Kim's diary of being a new mum

Oh yes... Baby like to sit on and boot my bladder too...

Someone i know (a friend of a friend) is 31 weeks and she told me the bladder kicks are nothing compared to the rib kicks she's now getting.....Not sure i am looking forward to the rib kicks they always look and sound very uncomfortable!

Someone i know (a friend of a friend) is 31 weeks and she told me the bladder kicks are nothing compared to the rib kicks she's now getting.....Not sure i am looking forward to the rib kicks they always look and sound very uncomfortable!

I can vouch for them being very uncomfortable at 33 weeks! He was right up there last night booting me had it was getting a bit sore. Plus you kinda feel a bit like you can't breathe when they are that high up, if you sit up quickly you get the wind knocked out of you! ;)

I think I'll prefer rib kicks TBH... At least I won't freak out if I'm not near a toilet.. I do feel like "Oh dear.. Think I've pee'd a little"

Oh missy i think i'll have words with mine and tell it to stick to the bladder kicks....but as Frances says only when near a toilet! The rib kicks do sound painful!

When I was pregnant with my first, about 34 weeks ish, my tummy had stretched and the skin over the top of my ribs was quite thin. Her fingers were over my ribs (strange feeling) so when I had a look you could see her little fingers moving (like playing the Piano) it was amazing but slightly freaked out the guy I was working with at the time....

When I was pregnant with my first, about 34 weeks ish, my tummy had stretched and the skin over the top of my ribs was quite thin. Her fingers were over my ribs (strange feeling) so when I had a look you could see her little fingers moving (like playing the Piano) it was amazing but slightly freaked out the guy I was working with at the time....

Oh wow...

23+5

Feeling really unhealthy today with food i'm eating.....i think i am eating too much bread and too many crisps etc. So going to get my SW books out next week and do a food diary. Hopefully will make me feel better...need more veg and fruit and less junk! Will be keeping a food diary on here next week too! If i could lose a lb or 2 too would be great as it will give me more wiggle room later on as i really want to keep my gain to around the 1stone mark, and already 7lbs up, so lets do this - i'm committing to doing SW through November!

Baby has been quite for the last few days but has been moving but it's all internal movements...more like thuds and bladder kicks - no kicks out towards my tummy.....even with my poking and prodding at night and morning. This is going to sound really crazy, but please tell me i'm not the only one - when i poke and prod i do kind of worry that i don't know what i am poking yet and what if i am poking it's face or something!!! I can't wait to be able to figure out where it is and what bits i'm aiming my little prods at haha. Am i the only crazy one worried i might poke my baby in the eye!? (i know, i know, there's lots of padding in there so i'm probably not going to hurt it but still can't help my brain from wondering!)

Had a really lovely phone call from someone today (i work in a support department at a University and train and support staff on our student database system) and one of the girls from a Faculty called me in a panic that she heard i'm leaving soon and how will they cope without me. I did reasure her that it was just maternity leave but she just kept asking...but when will you be back?! haha was really sweet to get that kind of call....makes you feel appreciated. :)

In other news i am desperately trying to chase to see whats going on with our house buying/selling malarkey, so far no one wants to tell me anything! grrr!
REALLY want to be in by Christmas. I think i am going to be too fat and tired in Jan to cope with moving, packing and unpacking! Hurry up solicitors!!!

wow! I was going to ask if you can actually see certain parts any any points, how amazing...but a bit freaky! haha

It was strange but wonderful..... that's the only time I have seen fingers with any of my pregnancies. She lay mainly on my left side and I used to rub in circle motions that side of of my bump. If I stopped she would push her bum out (a little round bump would appear) so I'd carry on. I can remember asking the midwife about it and she said its like a little massage for them. This was quite near the end of the pregnancy though. I haven't had it again with any of my other pregnancies..... It still amazes me how each pregnancy is different!!

23+5

Feeling really unhealthy today with food i'm eating.....i think i am eating too much bread and too many crisps etc. So going to get my SW books out next week and do a food diary. Hopefully will make me feel better...need more veg and fruit and less junk! Will be keeping a food diary on here next week too! If i could lose a lb or 2 too would be great as it will give me more wiggle room later on as i really want to keep my gain to around the 1stone mark, and already 7lbs up, so lets do this - i'm committing to doing SW through November!

Baby has been quite for the last few days but has been moving but it's all internal movements...more like thuds and bladder kicks - no kicks out towards my tummy.....even with my poking and prodding at night and morning. This is going to sound really crazy, but please tell me i'm not the only one - when i poke and prod i do kind of worry that i don't know what i am poking yet and what if i am poking it's face or something!!! I can't wait to be able to figure out where it is and what bits i'm aiming my little prods at haha. Am i the only crazy one worried i might poke my baby in the eye!? (i know, i know, there's lots of padding in there so i'm probably not going to hurt it but still can't help my brain from wondering!)

Had a really lovely phone call from someone today (i work in a support department at a University and train and support staff on our student database system) and one of the girls from a Faculty called me in a panic that she heard i'm leaving soon and how will they cope without me. I did reasure her that it was just maternity leave but she just kept asking...but when will you be back?! haha was really sweet to get that kind of call....makes you feel appreciated. :)

In other news i am desperately trying to chase to see whats going on with our house buying/selling malarkey, so far no one wants to tell me anything! grrr!
REALLY want to be in by Christmas. I think i am going to be too fat and tired in Jan to cope with moving, packing and unpacking! Hurry up solicitors!!!
Ha ha ha.. I never mentioned that but yes I do worry I'm poking an eye or something.. So I tend to press my hand rather than fingers at it to try and get a wriggle.. But then OH catches me n gives out coz he thinks i'm hurting her.... Bless his cottons.. LOL

I didn't like to ask what was happening with it all coz I know it can get frustrating when you don't know yourself.. And you feel silly then for not knowing... But yea its best to get as much sorted soon as possible coz solicitors and the likes tend to do feck all for the month of December.. Ooh this time last year I was going through all this.. In about a weeks time We went sale agreed and by the end of the month we had our keys :D
It was strange but wonderful..... that's the only time I have seen fingers with any of my pregnancies. She lay mainly on my left side and I used to rub in circle motions that side of of my bump. If I stopped she would push her bum out (a little round bump would appear) so I'd carry on. I can remember asking the midwife about it and she said its like a little massage for them. This was quite near the end of the pregnancy though. I haven't had it again with any of my other pregnancies..... It still amazes me how each pregnancy is different!!
I do that... Rub my tummy in circular motions.. Don't get a reaction as yet but will keep it up now you've said that :)

Ha ha ha.. I never mentioned that but yes I do worry I'm poking an eye or something.. So I tend to press my hand rather than fingers at it to try and get a wriggle.. But then OH catches me n gives out coz he thinks i'm hurting her.... Bless his cottons.. LOL

I didn't like to ask what was happening with it all coz I know it can get frustrating when you don't know yourself.. And you feel silly then for not knowing... But yea its best to get as much sorted soon as possible coz solicitors and the likes tend to do feck all for the month of December.. Ooh this time last year I was going through all this.. In about a weeks time We went sale agreed and by the end of the month we had our keys :D

I do that... Rub my tummy in circular motions.. Don't get a reaction as yet but will keep it up now you've said that :)

Haha i'm so glad it's not just me worried about poking the poor kid in the eye! :rolleyes: Yes, mike does tell me off too - although he has started patting my tummy when he lays his head near it...he's desperate to get a reaction but baby is normally sleepy in the evening and doesn't react. I'm sure it wont be long and baby will kicking him in the head for taking up it's space!

Oh i know the whole moving process is a complete nightmare, i am trying not to stress about it, but it's so frustrating when no-one wants to tell you whats going on! I don't even know if the people we are buying from are buying somewhere or going on to rent! argh!! Moving house and being pregnant isn't a good combo.....i keep saying to Mike "i'm holding on to the pregnancy card"...but i feel i am going to have to start using it soon! haha.
Happy almost 1 year in your house! :D

Haha i'm so glad it's not just me worried about poking the poor kid in the eye! :rolleyes: Yes, mike does tell me off too - although he has started patting my tummy when he lays his head near it...he's desperate to get a reaction but baby is normally sleepy in the evening and doesn't react. I'm sure it wont be long and baby will kicking him in the head for taking up it's space!

Oh i know the whole moving process is a complete nightmare, i am trying not to stress about it, but it's so frustrating when no-one wants to tell you whats going on! I don't even know if the people we are buying from are buying somewhere or going on to rent! argh!! Moving house and being pregnant isn't a good combo.....i keep saying to Mike "i'm holding on to the pregnancy card"...but i feel i am going to have to start using it soon! haha.
Happy almost 1 year in your house! :D
I know I can't imagine the stress of trying to sell, and buy at the same time... Just buying was enough to test us!!
Can't believe its almost a year TBH... Until I was replying there I hadn't thought about it... Very exciting.. :D
And my God has allot happened in that year!!!

J got a few kicks in the head from baby.. He says he wouldn't know it was baby kicking him if I didn't tell him though.. They aren't big strong kicks but strong enough for him to feel none the less...
Baby is usually only active when I first get in bed.. If he leaves it 10 or 15 mins after I've been in bed then there's no hope.. And he has no interest in the doppler anymore.. He's all about trying to get kicked in the head.. LOL

Oh I'd definitely use the pregnant card.. Put a banger up their ar5e!!

Haha, I've also worried I was poking baby in the eye. It's hard to know where they are in there. Mine keeps pushing either its hand or foot into my ribs and if I poke it to move it baby gives me a massive kick as if its telling me to sod off. But after the way the midwife was ragging my tummy about at the consultants last week I very much doubt we could hurt baby with a bit of poking. Mine has got to the stage now where it will kick if I place the palm of my hand over where it is :) xx

I got a right poking by one of the midwives yesterday when they were trying to figure out how baby was lying for the monitoring. Bloody hurt! They're not gentle so I definitely wouldn't worry ladies. xxx

Your house situation sounds like a right pain Kim, just what you don't need at the mo! Definitely use the pregnancy card if you have to, it's only fair I think. I've never had to buy or sell a house but I did briefly work in conveyancing and it all looked so stressful. I wish I owned my own house sometimes but with the stress buying and selling causes I'm sometimes glad I don't! xxx

I got a right poking by one of the midwives yesterday when they were trying to figure out how baby was lying for the monitoring. Bloody hurt! They're not gentle so I definitely wouldn't worry ladies. xxx Your house situation sounds like a right pain Kim, just what you don't need at the mo! Definitely use the pregnancy card if you have to, it's only fair I think. I've never had to buy or sell a house but I did briefly work in conveyancing and it all looked so stressful. I wish I owned my own house sometimes but with the stress buying and selling causes I'm sometimes glad I don't! xxx

I'm glad we got ours quite young. I was 22 when I started buying the house and 23 when I completed. I didn't have a care in the world back then, we got a 100% mortgage, bought the house from family so it was cheap (ish) and had all the time in the world to do it up (it was a MESS!!). 9 years later and it's still not done lol. But that's only because I want to decorate something every six months ;) xxx

I'm glad we got ours quite young. I was 22 when I started buying the house and 23 when I completed. I didn't have a care in the world back then, we got a 100% mortgage, bought the house from family so it was cheap (ish) and had all the time in the world to do it up (it was a MESS!!). 9 years later and it's still not done lol. But that's only because I want to decorate something every six months ;) xxx

I kinda wish I'd gone for it back in the 100% mortgage days sometimes. Although I think we'd have landed in trouble when the redundancies hit so maybe a good job we didn't!

I can't see us ever being able to buy now tbh, we have no hope of getting together even a 5% deposit. It's way too hard to get started on the properly ladder these days :( xxx

I kinda wish I'd gone for it back in the 100% mortgage days sometimes. Although I think we'd have landed in trouble when the redundancies hit so maybe a good job we didn't! I can't see us ever being able to buy now tbh, we have no hope of getting together even a 5% deposit. It's way too hard to get started on the properly ladder these days :( xxx

It's ridiculously hard. My step sister bought a house and completed on Friday just gone and I'm so proud of her. She's 24 and single and until now every penny has gone on booze so she had no savings. She's bought a house for 53k and it needs a HELL of a lot of work doing. She managed the deposit because her grandparents helped her out but without them she wouldn't have done it.
My step brother and his fiancée are also buying one. He's 21 and has saved every penny he's ever earned. He doesn't drink or smoke, doesn't drive...and he's got over 11k in the bloody bank!! They're just waiting for their house to go through now. Luckily houses are mega cheap round here. Xxx

It's ridiculously hard. My step sister bought a house and completed on Friday just gone and I'm so proud of her. She's 24 and single and until now every penny has gone on booze so she had no savings. She's bought a house for 53k and it needs a HELL of a lot of work doing. She managed the deposit because her grandparents helped her out but without them she wouldn't have done it. My step brother and his fiancée are also buying one. He's 21 and has saved every penny he's ever earned. He doesn't drink or smoke, doesn't drive...and he's got over 11k in the bloody bank!! They're just waiting for their house to go through now. Luckily houses are mega cheap round here. Xxx

My mistake was going to uni. It was my biggest mistake tbh. I'm in masses of debt because of it and it's not really helped me job wise if I'm honest! I probably could have bought a house, learned to drive and all sorts if I'd not buggered off to be a student. I have full respect for people who go the route of saving and getting started with work young, I wish I'd done it...

My mistake was going to uni. It was my biggest mistake tbh. I'm in masses of debt because of it and it's not really helped me job wise if I'm honest! I probably could have bought a house, learned to drive and all sorts if I'd not buggered off to be a student. I have full respect for people who go the route of saving and getting started with work young, I wish I'd done it...

I was all for Uni (wanted to be a teacher) but hated college so much it put me off so I went and got a full time job. Was manager of my shop at 20. But retail doesn't pay well at all hence me getting the job I've got now. I don't know how much a teacher gets paid but I'm probably not far off. Xxx

I was all for Uni (wanted to be a teacher) but hated college so much it put me off so I went and got a full time job. Was manager of my shop at 20. But retail doesn't pay well at all hence me getting the job I've got now. I don't know how much a teacher gets paid but I'm probably not far off. Xxx

Uni's fine if you have a career in mind, like teaching. I just went because I enjoyed being in education and didn't know what else to do! Was incredibly stupid but a mistake lots of people make at 18. I could be earning a lot more by now if I'd started out in work earlier but you make your choices I guess...

Back