Kieran's Lean and Green log :-D

Without doubt I will never eat that ever again. I am still feeling the after effects.

Funny thing; my dad came in last night from seeing friends and family carrying a huge box of doughnuts. He told me to help myself. I have not had one, and they are still in the box (minus the ones my mum n dad helped gobbled up). Now normally, they'd be in gone in minutes. I would have made a cup of coffee and munched them down in no time at all.

Hi Kieran, My ches went from 56 to 48, but I have never managed to get rid of my small moobs, it's so annoying

Haha yes moobs are not good at all. A friend of mine lost a hell of a lot of weight fairly rapidly and still has some sagginess in the chest. That's an incredible change though Jim, no wonder you had to keep buying off the peg all the time!

Last night was a battle of wills: I managed to avoid the doughnuts which were only at arms length away but I really wanted a slice of toast and jam and I am not sure how I went without it. My inner fatty kept urging me to eat it "Go on, what's one slice of toast and jam gonna do?" etc.

Anyone know why I only seem to get cravings in the evening? I hasten to add by the way, I rarely get cravings but last night was different.

Lol Jim, Trev actively works on his moobs/pecs, in fact he's at the gym doing his stuff right now. His Nan asked me if I had a bra to fit him yesterday hahaha.

Hi kieran - ref evening cravings - can you tell whether they are head cravings or tummy cravings (which i now have discovered feel quite different!)

If head - distraction, flavour, legal treat
If body - check whether you are having anything that could spike your insulin eg polyols!!!! Or having a lot of your daily carbs in one go (over 5/6g)

Well done for resisting - still best to get them out of the house:eek:

Hello Katie!

I was thinking along similar lines...it is certainly a mental thing. I think it's boredom and also because a part of me wants to try something carby again to see if I feel the same away about it as before. Of course that idea leaves my head as fast it came in.

After being a recent victim of cuts in the Police (made redundant) I had to move back in the family (an awful thing to do being 27 lol) and they flippin' love biscuits, doughnuts, ice cream etc. My dad has a very sweet tooth. So not as easy to get out the house.

They both know I am trying to lose weight yet keep offering me biscuits and ice cream lol.

Thanks for dropping by :-D

Kieran

x

Evening Kieran, how's it going? :)

Looking for work maybe?

Ahoy! hahaha not in the biscuit barrell just yet! Jim was on the money, I have been traveling around for a series of interviews. Gah! Seriously, I remember being told a career in the public sector would be safe as houses but ohhh no.

Being on the road the past few days my eating has not been as organised as I would have liked, snatching bits here and there as I can, i.e., getting a chicken kebab but without the pitta.

Finally back home and about to go and do a shop. Thank you all for keeping me in check :-D

Kieran

Well, past 3 days have been hectic and not good at all food wise. Eating on the go is not good at all, what is worse, is that I failed to prepare and we know what means. Lesson learned.

This morning I had 2 97% pork sausages, 1 egg, some greens and 2 pints of water.

Later I will have pork loin plus greens with mashed cauliflower and broccoli. So far then I have lost around 14lbs. I think this was mainly water and some fat so now I know that most of what I lose now will mostly be fat. I doubt I will lose lean mass as I have a lot of fat to get rid of first!

At the moment I am struggling in the sense that I am getting bored of what I am eating. I am hesitant to have mims and other 'Atkins friendly' frankenfoods. I shall have a glance at recipes.

Kieran

Morning Kieran mate

Afternoon Jim,

Just wondering, how linear was your weight loss? I seem to be gaining and losing a lb a 2 then having a 2-3 lbs loss.

Kieran

Pretty Linear for me Kieran , I had the odd gain or STS, but I was very strict mate, very strict indeed

Hello you,

Now then! I am back from a short trip. I ate better than last time. Good news: Saw my GP today, she saw I lost weight and told me my blood pressure has vastly improved and my cholesterol is out of the 'danger zone'. So I am pleased.

Today I have had:

B: Tuna and vegetables
L: Pork belly and veg
D: Will have more pork belly and veg.

I have been having lean beef mince (I am not keen on fatty taste it must be said) and mixed in some chilli powder, aubergines, mushrooms and some herbs oh and topped with some cheese. Nice but...I am thinking maybe it slowed my weightloss down.

Kieran

Morning Kieran, that's good news from your GP, it was the same for me when I started Atkins, everything improved and rapidly :)

Back