Kim's diary of being a new mum

That sounds like me in early labour, I had a lot of back pain, the back pain hurt more than the tightenings to start with, although they did get more painful as time went on. Hopefully this is Baby Lea making a bid for freedom! xxx

Ooh maybe another Feb baby on the way!!! Hope you're doing ok Kim. Being in hospital drove me mad!!xx

Hope your ok Kim x thinking of you! Would be fab if baby Lea was on the way. Would certainly make my prediction of 25th feb very wrong lol xx

Keep us posted sweet x good luck x

Well dr has been still not happy with bloods done today. They want more bloods (I really will have none left!) And are muttering about inducing tomorrow if still not happy! Eeek.

Well dr has been still not happy with bloods done today. They want more bloods (I really will have none left!) And are muttering about inducing tomorrow if still not happy! Eeek.

Oh wow - sorry to hear about bloods not being ok, but exciting if you get to meet baby!! How are you feeling about it all? Xx

Sorry the doctor wasn't happy with your bloods :( but yay to meeting baby Lea, if they do decide to induce you. As long as you and bubs are ok, that's all that matters. Are you feeling ok?x

Morning hunnie... Hope you're doing OK?
Sorry to hear they need more bloods.. And that you got very little (no) sleep!! What a pain!! (I'll probably be that whinger lol)
Hopefully they can leave baby cooking a while longer to fatten up but as least you're almost the full 37 weeks so hopefully baby Lea will be just fine if he/she needs to come out to see us...

Kinda sorry I came on here now reading Laura and Missy's labours started with the period pain/lower back pain as I've got it quite bad today too... Am say in my office.. Not an ideal time for labour to kick... lol xxx

Morning hunnie... Hope you're doing OK? Sorry to hear they need more bloods.. And that you got very little (no) sleep!! What a pain!! (I'll probably be that whinger lol) Hopefully they can leave baby cooking a while longer to fatten up but as least you're almost the full 37 weeks so hopefully baby Lea will be just fine if he/she needs to come out to see us... Kinda sorry I came on here now reading Laura and Missy's labours started with the period pain/lower back pain as I've got it quite bad today too... Am say in my office.. Not an ideal time for labour to kick... lol xxx

Don't worry - my back pain started after my waters broke! ;)

Kim - hope you're doing ok? They'll do whatever is right for you and baby I'm sure but it's exciting that you might get to meet him/her sooner than you thought! xxx

Hi girls sorry I didn't get on yesterday. Bit of an emotional day ended up sobbing to a poor midwife about how scared I was there was something really wrong with me (all I got told was bloods were worse but no one ever explained anything) so she sat down and gave us an explanation of what they think my bloods are showing and it really helped. She also moved me to a single room as they had 2 inductions going on in the Ward I was in and I knew I wouldn't get any sleep. Bless her she was so nice.

I got a good night's sleep.... even baby played ball and I only got up twice and that's when they woke me for obs.

So today's the day. They look like they are definitely going to induce me today. They scanned baby yesterday and he/she was fine (I was terrified they'd let slip the gender but they didn't) and the midwife said we've got a healthy baby and a healthy mum (just some odd bloods) Let's get baby out now rather than wait for you to get symptoms or poorly! So that's the plan. It could be a long while still first stage is 24hrs with a pessary and then a further 2 for 6hrs at a time.

I'm feeling anxious about the pain and how I'll manage it but I guess I'll go with the flow.

Can't believe baby lea will be here and we haven't got a name yet lol!

Will keep you girls updated but please could you not mention on fb as I haven't told many people where I am....can't be doing with all the questions/calls etc. Ppl will know when we announce baby leas arrival :D

Xxx

Wow, it's all moving quickly! Glad you got some sleep, you'll need it if today's the day. I hope it all goes perfectly and you're not waiting too long - will be thinking of you. Nearly time to meet Baby Lea! xxx

Hey this wasn't in the plan. We're pregnancy twins.... Lol
Good luck hunnie. Will b thinking if u. N not a peep on FB xx

Glad the mw took time to sit n explain everything. I know they're busy n don't hav allot of time but not explaining really does stress us out to the max n for no reason half the time. This is all new to us. We don't hav a clue what's going in!!! Same happened with me yesterday. It was all the unknown n in the end no need for tears.... Anyway.. Enough about me xxx

Kim that's so exciting!!! Glad you and baby Lea are ok and they're acting quick before either of you get poorly. My advice is get on the gas and air as soon as you can, it's brill!! And eat plenty. If you have to go on the drip you won't be allowed to eat or drink anything other than water.
I can understand you being nervous about labour but once you're actually in labour it's not that bad. Obviously it hurts but it hurts for a reason. And you just focus on the end result. Good luck, you'll be absolutely brilliant!! Can't wait for your birth announcement xx

Wow, it's all moving quickly! Glad you got some sleep, you'll need it if today's the day. I hope it all goes perfectly and you're not waiting too long - will be thinking of you. Nearly time to meet Baby Lea! xxx

I know its all moving very quickly and yesterday I was too tired to roll with it but feeling much more prepared today. Poor Mike I even made him almost cry yesterday with how emotional I was. Fingers crossed today will be fine and we can look forward to meeting baby whenever that happens.

Hey this wasn't in the plan. We're pregnancy twins.... Lol
Good luck hunnie. Will b thinking if u. N not a peep on FB xx

Glad the mw took time to sit n explain everything. I know they're busy n don't hav allot of time but not explaining really does stress us out to the max n for no reason half the time. This is all new to us. We don't hav a clue what's going in!!! Same happened with me yesterday. It was all the unknown n in the end no need for tears.... Anyway.. Enough about me xxx

Haha I know hun! You best get a wriggle on and get baby O out too ;)

Yeah the lack of explaining really is scary.... the worse thing is the thing they keep saying for me is 'query HELPP syndrome' I didn't have a clue what that was and no one explained it and it sounded scary. The midwife explained the HELPP stands for the bits that make up the problem (can't recall what she said and I'm not googling! Lol) but that it doesn't mean help!! So once she explained both Mike and I felt much better.

Kim that's so exciting!!! Glad you and baby Lea are ok and they're acting quick before either of you get poorly. My advice is get on the gas and air as soon as you can, it's brill!! And eat plenty. If you have to go on the drip you won't be allowed to eat or drink anything other than water.
I can understand you being nervous about labour but once you're actually in labour it's not that bad. Obviously it hurts but it hurts for a reason. And you just focus on the end result. Good luck, you'll be absolutely brilliant!! Can't wait for your birth announcement xx

Thanks for the tips hun I am really nervous about the pain (never really considered induction) but I'm going to roll with it. If I need an epidural im going to get one but will see how I get on. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long but I'm not getting my hopes up....37 weeks is pretty early to force my body in to this.

Eeeek can't belive this is going to happen! No turning back now I guess lol. Xx

Definitely just go with it and see what you need. I went in with no expectations and that was the best way in the end, it's different for everyone. I had every painkiller available but lots of people manage fine with just G&A. I did for most of it tbh and I was very worried about the pain, it was only towards the end that the G&A stopped working as well and I really needed the working epidural.

Just shows how quickly things can change too - bet you never thought you'd be meeting baby this soon! xxx

Definitely just go with it and see what you need. I went in with no expectations and that was the best way in the end, it's different for everyone. I had every painkiller available but lots of people manage fine with just G&A. I did for most of it tbh and I was very worried about the pain, it was only towards the end that the G&A stopped working as well and I really needed the working epidural.

Just shows how quickly things can change too - bet you never thought you'd be meeting baby this soon! xxx

Thanks missy :) yeah I'm hoping gas and air will work for me but I'm open to most things so just going to see what I need. They may even want me to have an epidural as it lowers bp slightly which they might want for me.

Never imagined it would happen like this but thankful they have spotted a potential problem and are dealing with it!

Watch this space! ;)

Thanks missy :) yeah I'm hoping gas and air will work for me but I'm open to most things so just going to see what I need. They may even want me to have an epidural as it lowers bp slightly which they might want for me. Never imagined it would happen like this but thankful they have spotted a potential problem and are dealing with it! Watch this space! ;)

It's so unpredictable, I never thought my waters would go when they did - I remember what a shock it all was so for you to be having baby now must be crazy! It's brilliant that they've been so on the ball and proactive in keeping you both healthy. Keep us posted if you can! xxx

Good luck my lovely x glad they explained everything to you. She sounds like a fab MW for being so lovely :) x

Hope today goes well, I'm sure you will be absolutely fine and will cope better than you imagine xx

Still waiting for drs to come and see me and prescribe the required meds. They are stuck up on labour Ward/theatre hence the delay. Fingers crossed they get things started soon! Will update you all soon! Xx

Back