Kim's diary of being a new mum

Hi girls,

Well we are all good here, have a bit of a grump on my hands today. Yesterday she didn't sleep for more than 30mins all day (3x 10 min cat naps) she woke at 2.30am for a feed but went in to complete meltdown after 40 mins of me trying to get her back to sleep.... She didn't want to feed, didn't want to be in my arms in bed she was kicking, hitting and scratching me (the girl has a temper!) In the end poor Mike had to get up and help me and the monkey laid in his arms happily all while kicking me in the stomach and eventually fell asleep.
Today hasn't been much better sleep wise for her.. maybe slightly longer but she's a grumpy grump! Fingers crossed I don't have a repeat of last night tonight! I wonder if her teeth are hurting her or something. Shes been dribbling loads and fingers/toys always in her mouth.

We've been giving her a few spoonfuls of baby rice and we tried reduced sugar rusks which she preferred over the baby rice. Shes certainly enjoying it so can't wait to give her more foods. Trying to get her a bit closer to 6 months before we introduce much more as I'd like to do a bit of baby led weaning but I'm not sure I'm brave enough (terrified of her choking even though I know they tend to gag rather than choke) to do it fully so will probably do a mixture of blw and puréed food!

On SW front my first week I lost 6.5lbs and last week I lost 1.5lbs so got my half stone award :D . This week I'm aiming for 3lb loss so being strict and writing everything down. *Fingers crossed* I'd like to get to a stone by the end of July if I could!

Hope you girls are all well!

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on the loss!

We started on baby porridge 2 days ago and he's loving it. On holiday this week so will be porridge then try baby rice or puréed veg when we're home.

Getting kicked in bed sounds familiar lol

Thomas has no sign of teeth but dribbles like crazy and everything goes right in his mouth, loves to chew on anything and everything. X

Wow Kim. Fab losses. Well done

É is going mad with her teeth. No sign of any actual teeth but her gums are killin her :(
Thanks hun. Yeah I'm pretty sure that it's Rebecca's teeth too she's dribbling gallons and her cry today is a 'it hurts' cry :( poor baby.

Let's hope her and È get those teeth through sooner rather than later!

Well done on the loss!

We started on baby porridge 2 days ago and he's loving it. On holiday this week so will be porridge then try baby rice or puréed veg when we're home.

Getting kicked in bed sounds familiar lol

Thomas has no sign of teeth but dribbles like crazy and everything goes right in his mouth, loves to chew on anything and everything. X

Thanks hun :)

Aww yay glad he's enjoying the porridge. I have to say Rebecca hates baby rice but to be fair it is pretty vile to taste so I think I'm going to save it and mix veg/fruit purées in to it.

Haha glad I'm not the only one who now gets kicked on the outside rather than from the inside!

Bless them it must be very painful teething :( just want to take it all away. Rebecca gets really frustrated with putting toys/teethers in her mouth.... She much prefers her fingers and seeing if she can get her whole fist in her mouth :rolleyes: lol.

Well today I cooked sw pulled pork.... it was delicious! I made a stupid mistake and thought we had wholemeal rolls in the freezer didn't check and when I got them out they were white so 7.5 syns just for a roll... But it was worth it and I haven't had any syns today.

We also tried Rebecca in a sitting bath seat tonight which she enjoyed much more than her laying down one. Shes growing up!

Also just because we can we took a selfie :p Is it just me but my phone seems to do crazy things with the photo when you use the front camera.... it flips it and I always look demented so had to go for a kissing selfie lol but to be fair I do spend a huge portion of my day kissing Rebecca! :eek: Oh and yes I realise Rebecca looks scared... She always looks like this when I take a photo on my phone off us lol.

We tried the baby who seems to have gone on crib strike in her big cot for her daytime nap.... She slept for 10mins in there before waking up. Seriously this girl would like to be glued to me if she could! :rolleyes: luckily I have just bought a new baby carrier that's more structured than the wrap I had so I can carry her when she's like this! Here's a picture of my girl looking very teeny in her big bed. For now she's staying in her crib..... or more appropriately our bed or arms lol.

Hope you girls are all good! Xx

Aw look how chilled out she is in her bath seat!! She's so cute, bless her.
That pulled pork looks amazing too!! Sometimes the white bread is worth the syns ;)
We tried Cole in his cot a couple of months back but then had to go back to the crib for a while. When we started using the cot again he was fine in it and has been ever since xx

Aw look how chilled out she is in her bath seat!! She's so cute, bless her.
That pulled pork looks amazing too!! Sometimes the white bread is worth the syns ;)
We tried Cole in his cot a couple of months back but then had to go back to the crib for a while. When we started using the cot again he was fine in it and has been ever since xx

Haha yes she was sitting in her Bath seat like lady muck lol.

The pulled pork was pretty good....a bit of a faff trying to remove all the fat before cooking but well worth it! I agree about the bread...first white bread ive had in ages!

Ah im glad there is hope that we might get her in to her cot at some point. Shes really regressed with sleeping.... She was good going down then just waking for feeds and straight back to sleep but now she's up and refusing to go in her crib after her 2/3am feed! Im hoping it's just a phase that will pass...quickly I hope! Xx

Hope your doing ok x

Hope you and Rebecca are doing ok xxx

Sorry I haven't been on much..... my little monkey isnt giving me much free time lately.

We are all good thanks :)
Starting to wean which isn't going too well the child gags at everything to the point she's sick! So we are not really getting anywhere. I wanted to try baby led weaning but she won't pick things up and put them in her mouth and when she does she gags almost before the food touches her lips. I've decided she's just a monkeymoo and giving me the run around! We've tried few purées but most make her gag so if anyone had any idea on what we can try please shout :)

Rebecca weighed in at 14lb 15ozs last week. Shes just moved in to 3-6 month clothes at 6 months old! She seems big to me but everyone says how small she is! She's doing well though still mix feeding (2 formula bottles per day and the rest breastfeeding).

Shes being a monkey with sleep and ends up in bed with me most nights and the last few nights hasn't gone to bed until 11ish! So I really need to sort that out but not really sure where to start. I hope once she's eating more she will be more inclined to sleep!

Hope you girls are all well xxx

Hee hee Éabha's only just in 3-6 month clothes too. And like you, to us she seems big. I love a chunky baby but am happy she's small/petite. Means we get to keep our lickle babies for longer :)

Sorry. Have no advice on feeding :(
Éabha is a little the same with lumpier food with the gagging but purees are fine

I always imagined I would have a chunky baby but I like her being petite and teeny.... my next one can be a chunky monkey ;)

I think it's the taste or texture that makes her gag but not sure. I'm just going to keep trying and I'm sure she'll get the hang of it! Xx

I always imagined I would have a chunky baby but I like her being petite and teeny.... my next one can be a chunky monkey ;)

I think it's the taste or texture that makes her gag but not sure. I'm just going to keep trying and I'm sure she'll get the hang of it! Xx

I know same here. None of the babies in my family have been petite so just assumed... Am not exactly petite at all myself!!!

Apparently it takes 10 spoons before they know if they like r dislike a flavour...
I think ur right. Just keep trying... See how u go

We're the same, Thomas only eats baby cereal, had had 4 different kinds he likes but won't take any purées or pouches or Greek yogurt lol

Evening Kim :)

Just catching up with everyone as I haven't really been on here in a while! I hope you are ok? And the gorgeous Rebecca? :)

keep in touch lovely xxx

Ok let's try that update post again!

Hey girls, sorry I've been mia for so long. I don't know where the time goes!

Rebecca and I are doing well. She had a nasty tummy bug a few weeks ago which took a good couple of weeks to completely recover. She got so skinny looking (she's not a big chubby thing normally so it really showed that she didn't eat/keep much down for over a week!) We ended up going to a&e with her as I got completely freaked out when she started vomiting bright (and it was illuminous) Green sick and she went really floppy and unresponsive. We changed her nappy and she just laid there eyes rolling and she didn't engage with us at all! Scary! Luckily they were happy with her and said it was probably exhaustion from vomiting and not eating/drinking much.

Apart from that she's been fine, I thought she had another bug this Monday when she kindly threw her entire bottle up id just given her. But thankfully it wasn't and she's fine. So unsure what that was but she's been snuffly due to teething so I'm wondering if she choked on it and just couldn't stop it coming back up. She did look shocked that it happened lol.

Shes got 2 little teeth at the bottom and is cutting 4... Yes 4!!! At the top all at once and possibly one more at the bottom but she won't let me see it very well as she sticks her tongue in the way.

Shes not crawling yet although tries to move just can't quite figure out how to keep her arms and legs up at the same time so she ends up face planting the floor lol ;)

Sleeping is awful at the moment... Well actually it's always been bad but it's particularly bad at the moment. Like she's awake once every hour until I cant take it anymore and bring her in to bed with me, this is normally around 2/3am. Mike doesn't hear her ( he could sleep through an apocalypse!) So its always me getting up. I dont think I've had a decent nights sleep in over a year! At the moment if I can get 2 hr s without a wake up im doing well! Anyone want to swap with a baby who sleeps? ;) ;)

Rebecca had her follow up hearing test (due to the meningitis and also the antibiotics they used has hearing loss as a possible side affect) they were happy with her however they do want to see her again in March as she lost interest and they couldn't complete the test to rule out one sided hearing loss.

I've only got a few weeks left of maternity leave ( boo! ) I'm officially back on 1 December but taking annual leave so will be back in the office on 5 Jan. I'm lucky that Rebecca will be looked after by Mike's parents on a Monday and my mum tues-friday. It's going to be tough going back full time but makes most sense at the moment. All I say is roll on when Mike agrees to trying for baby 2 so I can have more maternity leave and then go part time! I'm dreading missing the big milestones with Rebecca but she will benefit in the long run from us having more money.

Hope you girls are all well and bubbas too! I will make sure I come on more often to update as I miss you girls! Xxx

Hey Kim

Nice to see you back :) Poor Rebecca, sounds like she's really been through it, bless her. It must have been terrifying for you and Mike to see her like that. Cole had a sickness bug (luckily a 24hr one) and I sat and cried with him because he looked so scared when he was being sick. You're such a strong Mummy, Rebecca is a lucky girl.

You start back at work the day before me. I've done the same as you, annual leave from 1st Dec then back on Tuesday 6th. Dreading it but need the money. And I'm lucky that I'm only doing Sunday evening then mon-wed 10-7.

Hope to see you on here more if you find time, we miss you too!!xx

Hey Kim

Nice to see you back :) Poor Rebecca, sounds like she's really been through it, bless her. It must have been terrifying for you and Mike to see her like that. Cole had a sickness bug (luckily a 24hr one) and I sat and cried with him because he looked so scared when he was being sick. You're such a strong Mummy, Rebecca is a lucky girl.

You start back at work the day before me. I've done the same as you, annual leave from 1st Dec then back on Tuesday 6th. Dreading it but need the money. And I'm lucky that I'm only doing Sunday evening then mon-wed 10-7.

Hope to see you on here more if you find time, we miss you too!!xx

Aww Thanks hun I promise to try and get back on here more:)

Oh the sickness bug was horrible I hate people being sick anyways (complete phobia about it) but I felt awful for poor Rebecca when she was being sick she had no idea what was happening :( I'm glad Cole's was only 24hrs!

Awww I can't believe its time to go back to work already. Feels like only yesterday we were counting down to starting our maternity leave!

Hope you and little Cole are doing well xxx

Poor Rebecca. Reading about her sleep sounds just like oliver. I wish I had some advice. He was poorly and then sleep got even worse- at least 3/4 get ups a night. Sleep deprivation is awful so you have my up most respect xx

Oh its awful penny, I think I'm more sleep deprived now than I ever have been and I just don't know how to get her to stay asleep during the night. Her cot is still in our room so I think we are going to move her in to her bedroom and see if that helps. I hope Oliver starts sleeping better for you too! Xx

Back