Kira's Diary (Re-start Day 5)

Day 21 (evening) completed day 20. Despite the euphoria of finding SS easy over the weekend, yesterday evening and this evening proves to me that the euphoria of SSing can diminish (especially at dangertime, which is evening for me). Again, this evening when coming back in from work (between 5.40 - 6pm) I found that I had to have shake shorlty after I started getting kids food sorted about. I found that having this shake then made me hungry/want more, so had to have porridge at 7pm.

Lesson learnt: identify dangertime and put in place a plan to combat and cravings and boost will power.

Wish the 'euphoria' would come back but until it does I will have to rely on determination and sheer will power to remain in control.
Weigh day tomorrow and I hope that will spur me on!

Day 22 (completed 21) a little disappointed (I know I shouldn't be any loss is better than a gain) as I have been 100% SSing. Hoping I will lose at least 2 and half or 3 pounds next week.

Had a soup about 6.15pm and feel ok and not hungry like I have been feeling for the past two days. Kids are fed and watered, they'll play for a bit then have to check what homework reading etc they have. Going to try and delay my third and final shake of the day as I can. I am finding I have to stop drinking water after 7 or I end up getting up in the middle of the night!

Feeling impatient and just want the days to go by quickly. However, I am feeling the 'loss'. My clothes are more comfortable and not cutting me in half. So hopefully I'll have another completed day to cross of my chart in red pen! That I have to admit is so satisfying! 21 crosses so far and if I complete today I will have 22 red crosses! I feel like a child getting gold stars but is doing the trick and helping me stick to CD, well so far anyway.

It's a good loss hon, and I bet next week will step up a bit. I had pretty small losses like this after week two, more of less right through, but they all mount up and still it was way better than anything I'd tried in the past... so keep crossing off those days!

Pretty soon those clothes that are already feeling looser will be dropping off you... and THAT's gonna be a great feeling.

You're doing fab, Kira!

xxx

Days 22, 23 and 24 completed! Days 22 and 23 found myself having two shakes close together after getting in from work. Today day 24 I have just had second shake as I was out visiting. Guess I should have another CD pack later. Feeling less tired think the antibiotics finally kicked in! checked my handwriten diary from last year on CD and by day 22 I had a couple of cheats, and was on and off SSing with the odd meal every week or so. I still lost weight but at a much slower rate and it took me four months but only got to 8st 7 and not my target of 8st. Hoping to try SS until CDC advises otherwise and hopefully closer to goal. Going to do it by the book this time around!

Day 25 (evening) almost complete! Going to watch StrictlyCD very soon. Had a good day overall. Had first bar today. I have decided to restrict myself to 3 bars a week as I am worried they may slow down my loss and really want to lose 14lbs on weigh day on Wed 30 Sep. Probably haven't drunk as much water as I should today so guess I will be sipping water as I watch strictly! Must dash it's on now!!

Day 26 had a good day stuck to SS and not long to go before it is completed. Strategies to keep distracted are definitely necessary in hepling me to to SS.

Feeling positive as 1 month/30 days on CD will be drawing to a close in a few days and will have lost hopefully near to 14 lbs. One month down, 1 stone lost is what I need to focus on until Wednesday weigh in.

Day 27 almost completed. Weighed 9st 13.6 this morning, yes, I am stilly weighing daily! I finds it helps me focus on completing another full SS day and this morning weight has spurred me on!

Compared to my first attempt at CD last year I finding I am somewhat more determined and also finding myself thinking about I will deal with maintenance once I finish SSing. I didn't do that last year. I was in a rush to simply lose the weight and lost focus of where I was going afterwards.

Looking forward to tomorrow so I can tick off hopefully another successful day.

yr losses are great well done. just hope i can stay as motivated as you! think i will have to live on Minimins!

Day 28 Completed! Weigh day tomorrow! Thanks Jim. Stick to the forum, without it I would never have got this far. Stick to the CD plans as you go through them! Dont' make the mistake I did and try and go it alone by not following through. You'll find that all maintainers (well ceratainly those whose posts I have read)on any vlcd plan be it CD, LL or Lipotrim followed the full plans.

Be very determined almost to the point of selfish and think of yourself, you are doing this for you! I am sure you'll do just fine.

Just catching up Kira after a few days offline... you are doing GREAT!

Strictly CD - lol!!!! I thought for a moment they'd made a prog of CD... now THAT would be funny!

xxx

Thanks Katy!! Day 29 Weigh day today and lost 3lb!! So 1 stone down, 2 more to go! I am a little worried I may not lose 1 stone in October even if I SS? I would a couple of 3 and couple 4 pounds losses to achieve that by 31 October. Nevertheless still going to stick at it and deal with each day as it comes. I am not going to go off piste for anyone, I am going to continue to be selfish and think of me, me, me!! (Finding this mantra somehow helps me!)
Thanks Katy!

A stone is possible, and if not a stone, then I BET you get very, very close!!! So proud of you, & your focus has helped to pull me back on track as well. Feel a MILLION times better than I did. We can do this!

xxx

Katycakes can't beleive I have spurred you on but that's brilliant!

Day 30 completed! I was on a course yesterday and was determined to allow myself or anyone else sabotage me. I was with a colleague and depsite the cajoling of you need to eat something or you should etc. I remained resolute. I told her how hard it has been to lose my first stone and I was not going to undo my hard work. I didn't not explain I was on CD simply said I would eat when I got back home. I had miscalculated how many bars I needed for the week and can't have tetra's due to the aftertaste so I had a shake with my in case I had to sneak and have it. However, I just wasn't hungry because I was so focused and determined not to be sabotaged. So got home at 6 and had three packs and boy was I full by the end of the evening!

Day 31 so busy at work didn;t have first shake until 3.30. Just had second one now. Confident I'll get through the rest of the evening without falling of piste! I have a social event towards end of the month which I have to prepare for mentally. I have no intention of going off plan for one evening and I know the comment will be you have lost so much you don't need to lose anymore, a little bit won't do any harm, your not fat, you will make yourself ill if you lose more etc. etc. How will I deal with such comments, just listen and in response smile and say not a word!

Kira what a difference, you are so focused and in the CD zone! 31 days... that is amazing! I think you're right, a lot of it is to do with our attitudes & being prepared for any challenges ahead...

xxx

Day 32 completed though I have to confess I had two bars!! I think I may to cut them out altogether until I am 'mentally' stronger perhaps? The only reason I think I caved into to having a second bar is because I am pre-menstrual? Or that I hadn't had enough water in the morning and I was out and about? Maybe I am making excuses for myself? Well, this illustrates I still have work to do on my 'mindset' when it comes to 'eating'. I want to be able to work on only eating if I am hungry or because I choose to. Not because is happens to be in my bag and I eat it! (Which is what I think I did, hence I think I am making excuses for myself!) Fortunately I only got 4 bars for this week but will try to avoid two in the same day!

Day 33 the sun is shining but a cold day. Talking of cold not sure why I have not been experiencing 'cold' symptons on CD? Still doing a lot of cooking for the family though and find myself pouring into my cookery books on on the net for recipes! Oddly not even licked my fingers to sneak a taste!! Yet I still had two bars??

Go easy on yourself Kira, you are doing so well. Two bars... I did that once and learned from it, and you will too... you are scooting along hon, be proud!

xxx

Day 34 completed.

Day 35 almost complete and TOTM started. Katy I think your probably right but I guess I am still in that beat yourself up mode. I'm still reeling having let the weight pile up after having successfully lost it in the first place! However, I am very excited about tomorrow's weigh in. I've agreed with CDC to use my weigh in as official as I like to get weighed in the morning. By the time I get to her in the evenings I have gained several pounds after drinking loads of water! She is keeping a record of my weight on her scales and the weight from mine! Bless her!

Bet the two bars were linked to totm... 35 days and one stone gone, yay Kira!

xxx

Day 36 weigh day! Lost 2 and half pounds! Feeling good despite TOTM! I still can't quite believe I have managed to stick to SS for this long (except for having 2 bars in one day!) I am going to be kind to myself (taking note of what you said katy) and not seeing that as a blip. For me it is the fact I have demonstrated that I do have control of my mind and stomach and they don't control me. I just need to somehow be able to apply it to "real food" once I complete the SS phase. Feeling positive today, can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Day 37 completed.

Day 38 and it's Friday! Now my ear thing has settled down I am going to start trying to 'run' again. Run I mean in the loosest sense of the word! I had been 'running' throughout August when I was a stone heavier but have been unable to since SSing due to my ear problem and also because I felt so exhausted this time around on SS. My husband thinks there is something wrong he is worried about me being so tired and wanting to go to bed early every night. I admit I could do with feeling a bit more energetic, so will see how far I can run and how unfit I am. Would love to be able to run a mile with relative ease. given I couldn't have run even half a mile this time last year that woud be a great achievement!

Back