Kim's diary of being a new mum

Glad she's getting there. Fingers crossed you can come home soon xx

Morning hunnie.. Delighted to read your latest update.. Well done Rebecca.. Already a little fighter :) xx

I second this :) so lovely to read! Hope you can both go home soon xxxx

Well it seems Miss Rebecca wants to puzzle the hospital like her mummy. Yesterday was really looking positive but since Thursday she's had a bit of a temperature but they thought it was environmental due to the double light therapy. Well yesterday she spiked really high temps so she is now on iv antibiotics, they had to give her calpol to bring the temperature down and have also had to feed her through a tube at midnight and 3am as she was too tired to feed :( they don't really know what's going on so have done lots of tests some will take 48hrs to come back so doesn't look like I'll be out any time soon :( early results aren't showing infection so they really are a bit puzzled!

My poor little baby its heartbreaking to see her poorly I just want to take it all away from her.

Bless you, you've had so much to deal with in the space of a week, as if becoming a mummy and all the emotions that go with isn't hard enough on it's own. You are doing so so well and Rebecca is very lucky to have you! I hope your poorly little girl is on the mend soon, more hugs coming your way from me xxx

Thanks girls im really not sure where I'm getting strength from to deal with this. I'm struggling so much. I'm an emotional wreck crying all the time. It's just not fair that we are having to go through this. It really is one step forward and 2 back. I've just got to try to stay strong for Rebecca.

Thanks girls im really not sure where I'm getting strength from to deal with this. I'm struggling so much. I'm an emotional wreck crying all the time. It's just not fair that we are having to go through this. It really is one step forward and 2 back. I've just got to try to stay strong for Rebecca.

And you are doing - you are much stronger than I think I would be in your situation! Even if all were well you'd probably still be emotional, it's prime time for baby blues right now and your hormones will be going crackers. I was crying over nothing when I was at your stage so the fact that you are going through the emotional postpartum turmoil and coming out the other side with everything else going on is amazing. Don't doubt how well you are doing!

It's not fair at all, no little one should be poorly like that and no mummies should ever have to deal with it. I really hope today brings better news and you get closer to taking her home. Hope Mike's doing ok too, it must be hard having you both away from him xxx

Ur dad is pulling u thru. N he's looking after Rebecca too. She'll b well n home with u before u know it. Let the docs look after Rebecca n mike look after u. Xxxxxx

Thanks girls everyone says I'm strong but I really don't feel it. I just want this nightmare to be over. I never imagined this would happen. Just been to feed the monster and she's still got s temperature and she's laying in just a nappy. She's feeding well and crying well but it's just so hard I want my baby girl with me so badly. My heart aches when I have to leave her in there. I know she's in the best place but it just hurts so so much. I want then to make her better and it's not happening quick enough.

We just find the strength.. From where.. I have no idea.. But that's your little girl.. Of course your gona find it!!
Cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling hunnie and won't pretend to have any clue... Hope you're letting Mike look after you.. xxx

Thanks girls everyone says I'm strong but I really don't feel it. I just want this nightmare to be over. I never imagined this would happen. Just been to feed the monster and she's still got s temperature and she's laying in just a nappy. She's feeding well and crying well but it's just so hard I want my baby girl with me so badly. My heart aches when I have to leave her in there. I know she's in the best place but it just hurts so so much. I want then to make her better and it's not happening quick enough.

It's amazing what you can do when it's your baby, I think it's something in us all that wakes up when you become a parent. It's like there's some kind of primal instinct to look after them and hold them close so leaving her is gonna feel like the worst thing in the world. I couldn't imagine how I would cope if it was Seth in that situation. You are strong - don't doubt that. And make sure you let yourself be looked after too so when you get to take your baby home you're both healthy and ready to begin family life together xxx

Oh hun x but you are being very strong. I promise you. Your doing so so well, I know you might not feel like it. I know it feels so awful now, but soon you'll both be home and this will just be a distant memory. You'll be together properly soon. It's horrible, but life does like to throw us some obstacles doesn't it - but you, Mike and Rebecca are just showing how strong you are. This will all just feel like a bad dream soon lovely xx

Big big hugs x I wish there was more I could do to make everything better for you.

Lots of love to you, Mike and little Rebecca xxx

Aww Kim I can symathise and I know all to well what it is like. You will pull through it though. Babies are stronger and bounce back quicker than you think. You make sure that you look after yourself in the mean time. Rebecca will need a well mammy when she is ready to come home. Make sure you eat well and sleep. Believe me, I didn't do this and ended up really sick and exhausted.

I'll say a little prayer for you and your family xx

Aww hun I hope they get her sorted very soon so you can be with her again!! So so awful when their poorly :( xx

My poor baby girl has meningitis :( :( :(
Im distraught and worried sick. They have caught it very early and she had already been on the correct antibiotics before they got the result of the lumbar puncture. She's doing ok they are able to control the temperature with calpol which will hopefully make her feel better and it's just a case of waiting for the antibiotics to work and to get the exact results back from the lumbar puncture as they are now going to try and grow the bacteria to make sure she doesn't need any other antibiotics.

My poor poor baby I don't know why we deserve this. I'm heartbroken :(

P.s I haven't really told anyone about this as im struggling with the constant texts from everyone and having to tell people over and over again so please can I ask that nothing goes on Facebook xxx

My poor baby girl has meningitis :( :( :( Im distraught and worried sick. They have caught it very early and she had already been on the correct antibiotics before they got the result of the lumbar puncture. She's doing ok they are able to control the temperature with calpol which will hopefully make her feel better and it's just a case of waiting for the antibiotics to work and to get the exact results back from the lumbar puncture as they are now going to try and grow the bacteria to make sure she doesn't need any other antibiotics. My poor poor baby I don't know why we deserve this. I'm heartbroken :(

Aw Kim you poor thing!! Massive hugs to you, Mike and Rebecca. You most certainly do NOT deserve this and it's unfortunately one of those things and no parent should ever have to go through it. My heart really goes out to you, you've all really been through it. Hopefully the fact that she was already on the antibiotics means she'll be better as soon as possible. It sounds like they are really doing everything they can to get her fighting fit soon. Xxx

Kim I'm sorry to hear this my thoughts are with you. Stay strong big hugs xx

Oh god Kim, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! Poor little girl, I hope she improves very soon. No one ever deserves this, it's such a horrible situation for you, Mike and Rebecca. You're all in my thoughts, I just wish there was more I could do or say. Massive hugs xxx

Kim, I'm sorry you and your little lady are going through this. My thoughts hopes and prayers are with you and your little family xx

Back