Kim's diary of being a new mum

Hi girls so sorry for the delay in posting. Mike and I are very proud (and a little shocked! ) to introduce Rebecca Charlotte Joan Lea to you all. Rebecca weighed in at 6lb 4oz's and was born at 10.52am today (2.2.14). Mummy and baby are both fine.... mummy a little sore after a rather horrific forceps delivery (hardly any pain relief and little Rebecca in completely the wrong position!) but over the moon with our newest addition. Love kim, mike and rebecca. Xxx p.s please nothing on fb yet as we still have family to tell xxx

Wow, that's two minis babies on the same day and a mega quick induction for you!

Huge congratulations to you and Mike and welcome to Rebecca! Hope you're feeling ok and resting up, the birth does not sound fun at all but she's here now and I bet you both can't get the smiles off your faces! xxx

(Ps - surely one of us first time mums is due a birth that doesn't end up in surgery! Got my fingers crossed for great birth experiences for the rest of the Feb girls and beyond)

OMG she is so so so cute. Wee Rebecca! Lovely name and a good weight for an early little girl.
Really hope you aren't in too much pain and everyone is looking after you well. xx

Ohhh did I mention how cute she is....adorable :D

Congratulations to you and Mike :D

A girl!!!!!! I think feb is the month for girlies!! :D well done hun! She's beautiful xxxxxxxxx

Wow, that's two minis babies on the same day and a mega quick induction for you! Huge congratulations to you and Mike and welcome to Rebecca! Hope you're feeling ok and resting up, the birth does not sound fun at all but she's here now and I bet you both can't get the smiles off your faces! xxx (Ps - surely one of us first time mums is due a birth that doesn't end up in surgery! Got my fingers crossed for great birth experiences for the rest of the Feb girls and beyond)

I know Missy! I was thinking the same x bless you lot don't think there's been one totally smooth birth yet ;) xxx

My little munchkin xx
OMG Kim... She's so perfectly adorable... Looks so peaceful... Look at her hair... OMG... I could actually cry am so happy for you

Come on baby Lee... Baby Lea wants to meet you.. lol :) xxx

OMG Kim... She's so perfectly adorable... Looks so peaceful... Look at her hair... OMG... I could actually cry am so happy for you Come on baby Lee... Baby Lea wants to meet you.. lol :) xxx

And baby "Gee" ;) !!! I don't wanna be left behind please lol xxx

Congratulations Kim what a little beauty xx

Just dropping in to see if you're ok :) Your little lady is just so beautiful! Welcome to the world little Rebecca! :) xxx

Thank you girls. We are still in hospital and I really want to get home! They are happy with little lady but now need to monitor my bloods I lost a fair amount in labour and delivery I am now on iron tablets. They are also concerned that my platelets have dropped even further since delivery. So waiting for the doctors... who were meant to review last night but didn't.

Really struggling with bf at the moment, she will latch to my left side but yesterday evening made me bleed then proceeded to cough up bright red blood! Holy crap that scared the pants off me as you can imagine! I've been giving that side a rest and expressing from it and syringe feeding her but she will not latch to my right side and i really don't know why! Stressful trying ro bf but I desperately want to do it for her and me.

Hope you girls are all well! Xxx

Thank you girls. We are still in hospital and I really want to get home! They are happy with little lady but now need to monitor my bloods I lost a fair amount in labour and delivery I am now on iron tablets. They are also concerned that my platelets have dropped even further since delivery. So waiting for the doctors... who were meant to review last night but didn't.

Really struggling with bf at the moment, she will latch to my left side but yesterday evening made me bleed then proceeded to cough up bright red blood! Holy crap that scared the pants off me as you can imagine! I've been giving that side a rest and expressing from it and syringe feeding her but she will not latch to my right side and i really don't know why! Stressful trying ro bf but I desperately want to do it for her and me.

Hope you girls are all well! Xxx
Hi hunnie... Hopefully all gets sorted soon and is nothing much to worry about and you, and your perfect little lady can get home...
Gosh that whole coughing up blood sounds petrifying.. jeez... These babies don't make it easy do they?! Worth it though am sure :)
xxx

Thank you girls. We are still in hospital and I really want to get home! They are happy with little lady but now need to monitor my bloods I lost a fair amount in labour and delivery I am now on iron tablets. They are also concerned that my platelets have dropped even further since delivery. So waiting for the doctors... who were meant to review last night but didn't. Really struggling with bf at the moment, she will latch to my left side but yesterday evening made me bleed then proceeded to cough up bright red blood! Holy crap that scared the pants off me as you can imagine! I've been giving that side a rest and expressing from it and syringe feeding her but she will not latch to my right side and i really don't know why! Stressful trying ro bf but I desperately want to do it for her and me. Hope you girls are all well! Xxx

Bless you hun, bf is so tough. I struggled as you know but there is light at the end of the tunnel! The blood thing sounds awful though, not surprised that scared you.

I know exactly what you mean about desperately wanting to make it work, it's exactly how I felt and I was surprised at how strongly I felt about bf. Just don't do a me and put too much pressure on yourself, especially when recovering from a difficult birth. My biggest mistake was expecting too much from myself too quickly! If you're still struggling when you get home get your local infant feeding team involved - I swear I would have given up bf by now if it wasn't for them, they've been amazing.

Hope you're feeling ok, I had low iron too after blood loss so I know how grotty it makes you feel. Take it easy (as much as you can of course!) xxx

Hi girls,
The blood thing was ultra scary... she's quite mucusy following delivery so has been coughing up yellow mucus but the blood freaked me and mike out completely. Luckily it looks like it's just from me. They did 3hrly obs on Rebecca overnight and all has been fine.

This is my view right now.... could get used to seeing this little face looking at me when I wake up.

Oh and hospital lunch was vile today! Bleurgh! Haha.

Hi girls,
The blood thing was ultra scary... she's quite mucusy following delivery so has been coughing up yellow mucus but the blood freaked me and mike out completely. Luckily it looks like it's just from me. They did 3hrly obs on Rebecca overnight and all has been fine.

This is my view right now.... could get used to seeing this little face looking at me when I wake up.

Oh and hospital lunch was vile today! Bleurgh! Haha.
Ah Kim.... How absolutely perfect is she??? Look at her little button nose.. And her cute little lips.. She looks so content n cosy... OMG I could actually cry looking at that... WTF is wrong with me!!!!!!

I LOVE her blanket!!!!!

Ah Kim.... How absolutely perfect is she??? Look at her little button nose.. And her cute little lips.. She looks so content n cosy... OMG I could actually cry looking at that... WTF is wrong with me!!!!!!

I LOVE her blanket!!!!!
Ha you definately have a thing for blankets lately Frances!

I LOVE her blanket!!!!!

Aww thanks hun I have to agree she is pretty perfect even if she tends to look a bit grumpy most the time lol....shes a cute grump. I guess she has every right to be grumpy she wasn't ready to be here yet.

I love her blanket too my mum gave it to us and it's perfect. Everyone comments on it. Its just the right amount of pink not too OTT xx

She's beautiful! Do you know how long before your allowed home? X

Back