short while and seeing as I like being here so much I will join in :)

Now then, briefly about me. I have been overweight since I was 9 years old, I am now 27. I have tried dieting before I would always jeopardise myself by believign that me losing weight is nigh impossible. I would also jeopadise my eating plan by being too restrictive, e.g., only consuming 70-100g of protein a day - most of which would be tuna. Having a plan this restrictive made me want to rebel from day one!

I have been going fairly lean and green the past 10 days with only 2-3 slip ups (usually this would have meant I would have canned the eating plan entirely and go off for a few weeks/months), now that I have noticed this pattern I will allow myself 2 free sensible meals a week knowing that this will help keep me sane and less likely to fall off the wagon proper. :cool:

My stats: 5ft 4, 203lbs (down from 210lbs last week).

By going lean and green, I feel happier, I have greater control over what I eat and it's nice to see the scales move downwards for a change ;)

Now then...to think up some breakfast ideas...!

Hi there and welcome.

Sounds like you have a sensible approach. I think its much better to be realistic about what you can achieve. Apart from being super strict in the first 10 days I have allowed myself to relax a little at weekends, eg having a glass of wine or two or a little fruit. I've accepted that my weight loss will be slower but I'm much more likely to carry on and not just give up because I feel deprived and miserable!

Good luck! :)

Hi Kieran and welcome

Glad you like it here, these guys are amazingly supportive, so feel free to ask lots of questions :)

Susie

Thank you both for such a nice welcome :)

Yes I think consistency and staying on the wagon is key to long term success, like you say, weight loss may not be as rapid, but at least I will still be losing and keeping on track.

Kieran

x

And do lots of planning ahead - especially for lunches for work! That's one of my problem areas, forget my lunch and either I don't eat :eek: or the only choices locally are carby :eek::eek::D

At least now summer has arrived, salads are a lot easier - bacon bits, hard boiled eggs, lettuce, mayo and it's done :)

Hi kieran - welcome and good luck :D

Hello Katie, thank you for your kind wishes :-D oh and well done on your weight loss, 31lbs is immense!

Now then, today I give myself a 7/10.

B: Tuna and some greens

L: 2 small pork loin medallions with greens

D: Was VERY hungry, had 3 Be Good to Yourself Extra Lean pork sausages, 2 slices of turkey bacon and one egg.

Also had many pints of water throughout the day. To be honest, I would rather have not had those sausages but I wanted to use them up. Oh yes, also had a couple of espresso coffees to help with the hunger. I notice however the leaner and greener I go, the less hungry I get. Experience however has taught me this; eggs do not fill me up (unless I have loads!).

I am pleased I got enough greens in me and didn't go mad today on non-plan foods.

Over and out :-D

Kieran

x

Hey Kieran,

I have also just started on the old diet trail and came here for support - I'm doing slimming world as I'm a greedy piggy and need a diet thats not restrictive! Good luck with it all and keep on the water as it really does keep you full and flushes your body if toxins :) Keep us posted with how you go on

Why thank you skinny lover :-D The amount I need to lose is not too disimilar from yours. SW eh, my GP mentioned them to me once before, I am always interested in people's experience with these groups. Are you finding them especially helpful so far?

Kieran

x

Yowser!! Hopped on the wii fit and was happy to discover since yesterday I have dropped 2lbs. I have been pee-ing a hell of a lot. I am rather pleased to say the least. Today though, more boring food, mainly tuna and turkey with lots of greens.

I really fancy some roast chicken or roast pork...may treat myself with that tomorrow. Any ideas on how to make turkey breast fillets more interesting yet keeping it very lean? I'll check the recipes on here and get back to you all :-D

Keep on keeping on bruddah!

Kieran

x

Hi K
On atkins fat is actually a key component to help you lose! Olive oil and garlic is always yummy. I would have a cream and mushroom sauce - dont go overboard on the cream as stalls some people but a little goes a long way! Or mayo, garlic and parmesan on outside and then roasted
Yum :)

Hello Quak :D wow you've lost 86lbs, that's incredible! Well done.

Katie1, yes I allow myself some fats, but I have to admit, I am wary of consuming too many calories. A mistake I have made a few times when I attempted Atkins was me thinking "What the hell, fats are good", and I think I would go overboard. Currently I am trying to eat things which are not too calorific, such as turkey and lean pork loin etc. I seem to be losing well at the moment, so I will keep up what I'm doing, though I am certainly not scared to add more fats.

Today has been a funny day food wise: From this morning onwards I did not feel hungry, usually I am ravenous. The following is not my usual day of eating.

B: A cup of espresso
S: Some thin slices of mature cheddar and a slice of tomato
L: No lunch
D: 2 pork loin steaks

Now usually I would have a load of veg, but today I just couldn't face eating, has zero appetite. Though I have been drinking a lot of water as per normal.

I am allowing myself two sensible free meals a week. On thursday I may treat myself to a small serving of pie, mash and liqour (though to be honest, I feel indifferent) or roast bone marrow on granary toast with a parsley salad. I may have neither, depends how I feel. At the moment I feel I have control over what I eat and I am no longer 'craving' or fancying anything.

I am peeing a lot today. I take this as a good sign, not to be too graphic but I am not peeing in long gushes but rather lots of small wees lol. Experience tells me this means a loss is coming.

Onwards and upwards :) And thank you for popping in.

Kieran

x

Hey Kieron,
I'm finding SW really good as i know all the fruit and veg are really good for me. Not joined a class or anything as i just don't have the time with my work and course I'm doing. I did go to a class last year for a while but ended up leaving as it was more of a social chit chat rather than weight loss support for many. Some of the women were losing 2lb then the week after putting it back on then losing it etc - seemed pointless tbh! I know its probably just the particular class I went to but it put me off!

Well doe on the weight loss its fab!! I sneaked another peak this morning (on account of all the peeing) and have lost another 1lb woop woop :) Couldn't resist as I got up about 5 times in the night so I figured it must account for something hehe

With the turkey why don't you season with herbs de province and garlic before cooking it - lush!!

Hello Skinny! yeah well today I sprinkled chilli flakes on the turkey breasts and that really helped - but like in my post, I just wasn't interested in food today.

Like you I have been peeing all day. I know it sounds daft, but I was told that if you do not go for a pee at night, you aren't drinking enough!

Yes I can see why you left the class; you really want to be surrounded by motivated people.

And really well done on your loss :-D

Kieran

x

Thank you :-D

Had a thought of something else you could try on turkey/chicken. Simmer a tin of chopped tomatoes in a pan, once its starts to bubble and get hot pour in a can of diet coke and let it simmer and reduce until it becomes sticky. Put the turkey/chicken in a casserole dish and pour the mixture over and cook in oven. It tastes fab like a bbq sauce without all the calories! It is also lush!

Hi Kieran and welcome, don't forget to eat lots of fat, you need fat to burn fat Atkins said, that and plenty of water

Skinny, that dish sounds very good, I shall certainly have a go at making it. This weekend I plan to make braised oxtails!

Jim, Thank you for dropping by, good to see you leave a comment especially as you are sucecssful and experienced. Did you ever try going lean and not consuming a lot of fats?

Currently I am mainly eating lean cuts of meat and green beg and I appear on be losing on average a 3rd of a pound a day (though I do not anticipate this rate of loss maintaining for much longer).

Kieran

Hi kieran,

No, I went the plenty of fat route as reccomended back in the '72 book I used :)

Yes sure; if one is going to do a diet one should do it properly. I am certainly not hesitant to eat fats, I just bought some 97% pork sausages from Waitrose (only the best is good enough haha) and fry eggs in a dab of butter.

I also love pork crackling. But...and for me this is a big but...isn't a calorie still a calorie? Won't consuming a lot of fat be very high calorie? For me he best thing about going low carb is the supressed appetite which I get from eating protein. I am (personally speaking) not sure if fat supresses my appetite as much as lean protein on it's own.

Kieran

Back