Kim's diary of being a new mum

Glad you went and got checked and baby is ok. When I was getting headaches Tom got me some migraine strips which are like a cool gel that you stick to your forehead and they last up to 8 hours. Obviously you might look a bit daft wearing one out in public but when you're at home etc it might ease it a bit. Xx

Glad you went and got checked and baby is ok. When I was getting headaches Tom got me some migraine strips which are like a cool gel that you stick to your forehead and they last up to 8 hours. Obviously you might look a bit daft wearing one out in public but when you're at home etc it might ease it a bit. Xx

Thanks for the suggestion - I will ask Mike if he can pick some up at lunchtime as they might help me out this evening. I personally think it's a tiredness headache, i have been getting up 3,4,5 times in the night each night this week and i guess that has to take a toll. Baby obviously uses my bladder as a pillow at night as sometimes i get up and feel like i'm bursting and it's just a teeny little trickle (sorry tmi!).

Thanks for the suggestion - I will ask Mike if he can pick some up at lunchtime as they might help me out this evening. I personally think it's a tiredness headache, i have been getting up 3,4,5 times in the night each night this week and i guess that has to take a toll. Baby obviously uses my bladder as a pillow at night as sometimes i get up and feel like i'm bursting and it's just a teeny little trickle (sorry tmi!).

I know how you feel, Cole used to lay on my bladder. I don't think I did a full wee for weeks. It's brilliant being able to do a big gushing wee again!!

I know how you feel, Cole used to lay on my bladder. I don't think I did a full wee for weeks. It's brilliant being able to do a big gushing wee again!!

I actually cannot wait to be able to have a really good wee again...haha oh its the small things in life lol!

I actually cannot wait to be able to have a really good wee again...haha oh its the small things in life lol!

I had a catheter with having a spinal block so couldn't do a 'proper' wee until the morning after I had Cole but it was the best feeling when I could. Well, apart from the fact that I had to do it into a tub so the midwife could check it. Yuk!!!!

Thanks girls - the headache didn't go so i ended up at the hospital to have my BP checked, it was slightly high but not too bad so they just want to monitor it as they aren't sure why the heacahe wont go. Good thing is they did a CTG trace on baby and it was perfect, so baby Lea is nice and happy in there, oblivious to how flipping tired i am and how much my head hurts lol.

I am planning on trying the full fat coke thing today...anything is worth a shot right!? Worked at the beginning of pregnancy so fingers crossed!

aww thanks hun - that had some good points - i've forwarded to Mike....might make him switch his brain to baby names today.....maybe! lol.

35+5 weeks
Well my sister gave birth to my niece at this gestation...lets hope baby Lea cooks for a little bit longer!

As i said above i ended up going to be checked at the hospital yesterday to check my BP which is a tad high, but thankfully not too high for them to need to do anything other than monitor it. Got to get checked over tomorrow and then i have an appointment booked already for Tuesday so at least it will be monitored.

I am off out tonight to hopefully order the cot bed we want which is exciting and maybe grab a few other bits and pieces we need for bubs.

1 more day this week after today and thats another week done....and then its 2 weeks to go at work before maternity leave! :D
Oh sorry to ended up in hospital last night but thankfully all is fine and the bonus being you got to have a good listen to baby HB :)
FF coke is def good at shifting the headache but them strips would be a worth a shot too... Nice lay down on the bed and relax a while..
Only said the very same this morning...

Baby has got hiccups and it feels like it's headbutting my bum....it's a very weird sensation!

35+6weeks

Well last night i went out with my mum and aunt to order the cotbed, was so lovely looking around and getting excited about the baby, it suddenly feels very real. We ordered the one i saw a few weeks ago that comes with the under-cot-drawer and change top - it was lovely in person and cannot wait until the 11th Feb for it to arrive!

Cot.jpeg
Baby was good last night and i only got up once......makes a change from the 4/5 times it's been for the last week, so i feel much more rested today! :D

Poor baby this morning, Mike's alarm went off and i felt it jump at the sound and then it promptly had hiccups for about 10-15mins - poor thing kept kicking and wriggling so i guess it was getting angry with the hiccups when it just wanted to sleep!

The cot bed is lovely. We've got an under cot drawer with ours. Once we get ours from my dads (keep forgetting!) and Tom puts it all up I'm going to use it to store Cole's bedding.
Aw poor baby, getting woken up then getting hiccups. It's so funny when they're bouncing up and down in your pelvis :)

Kim I LOVE it... Its exactly my kinda cot/bed... FAB...
Getting the furniture really does make it more real doesn't it?! Despite the fact our tummy's have taken to jumping around the place... Doesn't really make it as really... Strangely.. lol

Must be something in the air.. Although I was up 3 times in the night.. each one was before maybe 1:30ish.. So I got a full 6 hours after that... Usually that would be a crap sleep but of late.. Its pretty darn good... lol

Kim I LOVE it... Its exactly my kinda cot/bed... FAB...
Getting the furniture really does make it more real doesn't it?! Despite the fact our tummy's have taken to jumping around the place... Doesn't really make it as really... Strangely.. lol

Must be something in the air.. Although I was up 3 times in the night.. each one was before maybe 1:30ish.. So I got a full 6 hours after that... Usually that would be a crap sleep but of late.. Its pretty darn good... lol

Oh yeah definitely i think it's knowing thats going to be baby's bed for the new few years that makes it real....sort of gives him/her a place to be rather than just this unknown entity. It's weird i was really superstitious about getting ready for baby but now i feel ready to get excited and make a place for him/her in our house and cannot wait for the cot to be all set up. Lets hope baby waits to arrive after it's been delivered and set up!

Ah it was so lovely getting some solid sleep - i was up once at 1.30ish and then slept through until 6.30am....amazing as for the last few nights it's been up and down every 1.5 - 2hrs throughout the night. The night before at about 3.30 i could have cried i was so tired and just wanted to sleep and when i did go for a wee it was a pathetic trickle despite feeling like i was going to burst and got back in to bed and felt like i still needed to go. So last nights block of sleep has done me the world of good!

Was back to the hospital today to have my BP checked and all is fine thankfully, the higher readings were a blip so hopefully no more problems on the BP front. Also the anaesthetist doesn't want to see me after all - aparently he isn't worried about me from my BMI so thats good....no need to have the "your fat" thing shoved in my face any more than it already is! Do you know what really irritates me - every single sodding comment written in my notes has to mention increased BMI somewhere......surely it's not a factor in EVERYTHING?! I'm surprised there isn't a bright neon sticker or something on the outside of my notes just to say high BMI lol. Next baby i am going to be a normal BMI thats for sure!!

Omg baby has definitely got lower and the pressure down there is unbelievable....I want it to move back up I don't know if I like this feeling much! :eek:

36+1 weeks
Eeek 36 weeks I'm almost full term! Didn't manage to get on yesterday as I spent the day with my sister trying to finish off the scrapbook we have been doing for the last couple of years for my mums 60th birthday on Thursday.

Have felt quite uncomfy and sicky this weekend but going to ignore it today as I have my baby shower so I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and sisters for a get together! :D

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend! Xx

36+2 weeks
Well i have caved and decided to use some of my annual leave over the next 2 weeks as i am so uncomfortable sitting down i don't think i can do 10 days of working full days (as lame as that sounds) so i have booked Friday off this week and also booked Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday all day off next week. That gives me 6.5 days of work left! yay! :D I didn't really want to use the holiday as i wanted to carry it over, but i decided that it was worth while otherwise i can see me having a day off sick and then having my maternity leave enforced and i would rather get to next Friday if i can.

Last night i woke up at 1am with a really upset tummy (TMI sorry!) and also had really bad period type cramps....i had a moment of "oh sh*t i should pack my bag" and then was like...nah i'll go back to bed and it will be fine! Thankfully it was fine and i the cramps must have stopped as i went back to sleep eventually. Is anyone else or did any one else suffer with upset tummy's at this stage? I seem to be "going" an awful lot and it's often very loose (Sorry, again TMI).

Yesterday i had my baby shower which was really lovely, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and baby Lea was very spoilt! Everyone did their predictions for baby's birth date, time, gender, name, weight etc and all but 2 predict a girl, with most people expecting an 8lb something baby. Will be interesting to see who is closest!

36+2 weeks Well i have caved and decided to use some of my annual leave over the next 2 weeks as i am so uncomfortable sitting down i don't think i can do 10 days of working full days (as lame as that sounds) so i have booked Friday off this week and also booked Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday all day off next week. That gives me 6.5 days of work left! yay! :D I didn't really want to use the holiday as i wanted to carry it over, but i decided that it was worth while otherwise i can see me having a day off sick and then having my maternity leave enforced and i would rather get to next Friday if i can. Last night i woke up at 1am with a really upset tummy (TMI sorry!) and also had really bad period type cramps....i had a moment of "oh sh*t i should pack my bag" and then was like...nah i'll go back to bed and it will be fine! Thankfully it was fine and i the cramps must have stopped as i went back to sleep eventually. Is anyone else or did any one else suffer with upset tummy's at this stage? I seem to be "going" an awful lot and it's often very loose (Sorry, again TMI). Yesterday i had my baby shower which was really lovely, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and baby Lea was very spoilt! Everyone did their predictions for baby's birth date, time, gender, name, weight etc and all but 2 predict a girl, with most people expecting an 8lb something baby. Will be interesting to see who is closest!

I think you've made the right decision with regards to work Kim .. It must be so tiring working that late on in pregnancy I know how uncomfortable I'm getting and I'm way behind you so god knows how uncomfortable you must be.
Glad you had a nice baby shower :) I can't wait to have one ! Sounds so much fun :) xx

Sounds like you've made the right decision for you hun.. Breaking up the weeks is prob the best option.. :)
Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly... In answer to any of us feeling the same.. barr those 2 nights I had of vomiting I've been fine... Stools have been looser (sorry.. TMI) but not like diarrhea... Could be the start of something I guess.. But yes.. I'd be getting my bags packs and ready to go if I were you...

Glad baby Lea was spoilt and you had a good yesterday.. Well deserved :) xx

I think you've made the right decision with regards to work Kim .. It must be so tiring working that late on in pregnancy I know how uncomfortable I'm getting and I'm way behind you so god knows how uncomfortable you must be.
Glad you had a nice baby shower :) I can't wait to have one ! Sounds so much fun :) xx

Thanks hun yeah I think it is the right decision.... I've got a heck of a lot on for my last few days so a break will at least give me time to sort baby stuff out etc or just lay on the sofa and do nothing which sounds equally appealing lol.

The baby shower was good fun, always lovely to see all my friends together and have a good old catch up! :)

Sounds like you've made the right decision for you hun.. Breaking up the weeks is prob the best option.. :)
Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly... In answer to any of us feeling the same.. barr those 2 nights I had of vomiting I've been fine... Stools have been looser (sorry.. TMI) but not like diarrhea... Could be the start of something I guess.. But yes.. I'd be getting my bags packs and ready to go if I were you...

Glad baby Lea was spoilt and you had a good yesterday.. Well deserved :) xx

Yeah I think it's the right decision and I'm not sure I could claim to have any more "appointments" lol how are you getting on with work?

I'm sure it's nothing other than pressure from baby on my bowel that's making me go all the time but definitely got to get the bag packed this week! :D

Yea am not too bad. The office chair gets less comfy everyday. But up until maybe 3ish it's bearable. Then I get uncomfy n tiredness sets in...
I need to make myself go to bed earlier n hopefully that may help a bit.
Thinking of offering to come in half days the week after I finish up... See if they'll do a cash in hand type thing... Half days I'd b fine with...

Back