Kimmi's last attempt!

8th July 2013- 17stone 2lbs

I never thought I would get to this weight- i never thought that a 5ft 1 body could carry 17stone 2lbs! Well it can, I am living proof.

I did Exante back in 2011 and lost 3 stone in 3 months- I got down to 13st 4lbs and felt amazing! I met the man of my dreams and slowly piled on the pounds and more. We have an amazing life, he loves me what ever weight I am but I hate myself!

My knees hurt, my back hurts, I have continual cyst ruptures, I sweat, I'm out of breath.... The list is endless. I know that in 2 years we will start planning a family and I do not want my weight to be the obstacle in this- it has to come off!!!

So here I am- back at day one. I'm hungry, I forgot how hard these first few days were! I need to see that pink ketosis stick!!!

I've had a terrible start to exante but just done day one of my restart! I don't ever get the ketostix as I've heard they are unreliable!

Good luck!!!

Good morning Kimmi and a mega well done for getting back on the Exante train.

Hard isn't it? But we're all in the same boat, hang on in there you know it works!

Just read back and you lost 1st the first week, first time around. So fingers crossed you'll do at least the same this time around xx

Hi there. Don't worry too much about the ketostix as if you are drinking lots your urine will dilute the ketones so they may not register on the sticks. I can normally tell when ketosis has arrived by the headache, furry tongue, lethargy and coldness. A few days after those symptoms tho, the energy kicks in!!!

Thanks for your comments peeps- for some reason it feels so much harder this time round!!! Well day one went ok, day two not so bad either. The headache has started pounding but the hot weather is making it easier to drink the fluids.

I just had a vanilla shake made with just ice in the blender and it was amazing!!! I like it sweet so added a tablet sweetener and it was just like a milkshake!!! Lovely and thick and creamy! Yummy!!

I love using ketostix- I've found them quite reliable for me and for some reason gives me a good spurt into keeping on track- I do love a pink stick!! Xx

Day three-- gave in to a meal today. I was just sooo hungry and everyone was eating!! So I had a piece of chicken and some broccoli. I knew it would be the safe bet, if I'm falling off the TS wagon then chicken and broccoli is a safe place to go!! I haven't weighed and I know I'm not in ketosis so not even trying a stick just yet. To or row- must try harder!!

Well I've failed again! Was so determined this time last week and its home. So Im Sat here analysing why and how I sent wrong:

Day1 - 100% TS felt brilliant
Day 2- TS and one sherbert lemon at work
Day 3 - 2 shakes and chicken and broccoli for tea
Day 4 - 2 shakes and chicken salad for tea
Day 5- 2 shakes and chicken salad ......... And then chicken risotto
Day 6 - 2 shakes, 2 kit Kats, chicken salad
Day 7- allllll bad

So I understandably got no where near ketosis. I told myself that I NEEDED to have an evening meal and each night I took advantage and then this weekend I was left alone and went mad. We have recently moved to a new town and the boyf works shifts- I've been on my own all weekend, no friends so have just eaten and eaten and eaten.

So I'm sat here thinking I need to do TS and I need to get into ketosis, but what the point of starting tomorrow as I'm at a work bbq on Saturday and can't Not eat- its a new job and I'm not ready to explain my eating habits and this diet. But then I don't want to put it off another week - just not sure I can get through that 3 day of hell twice!

Just don't know what to do! Xx

Hi kimmi,

Blimey were both in the same boat Hun xx was ill yest so me mum made me eat and then today I have just been stuffing myself with junk! Don't know if its the hot weather but just couldn't face shakes today :( have psyched myself up to start again tomorrow but its my birthday sat so I know I'll prob end up eating that day - just gonna be good from now til then and back on it on the Sunday xxx

I've been sat here thinking how did I manage to do it last time!! But back then I was single and literally had no food in the house- now it's everywhere!! As soon as I'm down, or bored, I eat!!! Grrrr!! My boyf and I have a rare day off tomorrow so I'm going to have a nice day tomorrow Nd then back on it Tuesday!!! Xx

So I've had the warning talk by the doctor, I've had the tears of how I hate myself and today I got the picture. I always here and read that "I saw a photo and knew I had to lose weight". Well today my boyf took me and the doggy to the seaside, Maisy doesn't really like the water but today she was chasing sticks and had her first swim- I got the boyf to take a video of maisys first swim. And there I was, I could not believe the sight of me! I thought I looked good today, made an effort to get out of leggings and an oversize top and wore a lovely maxi dress. You could see my tummy moving about under the dress- it disgusted me!! How could I have let myself get to this- pure greed!!

So I've kept that video- I'm going to look at it every time I'm struggling. I need this diet, I need to succeed. So day one tomorrow..........

Oh Hun I feel your pain. I let myself get into the same traps.
*hugs* it's not easy but keep fighting the good fight.
I just view it as this if I can... It's only a few months then there is all the time in the world to eat and do it sensibly!!

Kimmi how have the last few days been

Hi Kimmi. Just been reading through your diary. How are you doing?

Back