Kim's diary of being a new mum

Yea am not too bad. The office chair gets less comfy everyday. But up until maybe 3ish it's bearable. Then I get uncomfy n tiredness sets in...
I need to make myself go to bed earlier n hopefully that may help a bit.
Thinking of offering to come in half days the week after I finish up... See if they'll do a cash in hand type thing... Half days I'd b fine with...

Yeah I find that with the office chair at about 3pm.... must be the sitting in the same position for so long!

Wow you're dedicated if you're going in the week after you finish. I'm now at the stage where I can't wait to finish. Then again by Thursday next week I'll have handed over all my work so will be bored bored bored so wouldn't want to be in with nothing to do. Half days are much more manageable though I find that I can easily get through the morning but the afternoon is a struggle so I'm sure you'd be fine. Just make sure you rest as well! Xx

Sounds like a good idea to take a couple of days off. I don't know how you're working so late, it would have done me in ;)
Before I had Cole I was going to the toilet 3+ times a day for about a week or two. Wasn't really loose but was more so than normal. As he engaged further it went away so I think he was pressing on my bowel :/

Hi sweetie x

Baby shower sounds fab so glad you had a good time :) Bet baby got thoroughly spoilt!! Really isn't long for us now!

I think you've done the right thing taking a bit of annual leave to help you out - it's so so tiring now and I don't know how you and Frances are still working! All I had to do this morning was walk from the car to my MW appointment and I struggled!! The weight of baby is just too much now for my 5 ft 3 frame. It feels so heavy to walk, kills my back etc. There's no way I could sit up-right on an office chair all day either. :\ I even get out of breath walking up the stairs to go for a wee ha ha x

Lots of rest for you now :) Not long til you're off properly xxx

Hi sweetie x

Baby shower sounds fab so glad you had a good time :) Bet baby got thoroughly spoilt!! Really isn't long for us now!

I think you've done the right thing taking a bit of annual leave to help you out - it's so so tiring now and I don't know how you and Frances are still working! All I had to do this morning was walk from the car to my MW appointment and I struggled!! The weight of baby is just too much now for my 5 ft 3 frame. It feels so heavy to walk, kills my back etc. There's no way I could sit up-right on an office chair all day either. :\ I even get out of breath walking up the stairs to go for a wee ha ha x

Lots of rest for you now :) Not long til you're off properly xxx
The office chair is actually great for keeping me from slouching so saving my back....
Just come the afternoon when the food starts building and pushing baby up a tad it gets uncomfortable.. I find anyway...
If I could bring my ball and sit on that I'd say I'd be grand... Apart from come 3:30ish when tiredness starts setting in...lol

36+3 weeks
Well had my 36 week appointment with the consultant today and my bp was high again so I'm now on lobetalol tablets to bring it down :( They are hoping that as there is no protein in my urine if the nip it in the bud it won't cause any problems. Other than that everything else is fine bubs still head down but not engaged yet. I've got to go in for bp profiles twice a week which is a bit of a pain but necessary!

I think my body is starting to feel the effects of pregnancy suddenly....I keep telling it there could be 6 more weeks so it better get over it! Not sure if it will listen though! :rolleyes:

36+3 weeks
Well had my 36 week appointment with the consultant today and my bp was high again so I'm now on lobetalol tablets to bring it down :( They are hoping that as there is no protein in my urine if the nip it in the bud it won't cause any problems. Other than that everything else is fine bubs still head down but not engaged yet. I've got to go in for bp profiles twice a week which is a bit of a pain but necessary!

I think my body is starting to feel the effects of pregnancy suddenly....I keep telling it there could be 6 more weeks so it better get over it! Not sure if it will listen though! :rolleyes:

Hi hun x sorry to hear about BP but hopefully that medication will bring it down hun x Glad everything else is good :)

Gosh I have been feeling like that recently. It's as if my body has suddenly realised I'm heavily pregnant and it's struggling! Plus my appetite has gone through the roof :\

Hope you're ok xx

Hi hun x sorry to hear about BP but hopefully that medication will bring it down hun x Glad everything else is good :)

Gosh I have been feeling like that recently. It's as if my body has suddenly realised I'm heavily pregnant and it's struggling! Plus my appetite has gone through the roof :\

Hope you're ok xx

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your bp but at least they are keeping a close eye on you. 6 weeks will absolutely fly xx

Thanks girls! Fingers crossed the tablets work but urgh I feel pants this evening. :( not sure if it's the tablets or just pregnancy?! I feel sick... then want to eat then feel even more sick so regret eating. Don't fancy anything to easy either so am forcing myself to eat. To make matters worse chocolate.... the one thing I could have eaten to make me feel better makes me feel so sick....now that's just plain mean and someone needs to have words with baby Lea about that! Lol.

Having felt so well throughout my pregnancy this suddenly feeling pants is not an appreciated side effect I can tell you!

Feeling very sorry for myself tonight! :(

Oh no :( Sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish hun :(

Hope you feel better soon xx get some rest today if you need it - stuff work :) x

Oh no hope it settles down soon! I had high bp with Jacob but I think that was due to been so obese (blush)

This time theyve put me on a minimum dose of asprin to make sure it's not high again.

Hope you feel better soon! X

36+4 weeks
Well Ive been back at the hospital this morning as I felt so dizzy and sick.... needless to say they have stopped the lobetalol tablets as they think they've made my bp go too low! So back on Saturday to check it but hopefully I'll feel better this afternoon.

Woke up with really painful bh's last night....omg it actually scared me as they were really painful! So didn't get much sleep last night.

Had to call in sick today as I was feeling so dizzy and sick this am so feel really bad about that but nothing I could do no way I could have driven!

Hope you guys are all ok! Xx

Oh no, how are the BHs now?? I had really painful ones a couple of weeks ago and I must admit it did scare me! Nothing since then though x

Hope you're feeling better this evening honey xx

Hope you feel better soon Kim. Nothing worse than dizziness, it totally floors you. Baby Lea is really making you work for it these last few weeks. Make sure you get plenty of rest xx

Kim have you seen the feb birth club?! It's BA after BA!!!! Xxx

Oh no, how are the BHs now?? I had really painful ones a couple of weeks ago and I must admit it did scare me! Nothing since then though x

Hope you're feeling better this evening honey xx

No more BH's last night, i did have period type pains again before going to sleep and was all prepared for another night of very broken sleep but instead of BH's i seemed to need to wee hourly throughout the night....i think i got 2hrs of sleep between 3am and 5am other than that i saw every hour lol. The annoying thing is i know baby is pressing on my bladder because i don't go much when i do go! Naughty baby!

Feeling much better now and was last night too which is good. Definitely don't want to have to take those horrible pills again thats for sure!

Hope you feel better soon Kim. Nothing worse than dizziness, it totally floors you. Baby Lea is really making you work for it these last few weeks. Make sure you get plenty of rest xx

Oh yes, baby is giving me a run for my money at the moment. One more week of work to get through and then i'm done, just really hope i don't have to take any time off next week!

Hope your BP starts to behave itself and you feel better. Don't worry about work x

Thanks hun, i think it's back to normal again now so feeling 1000x better than i did!

Kim have you seen the feb birth club?! It's BA after BA!!!! Xxx

Oh i know! are we the only pregnant ones left?! seems like everyone is having their feb babies in Jan!

36+5 Weeks
Well i am back to work today, feeling 1000x better than i was yesterday. Luckily i felt much better yesterday evening so was able to go to my mums and celebrate hers and my brothers birthdays with the family. Although i still felt very sick so all the yummy food and desserts/cakes were pretty much left untouched by me. :(

Feeling less sick this morning so fingers crossed that continues throughout the day....i have to confess i hate feeling sick and i am pretty pathetic when i do feel sick.

I'm on leave tomorrow so have a long weekend and i have made myself promise that i will get my hospital bag packed and ready to go tomorrow! No excuses lol!

Hope you girls are all OK xxx

Well had a call from the maternity unit they wanted me in to repeat some bloods that were taken on Tuesday as the dr wasn't happy. Well turns out I've now been admitted for monitoring. Not really sure what for yet.. they are trying to rule out things as they think its possibly the start of preeclampsia but I'm not getting symptoms and they are worried that I'll suddenly get symptoms and they will be bad. So looks like I'm going to be in overnight at least, baby is fine so that's good and they are going to do a scan to check baby tomorrow. Will keep you all posted! Xx

Well had a call from the maternity unit they wanted me in to repeat some bloods that were taken on Tuesday as the dr wasn't happy. Well turns out I've now been admitted for monitoring. Not really sure what for yet.. they are trying to rule out things as they think its possibly the start of preeclampsia but I'm not getting symptoms and they are worried that I'll suddenly get symptoms and they will be bad. So looks like I'm going to be in overnight at least, baby is fine so that's good and they are going to do a scan to check baby tomorrow. Will keep you all posted! Xx

Rubbish that you've got to spend the night in hospital but it's good that they're monitoring you and making sure baby is fine. Fingers crossed everything is ok. I know it's hard in hospital, especially seeing as they seem to want to poke and prod in the middle of the night, but try to get some rest xx

Back