Kieran's Lean and Green log :-D

Yes Jim, the results were very surprising, a massive drop in blood pressure. I used to have that 'rushing' sound in my ears but that's gone!

How soon did you notice the health benefits?

Todays eating:

B: scrambled eggs and greens
L: remainder of pork belly and greens
D: ommelete (sp?) with ham and greens

Plus 3 cups of coffee (black) and lots and lots of water.

Morning Kieran, about 3 months in all was back to healthy levels mate

Now then! I have in total lost 15lbs and for the first time is a long time I am under 90kgs. For me this was a mile stone. And right now, again for the first time in a long time, I am wearing a pair of jeans I that have been hanging in my wardrobe and not thrown out...just in case I someday lose weight...

Overall I am pleased - I discovered that for too long I had limiting beliefs which stopped me from dieting consistently - I did not believe I would reach my goals. Sure, I told myself a thousand times "this time...I will lose weight and I will be happy", but of course that was something I was saying to myself to mask the real belief - I had said the same thing before...and I was still fat. I did not tackle the core issue which was lack of belief in myself. Through certain techniques I have been able to 'treat' that issue and now have a better set of beliefs. Some still need working on; I still have negative perceptions about myself in some ways. These are the root reasons why I kept eating and eating and sometimes ate till I felt sick.

Anyway, enough of the introspection :D

Food: Past few days I have been eating 95% pork sausages, minced beef cooked in a home made fajita mix with added sour cream, having omeletes, home made burgers, last night I had chicken curry with lots of greens. Oh and the too occasional bag of pork scratchings haha - thing is, when eating them I really fancy a pint of bitter.

One thing I should reduce is my cheese intake, I am going to cut that down to a pieces of cheese once or twice a week.

I am glugging water down and having black coffee a few times a day.

Considering I have been amde redundant and the area I worked in facing massive cuts and so job hunting has become difficult - I am generally upbeat. Perhaps I needed this 'time off' to focus on myself. All too often I would work more hours than I should just to get the job done and also because I liked my work. So I would put myself second - this time I have now is being put to good use.

Hey Kieran, well done on the loss & the jeans mate, that feels good doesn't it. Shame about the work situation though, maybe things will brighten up soon

Hey thank you both! Really appreciate the support, it makes a difference. Yeah I don't doubt work will come along soon, I am treating looking for work like a job anyway! Nice to have the time to get things done really i.e., sorting the garden out and doing things that needed to be done.

Yep I'm the same, after years of manic working hours I am really enjoying part time work, for however long it lasts - have caught up on some paperwork, and am now going through all my old CDs/DVDs/clothes to give to charity - never had the time to do it before :)

Too lazy to do the garden though :eek:

Hi kieran,

Yes Susie, after years of being a workoholic I'm really happy in retirement, I find so much to do :)

Hi Kieran

I"ve enjoyed reading your diary. You have a really positive attitude towards your diet and your current life changes. Quite inspirational!.

Fantastic news regarding your weight loss and getting into those jeans. It's a tremendous feeling isn't it!?

Glad to hear your making a positive out of your work situation. It can be too easy to feel sorry for ourselves when things go t***s up and comfort eat.. but you're not which is inspiring..

Keep you the good work!

Hey Kieran,

Well done on the jeans front, mate! I've got some trousers in my wardrobe that I'm hoping I can fit (not squeaze) into at some point soon!

Work is a pain in the a** to find at the moment, took me a long while to get the job I have now, and a few of my mates are struggling to find work just now. Something awsome is clearly waiting round the corner tho, so just keep looking :)

yowser! finally got internet on me phone! Am on holiday at the moment and I had to admit, being just a bit naughty, though not going completely off the rails. But eating a lot of greek salad and feta. Am not a lager drinker either...I only really like heavy strong ales which they don't seem to do here...so that's some relief!

Business back to normal very soon.

Really enjoying lurking and reading ! I can indentify with the unhelpful self beliefs but great to see how you're overcoming them! Hope for us all yet!

Wow - hope you are having a fantabulous hols. With greek salad and feta I like...retsina :)

Hello Katie!

Yes I had a lovely time, I am especially happy I didn't go overboard or too far off my eating plan.

Ok food wise:

Yesterday was the same as today

B: 97% pork sausage, 2 slices of bacon, 1 egg
L: Grilled spicy chicken breasts and courgettes
D: Lunch leftovers*

*No dinner yesterday as I didn't feel hungry

My water intake is good, have already had 2 litres. I think I need to diversify a bit more with my eating. I am looking at Linda Low carb Recipes at the moment. Also need more greens.

Lifewise I am generally upbeat, though not working is getting to me somewhat. I am volunteering with Mencap now and my local citizens advice bureau. Just need the activity, being stuck indoors is enough to drive anyone loopy.

Thank you to everyone who posts in my log, it's nice to see people involved :-D

Well done on the volunteering, I really admire people who do that rather than sitting and moping. Really hope you get a job soon xx

Ah thanks Quak, nice of you to drop by. Well to be honest, it's not totally altruistic as I am doing it mainly because I just cannot bear to do sod all, also it's good to get new and different skills. I look forward to starting (which is very soon) hopefully take my mind of food/dieting/measuring etc. It's so easy to obsess about these things I think.

Hope you're well :-D

Kieran

Aye not bad Kieran, thanks for asking :)
I know what you mean about the obsession thing, I have dieting and another one lol

Back