Kim's diary of being a new mum

Two weeks!? :( have you got plenty to do? We don't go out every day but think if I couldn't it would drive me mad. Hope it's cleared up soon xx

Two weeks!? :( have you got plenty to do? We don't go out every day but think if I couldn't it would drive me mad. Hope it's cleared up soon xx

The leaflet the drs gave me said they aren't contagious after 5 days of spots coming out but spots may still be evident. They are only contagious to children so can still see adults so your mum for example? It's a killer I know. :( x

Thomas' spots still looked really bad which is why I kept him in, I was really bored though!

Ah well hopefully I can get to my mum's for a change of scene. She looks after my littlest niece during the week so maybe once we've got through another couple of days she won't be contagious. Or I'll just go stir crazy and you girls will have to put up with me ;) xx

Oh dear my sister just text me and my niece (we were together Thursday) now has hand foot and mouth :(

oh no! just catching up!! How is Rebecca feeling? Sorry to hear about your sisters little one too :( xxx

Hi guys, well Rebecca is better now (still the remainder of a cold and still a few visible marks of the hf&m on her hands and feet remaining) she's back to her normal crazy self!

She's decided that she wants to stand ALL the time... She managed to pull herself to standing in her cot yesterday and was very pleased with herself. She can stand and balance for a few seconds, especially if she's concentrating on things. Still no crawling, she gets so close but gives up too easily lol. I wonder if she's just going to go straight to walking and miss crawling. I desperately want her to crawl before 19th when we have her next check up with the hospital consultant as I know that he will be expecting her to be crawling, so knowing rebecca she will probably crawl on the 20th! Lol.

Today is officially my first day back in the payroll at work, so I'm now on annual leave until 5 Jan! Very mixed feeling about going back to work, I know I'm lucky that she's going to be looked after by grandparents but the thought of being away from her every day is very sad :( need to get Mike to say yes to number 2 soon I think ;) haha. Xx

Last edited:
Glad she's getting better :)
Thomas is the same with standing but also means he's having a lot of bumps just now :-(

At least when you're at work you'll know she's in good hands xx

Glad Rebecca is feeling better. These babies never do what we want, although I wanted Cole to walk by his first birthday and he wasn't 11 months when he took his first step so fingers crossed she crawls soon. It happens all of a sudden too. They'll do things to suit them, our feelings don't matter now, we only gave them life ;) haha.
Sucks to be back on payroll and not on maternity leave anymore, doesn't it? I wanted to cry when I got up knowing my maternity leave is over. But then I think 14 months off work is way more than most people have so I need to be thankful for that. Let's just hope this last month doesn't go too quick for both of us xx

Ok girls im being very irrational here and I need to tell someone. Basically I thought af was arriving early today but it has stopped this evening (at least a week and a bit early by my calculations) so I didn't think anything to it, now I'm sitting in the bath (Haha yep you all wanted to know that!) freaking out that it could be implantation bleeding (I don't even think I could be pregnant, what with a baby who doesn't sleep and is normally in our bed and we've been careful every time we have dtd) so please reassure me that spotting mid cycle is perfectly normal! I can't mention it to Mike as he would probably have a heart attack lol.

Just had to get that off my chest! Lol xx

Ok girls im being very irrational here and I need to tell someone. Basically I thought af was arriving early today but it has stopped this evening (at least a week and a bit early by my calculations) so I didn't think anything to it, now I'm sitting in the bath (Haha yep you all wanted to know that!) freaking out that it could be implantation bleeding (I don't even think I could be pregnant, what with a baby who doesn't sleep and is normally in our bed and we've been careful every time we have dtd) so please reassure me that spotting mid cycle is perfectly normal! I can't mention it to Mike as he would probably have a heart attack lol. Just had to get that off my chest! Lol xx

I have no cycle as such so I often have random spotting or nothing at all. To me spotting is perfectly normal. I thought I was pregnant in the summer, I also freaked out!! Im sure it's probably all just because it's still not a year since you gave birth to Rebecca, pregnancy and childbirth doesn't half mess with our bodies!! I've had more periods this year than in the past 5 years. Xx

I have no cycle as such so I often have random spotting or nothing at all. To me spotting is perfectly normal. I thought I was pregnant in the summer, I also freaked out!! Im sure it's probably all just because it's still not a year since you gave birth to Rebecca, pregnancy and childbirth doesn't half mess with our bodies!! I've had more periods this year than in the past 5 years. Xx

Ah I've never spotted during a cycle hence the over thinking it. Im sure it's just my body being crazy as when I was bf I went through a phase of having full on really heavy periods that lasted 8-9 days every 2 weeks! Since I stopped feeding I'd had 2 cycles bang on dates so assumed I was back to normal but I think my body is just keeping me on my toes! I need to lose about 3 stone before I consider baby 2 that's what freaking me out most lol.

Well a tiny bit more spotting today im not freaking out today there is no way im pregnant so im sure my body is waiting for tomorrow (slimming world weigh day!) To give me full on af as I wanted to get my 1.5 stone award and with af that will never happen! Lol.

My first few cycles were normal. 28 day cycles. Yay. Back to clockwork AF..... WRONG... They are do messed up now. Never on time. Last month they were a week late!! The norm had become 2 r 3 days late!! They're so messed up now
I wouldn't worry hun xxx

How are you feeling now, has the spotting stopped? X

Well spotted a tiny bit yesterday (Brown so old blood I guess tmi sorry) and nothing today. Just got to see what the rest of the month holds. If I don't get af I'll take a pregnancy test just to make sure but I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant we've been very careful when we have dtd so there isn't really a chance so I'm sure is just my body messing around!

I've come down with Rebecca's cold, well more of a sore throat for me. So feeling pretty pants.
Was trying to get our Christmas card photo of Rebecca today im hoping she'll have a nap after her lunch and I can edit them and show you :)

Rebecca is STILL not crawling lol. She really tries but won't stay on her front long enough and rolls on her back. I don't think she will ever crawl lol. Lazy moo.

Just catching up!

Yeah do a test hun just to rule it out x When is AF due? How would you feel if you were? x I suppose they say it's always "possible" when you dtd, despite being careful etc. Fingers crossed you get the result you are wanting xx

Sorry to hear about the colds etc. There's sooo much going about. It's been illness after illness in my house! I have a sore throat again today?! Wtf! I'm still suffering with this other cold - it's been 2 weeks now!

Hope you and Rebecca feel better soon <3 xx

Back