Discussion in 'Lipotrim - Off Topic' started by tigger22, 24 November 2011.

1. tigger22

tigger22 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies & gents , since starting on lipotrim , I am reading books like no ones business ,and my sons wanted to buy me a kindle, do any of yeah fellow lipotrimmers have one or no if they are any good ,thanks everyone
    Tigger x
  2. pamdev

pamdev Well-Known Member

Hi. I have one and I love it. It goes everywhere I go. And some of the free books you can download are fantastic.
  3. tigger22

Thanks pamdev, are the books dearer to download then buy them in the book shops ,I'm a big reader so I probably would get use out of it ,love reading thanks x
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Ditto, had one for almost a year now and love it, wouldn't be without it x
  5. tigger22

Thanks eclipse I think yeah have me convinced ha
  6. violetfire

violetfire shrinking violet

I'm getting one of the new Kindles tomorrow and I can't wait!!! I am obsessed with books and reading and always have at least one book in my bag so this is a dream for me! :D
  7. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

I love mine. Have got about 500 books on it at the moment, and it goes everywhere with me. Couldnt go back to reading 'real' books now
  8. violetfire

violetfire shrinking violet

Actually I think I will go get my kindle today :)
  9. Starlight

10. Katie85

Katie85 Well-Known Member

I think i must be one of few who doesn't like the Kindle lol .. it's a great device no doubt but i love the feel and smell of a book. I think reading a screen would hurt my eyes too as with looking at the computer screen at work all day does so don't want to add to it.
  11. *lesley*

*lesley* Well-Known Member

I was not a big fan at all until i got one and wouldn't go back now! I have a Sony one and also got a waterproof case so i can safely read it in the bath! Have a look on the Proporta website if anyone else likes reading in the bath :)
    Also, just in case anyone didn't know, you can download a thing called Calibre on which you can convert books made for the Kindle to ones that you can read on the Sony and others.
    Also, our library offers free e-books to download and you get them for 21 days so it's worth checking if your library can do the same x
  12. leahcnnr

leahcnnr Well-Known Member

I love mine, the screen looks just like a book the screen doesn't glare like a computer and it's so handy.
  13. donnac76

donnac76 Well-Known Member

I've had one since June and wouldn't be without it now.wasn't sure I'd like it as like someone else said I like the feel and smell of a real book lol
    Can honestly say the kindle is great though and the pages still look like a real book.Most are really cheap to buy,think most I've paid is about £5 for a new release.
  14. Starlight

My kindle died on me the other day. Phoned Amazon at 4am on Wed. Replacement arrived free of charge at 0830 on Thurs
  15. tigger22

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I will get the kindle or Sony reader, like some of yeah girls I really enjoy reading , and my son has special needs , which can mean a lot of appointments , so I reckon they would be so handy as there light weight. The only downside is the fact that I do like the feel of a book in my hand and sometimes my sister who enjoys reading too, we would swap books , maybe I can get her to buy one too ha ha
  16. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

I love mine!!! Its amazing!!! x
  17. josiejojojo

josiejojojo Well-Known Member

Love my kindle and there are so many books that are free or really cheap. The really big plus is no-one can see what utter chick-lit crap you are reading - it could be War and Peace for all they know ;-)
  18. tigger22

Thanks deezer & Josiejojo,
  19. Starlight

Thats the selling point of a kindle though, its not like reading a screen, its not backlit etc and the ink and format is just like reading a real book, its just as easy on your eyes as reading a book or magazine it. Reading on a kindle is very different to even using the Kindle app
  20. TracyAnne

TracyAnne Well-Known Member

I think you guys have convinced me to get one now too!!!
    x x x