Kim's diary of being a new mum

Kim26

Gold Member
Hi all, I'm Kim and I'm 29 and currently 13+5 weeks pregnant. Had my scan on Tuesday and baby was a monster and didn't want to turn but thankfully everything looked good and he/she is happy and growing well. I want to try and limit the weight gain so once the nausea passes (fingers crossed it seems to be slowly getting better) I plan to follow Slimming World to contain the weight gain!

Today I've told my boss and work colleagues I'm pregnant so its all feeling very real! A few more people to tell at the weekend and then most people should know so no more keeping secrets! :)

Todays food:
B- Cornflakes with semi skimmed milk and a banana
Snack- nectarine
Lunch- work lunch of lots of Indian dishes to celebrate a belated eid for one of my colleagues so good knows how many syns but I can't imagine much as most was veggie type dishes maybe a few syns for oil etc.
Dinner- will be an omelette I think!

I'm sure I will probably snack a little this afternoon as there are lots of cakes and goodies but I'm going to try and just have one thing and eat my banana or orange if I feel hungry! :rolleyes: we shall see how that goes lol!

Last edited:
Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

Haha I decided I told work so I would start my diary so I can ramble on freely about stuff without hi jacking all of your threads haha! :D

Subscribed :) Again, congrats on your pregnancy :) Not far behind me and Frances at all, just a few days! :D How exciting x

Do you have a little scan piccy we can peek at? :D xx

Haha I decided I told work so I would start my diary so I can ramble on freely about stuff without hi jacking all of your threads haha! :D

Makes it all the more real doesn't it?!
And you can ramble on my thread any time you like chic... :)
xx

My scan pic isn't great....baby was a little monster and wouldn't turn and was hidden right down in my pelvis so its not the best photo. The left side is the back/side of babys head just as it considered turning over but it stopped....I can already feel I'm going to have my hands full with this one! Haha.

Attachments

• 1377175941387.jpg
    1377175941387.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 140

Makes it all the more real doesn't it?!
And you can ramble on my thread any time you like chic... :)
xx

It feels really odd telling people when it still doesn't feel all that real yet! Maybe once I can feel baby move it might feel more real!

My scan pic isn't great....baby was a little monster and wouldn't turn and was hidden right down in my pelvis so its not the best photo. The left side is the back/side of babys head just as it considered turning over but it stopped....I can already feel I'm going to have my hands full with this one! Haha.

Ahh yeah! You can just about see it's nose at the top :) What a little pickle!! My baby was being shy and awkward at first, but luckily I had a patient sonographer who got it to roll over :D lol xx

That's pretty much like my 13 week scan.. Baby was hidden in a little nook in there so you can see its head and that's it... Little fecker!! LOL My 8 week pic was much better IMO but I love 'em both obviously :D
My midwife was great and let my BF record the whole thing on his phone so we've little vidoes of the scan which are much better coz you see it wriggling around n kicking.. And mooning us!!!!

It feels really odd telling people when it still doesn't feel all that real yet! Maybe once I can feel baby move it might feel more real!
I know what you mean.. I could easily "forget" I was pregnant.. Not having any MS or bump or kicking baby... So really can't wait for it to "feel" real...

Oh totally baby was definitely hiding, the sonographer was really patient had my bouncing my hips, empty bladder, get up and down off the table, drink a cold drink....bubba was having none of it! I guess I should be prepared my sisters baby had her hand up in front of her face in EVERY scan she had (she had a fair few as she is f diabetic) it was like "don't look at me!" I guess mine just wants to hide but that's ok if it is happy in there!

I'm fighting an unbelievable urge to buy something baby related but I swore I wouldn't until after the 20 week scan! Not that we are going to find out the sex...I want the surprise factor but definitely want to buy now I've told people!

Just spoke to my mum and she's been out buying already! She said she stopped at a boy babygrow and a girl babygrow. Im thinking that she's a bit excited about her 7th grandchild! ;)

Just spoke to my mum and she's been out buying already! She said she stopped at a boy babygrow and a girl babygrow. Im thinking that she's a bit excited about her 7th grandchild! ;)

Aww that's luvly. My bf reckons everyone's bored with babies coz this is grand baby number 5 on both sides... I told him new babies never get old :)

My mum loves babies and she loves to spoil them too! I don't think babies ever get boring they are just too cute :)

Aww that's lovely :) xx

Yeah...babies never get old, no matter how many are around you! Each one is so very exciting and precious :)

Our baby is my mum's 5th, and my dad's 7th (he's grandad to his step children's children) and on hubby's side it's the 2nd... but this baby will be just as special as the others :)

So exciting! It's nice when other people are just as excited as you isn't it :) xx

13 weeks +6 days

Well I'm thinking my scan has annoyed baby as it seems to be camped out pressing right on my bladder meaning im needing to get up at least 2 if not 3 times in the night! That's leaving a very tired Kim in the morning. :rolleyes:

I think the nausea is passing a little bit, i still get waves but not constant like it was and I seem to have an increased appetite. In fact I was so hungry last night I had to have a bowl of cereal before bed as my stomach was grumbling!

Glad its a long weekend but we are selling our flat and hoping to move so have a weekend full of flat viewings ahead! :rolleyes:

Back