Kim's diary of being a new mum

Well I'm starting (again) on sw. I'm trying to do it from home until the end of may then if im still floundering I'll join a group in june.

So Extra Easy plan for today:

I get more Healthy extras due to bf so I can have 6....im going to use them if I need them.

Pre Breakfast: banana and coconut mullerlight

Breakfast: 35g porridge oats (HeB) with ss milk (HeA) with frozen berries and a bit of sweetener.

Lunch: jacket potato with baked beans and salad

Dinner: spaghetti bolognese with salad. 30g cheese (heA)

Snacks: hot chocolate made with milk (heA + 2 syns)

Food looks tasty :)

Hi girls sorry I've been missing for a little while. I've not been in the best of places as Saturday saw the 1 year anniversary of my dad passing away. It hit me pretty hard for a few days before it and of course my mood seemed to unsettle Rebecca which was double whammy. Saturday was also Mikes 30th birthday and we had a bbq party for him which was a ton of work and I spent most the time in the kitchen rather than enjoying the party so probably not our best idea but hopefully everyone who came enjoyed themselves.

Mike and I got in to a row Saturday night once everyone had gone which was awful I hated that we raised our voices at each other in front of Rebecca :( I think we were both emotional and for me having put on a brave face to make sure mike had a good birthday took its toll and we were both tired and I snapped at him when I shouldn't have. We sorted it out though.

Rebecca has had a bad couple of days since Sunday. We put her bad mood on Sunday down to the disruption of her routine on Saturday but she was worse yesterday and screamed the whole day. We both ended up in tears as I just couldn't settle her. I ended up taking her to bed for the afternoon and sleeping with her. She got a bit better once mike got home and she had her evening bottle. This morning I've woken up with a sore throat so I wonder if shes got one to too. She seems a bit better today but still grumpy but she at least hasn't screamed the place down all morning.

apart from that Rebecca now weighs 10lb 4.5ozs and is doing great. We've signed up for baby sensory classes that start 3rd june so looking forward to that.

For mikes birthday I've booked a weekend away at center parcs with 2 other couples and their babies so I'm really looking forward to that. :D Rebecca has her 3rd lot of jabs on 3rd June so need to take her swimming ready for center parcs.

I hope you girls and babies are well xxx

Oh Kim :( I'm so sorry. I was thinking about you over the weekend as I remember you saying it was in May sometime, and I saw you put a little pic up on facebook so I did wonder if it was the anniversary. :( Big hugs. Anniversaries, Christmas, Birthdays etc are the worst for me. I found for the first year after my auntie Annie died (we were very close) I just felt numb. It was devastating of course, but I suppose it felt as though I just hadn't seen her for a while so didn't really hit me. When the 1st anniversary came along though and I went to the crematorium, it felt like I'd been shot in the chest. Hit me out of nowhere. Was 8 years ago now, and although the pain never really goes away - (I still cry when Dolly Parton's "I will always love you" comes on - it was the song that was played at her funeral) it's not so often now, and I find I can talk about her without getting upset (most of the time). What I'm trying to say is it will get better. It would be totally dumb of me to say that it's going to feel fine any time soon, because it won't and it probably won't for a very long time - but as time goes on it gets a little easier in some ways. I think you're so brave & strong, I really do. I've no idea how I'd be if it was my dad (or my mum). Losing a parent must be one of the hardest things I think anyone has to deal with.

Try not to worry about the row with Mike. It sounds very much like emotions were heightened massively anyway what with your dad, then sorting out his 30th birthday will have been stressful too. I've rarely "enjoyed" the things I've planned or held at my home, because I'm the one running around making sure everyone else is ok. I'm positive everyone had a lovely time though, and I'm sure Mike did too. :) Wish him a happy birthday from me! Seems to be a lot of the big 3-0's about on here, it's John's in July as well. :)

How's Rebecca now hun?? It's tough when they have a bad day, especially after a few good ones. I find with babies you feel like you take 1 step forwards, and 10 back sometimes!! Her weight is fab though and those classes sound great :) I really must take advantage of the ones we have locally here. :) That's reminded me to have a look and see what's about. Centre Parcs sounds fab! When are you going? :)

Ahhh good luck for the jabs!! Amelia has her 2nd lot Friday :( xxx

Anyway, big big big hugs hun, I hope you're ok <3 xxxxxx

PS: Good luck with SW, Food is looking great :) You can do it xxx

Hey Kim

Hope you and your lovely little lady are doing ok. How's SW going?xx

Hi girls sorry been really bad at keeping up to date my friend doesn't really give me much time at the moment.

We've both be hit by a cold this week, me worse than Rebecca thankfully so I'm hoping that my body is giving her the antibodies she needs to keep fighting. I On the other hand feel like poo! But I feel better today than I did yesterday so hopefully on the mend. I have turned in to a paranoid mother with rebecca being poorly im so worried she will have meningitis again last night I was examining her for a rash and constantly checking how hot she was. I have to say that's the one thing that scares me most is her getting ill. However she seems ok a bit snuffly but nothing too major and no temperature.

SW Is going ok ive been trying to keep an*Snip*food diary as it's easier to snap a photo than write it all down. Sometimes I completely forget the photo if im grabbing something in between everything else. My first week I lost 4lbs. Although with this cold ive not been great but better than I was before so that's something. *Snip*

Rebecca has her 3rd set of jabs next Tuesday and we also start our baby sensory classes on the same day I hope she's ok after the jabs.

My little fatty weighs 11lb 4ozs she put on 1lb in 2 weeks! To be fair she was feeding from me 1-2hrly! So I increased her to 2 bottles of either expressed or formula just to give me a break and it seems to be enough to keep her satisfied and feeding 3hrly again which is fine by me!

I can't believe my little lady is 4 months old on Monday! Where have those months gone?!

Hope you ladies are all doing well xx

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you feeling now my lovely? Hope you are all ok xxx

Hope you're ok Kim x Come and let us know how you're doing soon sweetie :), and of course the gorgeous Rebecca x

Hope you're doing ok lovely xx

Hi girls, how are you all?!

So sorry I haven't been online for a while I don't know where my days go at the moment! We've had a busy time and have been out as much as possible enjoying the sunshine while it is here!

Rebecca had a check up with the consultant who was looking after her care in neonatal, he was very happy with her progress but will continue to review her 6 monthly until she's about 18months/2 years old just to be sure the meningitis hasn't caused any problems developmentally. The mri she had a couple of months ago showed what he expected to see but didn't show anything he was worried about so that was a big relief for me I think I was more worried about it than I let myself believe so im very relieved all looks ok. He said he would repeat the mri if we have any concerns later on so that's good.

Rebecca is smiling, laughing, holding her head up, babbling away non-stop, rolling from front to back but can't quite figure out what to do with her arms to roll from her back to her front.... She get her arms stuck under her then ends up rolling back on her back. Shes doing everything she should be so I'm happy. :D

We went to center parcs this weekend and she went swimming for the first time and loved it! A real water baby!

I rejoined slimming world last night as I couldn't do it without the fear of being weighed. I'm ashamed to say I weigh almost what I did when I was 8 months pregnant :mad::eek::mad::eek: but it's time to get it off.... Not just for me but for Rebecca too!

We are still breastfeeding although she has 2 bottles a day (either expressed milk or formula) as otherwise I swear the child would feed 1-2hrly! The bottles give me a 3hr gap normally so I can cope better with the frequent feeds the rest of the day. We haven't introduced food yet I need to speak to the health visitor as I think she's ready and hopeful it might stop the constant feeding!

I hope you girls are all fine I'll catch up with diaries when Rebecca allows it... Going to take me a while! Lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi girls, how are you all?!

So sorry I haven't been online for a while I don't know where my days go at the moment! We've had a busy time and have been out as much as possible enjoying the sunshine while it is here!

Rebecca had a check up with the consultant who was looking after her care in neonatal, he was very happy with her progress but will continue to review her 6 monthly until she's about 18months/2 years old just to be sure the meningitis hasn't caused any problems developmentally. The mri she had a couple of months ago showed what he expected to see but didn't show anything he was worried about so that was a big relief for me I think I was more worried about it than I let myself believe so im very relieved all looks ok. He said he would repeat the mri if we have any concerns later on so that's good.

Rebecca is smiling, laughing, holding her head up, babbling away non-stop, rolling from front to back but can't quite figure out what to do with her arms to roll from her back to her front.... She get her arms stuck under her then ends up rolling back on her back. Shes doing everything she should be so I'm happy. :D

We went to center parcs this weekend and she went swimming for the first time and loved it! A real water baby!

I rejoined slimming world last night as I couldn't do it without the fear of being weighed. I'm ashamed to say I weigh almost what I did when I was 8 months pregnant :mad::eek::mad::eek: but it's time to get it off.... Not just for me but for Rebecca too!

We are still breastfeeding although she has 2 bottles a day (either expressed milk or formula) as otherwise I swear the child would feed 1-2hrly! The bottles give me a 3hr gap normally so I can cope better with the frequent feeds the rest of the day. We haven't introduced food yet I need to speak to the health visitor as I think she's ready and hopeful it might stop the constant feeding!

I hope you girls are all fine I'll catch up with diaries when Rebecca allows it... Going to take me a while! Lol xxx

Great to see this update. So pleased she's doing do well. Poor little woman had a tough start but is clearly tough as her mammy n fought it.
Sounds like ur doing a fab job hun

Well done for joining back sw. Really makes a diff having to get up in front of someone else for wi xx

Great to see this update. So pleased she's doing do well. Poor little woman had a tough start but is clearly tough as her mammy n fought it.
Sounds like ur doing a fab job hun

Well done for joining back sw. Really makes a diff having to get up in front of someone else for wi xx

Yes she certainly had a tough start but she is a tough cookie and has got through it with hopefully no long term effects.

Thanks... Yes I decided I definitely need the fear of someone else weighing me. Fingers crossed it works and I get some of the weight off quickly! Whoever said bf makes you lose weight was WRONG it made me so damn hungry and I ate so much chocolate. I think our 4 weeks in neonatal didn't help as I survived off of sweets and biscuits to give me energy and I guess I never really got out of that habit. That's all in the past... Just got to move on now! :) Hope you're well xxx

Hey lovely, glad to see your update :)
Well done Rebecca, you clever little lady. Like Frances said, she had a rough start but she's definitely a little toughie. Maybe Rebecca and Cole should have a chat, he goes back to front all the time but can't figure out how to get back onto his back just yet.
Rejoining SW is a good idea. I'm starting WW meetings tomorrow as I'm losing it online a bit :( xxx

Glad to hear everything is going well :)
Well done on carrying on with BF too x
Good luck with restarting SW, sure you will do great!

Hey lovely, glad to see your update :)
Well done Rebecca, you clever little lady. Like Frances said, she had a rough start but she's definitely a little toughie. Maybe Rebecca and Cole should have a chat, he goes back to front all the time but can't figure out how to get back onto his back just yet.
Rejoining SW is a good idea. I'm starting WW meetings tomorrow as I'm losing it online a bit :( xxx

Haha they should trade tactics on rolling.... the funny thing is Rebecca uses the weight of her head to propell herself back on to her back makes me laugh every time!
Yes I tried doing it myself but I just ended up cheating so I'm hoping that rejoining will keep me on track! So far day 1 was 100%. I'm going out today so that will be a test as normally that's where I fall down... But I'm going to go prepared with a couple of bits of fruit and then I don't have any excuses!

Good luck with WW you were doing so well so I'm sure you'll get back in the groove so to speak :)

Xx

Glad to hear everything is going well :)
Well done on carrying on with BF too x
Good luck with restarting SW, sure you will do great!

Thanks hun :) Hope all is well with you? Xx

Day 1 of SW was 100% I won't lie I was tempted to eat crap.... Mike was away last night and I got home late from my mum's and for a moment the "no one will know" thought crept in to my head but I ignored it and took my little lady to bed for a snuggle and watched a film while she fed. Since I've been on maternity leave I've become a real secret eater.... eating crap before Mike gets home etc which I have to stop as it's not a good thing to get in to!

I didn't have enough healthy extras for bf but I did have 2 a's and I guess calcium is the main thing. Not sure I'm ever going to manage to eat 6 healthy extras a day plus 15 syns! But I guess they are there for days when she's really hungry and therefore makes me really hungry!

We are off to the farm today with my friends and their 2 boys so I'm looking forward to that... knowing Rebecca she will probably sleep the whole time! Lol.
I'm going to try and figure out how her carry cot turns in to a pushchair as she's too big for her carry cot now... my baby girl is getting so big! :( makes me broody for another newborn already lol!

Can I ask a personal question to you ladies with babies..... Do you and your OH have sex very often? Mike and I haven't in ages (he wants it but I'm struggling to get the motivation). Rebecca is still in our room, bf loads, waking me 2 times a night for a feed, doesn't go down to sleep until 9/10ish.... Sometimes 11 on a playful night. I just don't know how I can fit it in lol.

Xxx

I'm the same with the secret eating. And the nobody will know thing. And I always tell myself I've ruined it for that day so might as well carry on for the rest of the day then restart the next day. I need CCTV cameras in my house and get someone to watch me so I can't cheat ;)

The sex thing, we probably do it about once a week. Cole is in his own room now so we've been able to do it more spontaneously, not waiting to put him to bed then doing it downstairs ;) but most days I go to bed earlier than Tom as I'm so tired. Managed it last night, I demanded birthday sex. Haha. But until he went in his own room and started going to bed at 7-7.30pm no, we didn't do it very much at all x

I'm the same with the secret eating. And the nobody will know thing. And I always tell myself I've ruined it for that day so might as well carry on for the rest of the day then restart the next day. I need CCTV cameras in my house and get someone to watch me so I can't cheat ;)

The sex thing, we probably do it about once a week. Cole is in his own room now so we've been able to do it more spontaneously, not waiting to put him to bed then doing it downstairs ;) but most days I go to bed earlier than Tom as I'm so tired. Managed it last night, I demanded birthday sex. Haha. But until he went in his own room and started going to bed at 7-7.30pm no, we didn't do it very much at all x

Hmm poor Mike is all I have to say we haven't done anything in weeks! :rolleyes: maybe once Rebecca is in her own room we might have a better chance of getting our sex life back... Although im no where near ready for her to go in her own room... especially not with a wake up at 2/3 and 5/6am! Sod sex I value all the sleep I can get!

saying that Rebecca had her evening bottle at about 6.30 and fell asleep in her chair while we ate dinner. I moved her to her crib and she's still there so hopefully she's putting herself in to a routine! *fingers crossed*

I'm glad im not the only secret eater! :eek: I just need to be strict with myself although im making my nephew a birthday cake and may have just licked the spoon of cake mix once I had put the cakes in the oven :eek: luckily I have some syns left so I'm sure it will be fine! I really do need cctv! Maybe I need to appear on that secret eater's program on tv! Lol.

Well done for shushing the devil on ur shoulder..

Re sex... We have mixed weeks... Some weeks 3 r 4 times... N other weeks maybe once r twice...
But I think the not breast feeding thing is a massive thing...

Wow! 3 or 4 times a week?! Where do you find time?! Lol. I think bf has a huge impact on our sex life as I certainly don't want Mike going anywhere near them lol.

Hmm poor Mike is all I have to say we haven't done anything in weeks! :rolleyes: maybe once Rebecca is in her own room we might have a better chance of getting our sex life back... Although im no where near ready for her to go in her own room... especially not with a wake up at 2/3 and 5/6am! Sod sex I value all the sleep I can get! saying that Rebecca had her evening bottle at about 6.30 and fell asleep in her chair while we ate dinner. I moved her to her crib and she's still there so hopefully she's putting herself in to a routine! *fingers crossed* I'm glad im not the only secret eater! :eek: I just need to be strict with myself although im making my nephew a birthday cake and may have just licked the spoon of cake mix once I had put the cakes in the oven :eek: luckily I have some syns left so I'm sure it will be fine! I really do need cctv! Maybe I need to appear on that secret eater's program on tv! Lol. Wow! 3 or 4 times a week?! Where do you find time?! Lol. I think bf has a huge impact on our sex life as I certainly don't want Mike going anywhere near them lol. Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

We didn't put Cole in his room until he started sleeping through, which coincided with him starting to have three meals a day and putting himself in a routine. The original plan was to put him in next week as he's 6 months on Monday but once he started going through we were disturbing him, plus Tom had two weeks off at the start of June so it seemed an ideal time. Wasn't easy and I still wake up to check the monitor and make sure he's breathing but I'm doing it less and less.

I love Secret Eaters. They make me laugh though when they say the hardly eat, they must know?! I'm a Secret Eater but I don't lie to myself and say I don't eat a lot, I know I do!!x

Back