kind of gutted

shrinking-sarah

Had my weigh in and only lost 1/2 lb.

I did a 100% week, I didn't bust my syns, I even measured out my drinks and stopped at 12syns on Friday night( 3 port and lemonades)!!!!

I just feel gutted that it didn't work. I was careful with my b choices, weighing my wholemeal roll and I ate fruit until it was coming out of my ears.

I don't know what to do to speed this up

I wouldn't worry too much. I very rarely do a 100% week but I remember once I did one and had a 1.5lb GAIN - the following week I had a bigger than usual loss :)

Had my weigh in and only lost 1/2 lb.

I did a 100% week, I didn't bust my syns, I even measured out my drinks and stopped at 12syns on Friday night( 3 port and lemonades)!!!!

I just feel gutted that it didn't work. I was careful with my b choices, weighing my wholemeal roll and I ate fruit until it was coming out of my ears.

I don't know what to do to speed this up

Oh it can be any number of things, our bodies are funny things at times!

I think it's important to reflect on what a good week you had, how in control you felt, how less bloated and more healthy you felt and embrace that as being something positive in its own right!!

If you follow the plan, the weight loss will follow. We just sometimes have weird weeks where our bodies are playing mind games with us!

Do you have a food diary on here? If so, I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to take a look to make some constructive suggestions on ways to potentially speed up weight loss! If not, maybe it's worth thinking about starting one up.

Personally, food aside, I think green tea and lots of water is a lifesaver!

Sometimes that's just the way it goes unfortunately. Have another 100% week this week and I'm sure you'll see a fantastic loss next week - sometimes I find it can take a week or so to catch up.

Also, on another note. "I ate fruit until it was coming out of my ears" - fruit is high in natural sugars and (I'm not saying it is, but..) this might have something to do with it, depending on how much you actually ate. Maybe try again this week but swap some of your fruit snacks for veggies? Carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, celery, etc. Just an idea...

but it did work!! you lost weight maybe it was only 1/2lb but it wasnt a gain or STS which shows this is working for you! and as the other ladies say keep it up I'm sure you'll see a bigger loss next week :)

It is a loss. Unfortunately am on the app so I can't see if you have anything on your signature to say how your losses have been but as everyone has said a loss is a loss. When things slowed a little for me I had to make some changes so if you have recorded your intake see if there's anything you could change this week to move things along. If you are eating similar sorts of things try a few new recipes this week with different veggies for your 1/3 superfree. Also if you get your yellow book out, check to see what is super speed and have a few more of those this week. I need to get my book out every now and again cos I forget which ones are best. Your weight is still going down and it does all catch up in the end if you are doing 100% so keep it up and the scales will catch up with you. See it as a chance to make changes NOT sabotage. Good luck for this week.

I founf last time I did SW that on my good weeks I didn't lose much but then I did the following week. This goes for bad weeks too eg. I would have a bad week and either STS or lose and if I did not start on plan again that day it hit me the following week.

Having said that 1/2lb is still brilliant. Your going in the right direction and if it had been 1/2lb on you would be 1lb heavier now ;)

Hi there, all I can say is that it was a loss! Ok I can understand your disappointment, but I too had many a week 100% on plan and only a little half pound. I too felt let down by the plan, but a little drip by drip fills that target bucket! And you will probably have a good loss next week. Our bodies often play catch up the following week! Hope this helps :)

thanks for the encouragement.

I've made a snack box up with carrot, celery, cucumber and pepper strips to give me an alternative to fruit when the munchies hit.

I've also upped my SS foods, each morning I'm having melon (ss) pineapple, apple, strawberries (ss) and fresh blackcurrants(SS) topped with a muller light as I like to save my B choice for later in the day.

Again I've planned my meals for the week so I stay in control and I've put 2 new recipes in to try. Today I made shish kebabs and on Saturday I'm going to try the diet coke chicken everyone raves about. So far my loses have been cack but I wasn't following it very well, my head wasn't quite there iykwim so I was looking at last week as the first week I was back on plan properly and I did expect at least 2lb but like everyone else has said it was a loss. It is going the right way. I will get there eventually it's just going to take a while.

You've definitely got your head sorted. Diet coke chicken is great (have yet to try diet fanta chicken) as is the peanut curry and mushy pea curry. Also if you like spicy madame la minx's salt a pepper chicken (and chips) are fab too. Here's to a fab week :)

I do like spicy food so will have to go and look for the salt and pepper chicken recipe.

Mushy Pea curry is planned for Tuesday as that's weigh in day so I need something I can whack in the slowcooker as after weigh in I've started going to an Aqua Zumba class so don't get my tea until gone half 9!

Back