Kim's diary of being a new mum

Kim I am so sorry that you are going through this I hope and prey tgat the antibiotics kick in soon and you get to take your gorgeous daughter home x

Oh god Kim, I don't know what to say :( I am so so so sorry you are going through this and hope the antibiotics work quickly. Poor little Rebecca. Stay strong darling, it must be oh so heartbreaking and so worrying but I'm sure everything is going to be ok. Big hugs. I wish there was something I could do...I know we'd all do it. Keeping you and Rebecca in my thoughts honey xxxxx

I'm glad they caught it early and are doing all they can.. I hope u and your daughter get well soon!!

Thinking of you xxxx

Thanks girls this is certainly the hardest thing I've had to deal with but somehow im trying to stay strong for little Rebecca. She had s settled night and her temperature didn't spike as high as it has been so I'm hoping that's a positive sign. She's been feeding well and even woke for a snack at 4am following a big feed at 3am! She's breastfed from me for a good 35 mins at her last feed so I'm taking this as good signs. The calpol is keeping her temp down it just starts to spike as she gets closer to the next dose being due. Today will be 48hrs on the first set of antibiotics so I'm hoping by tonight there might be signs that they are working. I'm also hoping they might get the blood cultures back to see if they can identify what it is exactly that's causing this.

Thanks girls this is certainly the hardest thing I've had to deal with but somehow im trying to stay strong for little Rebecca. She had s settled night and her temperature didn't spike as high as it has been so I'm hoping that's a positive sign. She's been feeding well and even woke for a snack at 4am following a big feed at 3am! She's breastfed from me for a good 35 mins at her last feed so I'm taking this as good signs. The calpol is keeping her temp down it just starts to spike as she gets closer to the next dose being due. Today will be 48hrs on the first set of antibiotics so I'm hoping by tonight there might be signs that they are working. I'm also hoping they might get the blood cultures back to see if they can identify what it is exactly that's causing this.

Aww that's great news she's feeding n has an appetite hun. Hopefully u get good news this evening xxxx
Hope ur looking after urself n eating n resting when possible?! Xxxx

Aww that's great news she's feeding n has an appetite hun. Hopefully u get good news this evening xxxx
Hope ur looking after urself n eating n resting when possible?! Xxxx

Well the icing on the cake was that a couple of my stitches have come apart and are infected so I'm now on antibiotics for that.....obviously just trying to compete with my daughter on who can have the most antibiotics. Other than that the special care nurses have been fab and have done the 3am feed so I get a block of about 4hrs sleep which I think is helping especially with breastfeeding and expressing. I'm trying to take care of myself as much as possible. Xx

Aww Kim I'm so sorry to hear about all this ... You are a tough cookie!
I'm glad Rebecca has been feeding and temperature has come down .. At least like you said they caught it early on and she has a fab team taking care of her .
Like the others said remember to look after yourself aswel and we are all thinking of you both and wishing you both better soon xxxxx

Well the icing on the cake was that a couple of my stitches have come apart and are infected so I'm now on antibiotics for that.....obviously just trying to compete with my daughter on who can have the most antibiotics. Other than that the special care nurses have been fab and have done the 3am feed so I get a block of about 4hrs sleep which I think is helping especially with breastfeeding and expressing. I'm trying to take care of myself as much as possible. Xx

Oh blimey Kim, it's pouring as well as raining! I'm glad you're being well looked after though, it sounds like they're wonderful with Rebecca too which must make a huge difference at such a difficult time. You and your little family are in my thoughts - I really hope this is the end of your bad run and the start of everything getting better so you can get home and settled xxx

That's girls. Well little ladies temperature has come down and seems to be staying down. They are spacing the calpol out a little bit more to see what the temperature is doing but overnight it stayed down and little lady even got to wear a vest (first time she's had clothes on since Thursday!) So I'm hoping it's a sign that the antibiotics are starting to work. They are muttering about sending me home so I'm just going that special care want her to come back to me but we shall see. I'm not keen on going home without my monkey but equally have almost been in hospital 2 weeks so I do need to go home! Will keep you all updated xxx

Fab news that she seems to be on the mend! I hope everything continues to improve for you all and you're all home together soon :) xxx

Well I'm being discharged tonight and have to leave my baby in hospital. Its killing me just the thought of walking out without my baby I don't know how im going to actually do it :( :(:(:( I really don't understand why this had to happen to us its just not fair im meant to take my baby home with me.

Well I'm being discharged tonight and have to leave my baby in hospital. Its killing me just the thought of walking out without my baby I don't know how im going to actually do it :( :(:(:( I really don't understand why this had to happen to us its just not fair im meant to take my baby home with me.

Kim, I feel for you so much. I can't imagine having to go through what you have, you really are a strong & brave woman. I know it's probably the last thing you feel like hearing but she really is in the best place until she's better. It's just not fair that you're having to leave her. Are you allowed in hospital all day to see her?xx

Huge hugs hun, you are doing so so well. I can't imagine how I would be in your position. The fact that you've kept on with feeding her as you want to as well and stood your ground - I'm in awe tbh! What's happened to you all is so incredibly unfair :(

Are they letting you spend all day with her? It can't be long now until she's home with you surely and when that day comes it's going to feel like the best day in the world. xxx

Thanks girls it was incredibly hard to leave her last night I sobbed all the way out the hospital and home. I know she's in the right place it's just so hard leaving her but I know she's being looked after by the loveliest people who genuinely care about the babies. It was a tough night with lots of tears but I was so exhausted I did manage to sleep for a few hours.

We are able to visit whenever we want so im spending my days here. We got here at 8.30 and we will go after the 9pm feed. They have an expressing room and a parents sitting room so we don't have to always sit by her cot (I could easily do that but she needs to sleep to fight this so I want to let her). Im currently sitting in the expressing room trying to up my supply as little lady is feeding from me when I'm here and I want her to have enough plus more for the night feeds. Yesterday she had hardly any formula which is good.

The best thing was we got here this morning to find her fully dressed....she was naked until yesterday when they put a vest on her but today she is clothed and under a sheet. They also took her off the monitor they had her on so she's literally just having her medicine and temperature monitored. Shes got possibly 3 weeks of antibiotics as they did a brain scan yesterday and they saw some inflammation where they would expect it but due to the brightness of it they want to ensure she gets more than enough antibiotics to kick the infection. At the moment it's not clear how long she will be in here for, we will just play it by ear!

Aww Kim I really feel for you!! But so happy little lady seems to be improving day by day and is finally not in the nude lol. I know how difficult it is to leave your baby in hospital. I coped by spending my time at home making it all perfect for my little man coming home. I spent all the day time in the hospital too and hubby used to drag me home at night. Make sure and rest now as much as you can xx

Back