Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Oh yeah I think Paul and I get more excited than Oliver will about these things. Half the fun being a parent I guess! X
Def!
Paul is excited about buying Lego and a scaletrix... I'm assuming for Oliver but you never know :p x

Lol. Don't think it will be long until we get some duplo!!

Duplo! I can't wait to buy toys- I was in ToysRus with mum yesterday pointing out potential Xmas presents for Oliver :p

3lbs off again this week :D :D

Means I'm now 1.5lbs away from Club 10 and 3.5lbs away from my 1.5 stone and 2 weigh ins left before my holiday!! X

Great loss, well done! X

Thanks ladies I'm really chuffed :)

And ready for another good week, although I'm really suffering from exhaustion at the moment- my iron tablets haven't kicked in yet and I can't seem to nap during the day, plus I keep waking up during the night and I can't blame Oliver as he sleeps through!
I also feel like I've got the beginnings of a cold, and my period has just appeared :(

Not going to let it throw me off plan (although I'm in serious need of some chocolate right now!).

Today's food:

GREEN

A- 40g reduced fat cheddar

Bx2: 2x 60g wholemeal rolls

Breakfast: grapes, apple, a Hartley's apple & pear 10 cal jelly (0.5 Syn), coffee with milk (0.5 Syn)

Lunch: 2x wholemeal rolls filled with Quorn chicken, spinach and 2tbsp Hellman's lighter than light mayo (1 Syn)
Robinsons NAS squash

Dinner: cheese, potato, bacon (4 Syns for 2 rashers) & onion pie (2 Syns for Flora light), topped with cherry toms and served with roasted veg

Daily Syns: 8/15
Weekly Syns: 8/105

Really not feeling well :(
Ended up falling asleep on the sofa when I should have been making dinner, so got convinced to order Dominoes instead :-/
Can't stop crying, full of cold and exhausted :(
Really hoping my iron tablets will kick in soon as I'd love some sleep!

Really not feeling well :( Ended up falling asleep on the sofa when I should have been making dinner, so got convinced to order Dominoes instead :-/ Can't stop crying, full of cold and exhausted :( Really hoping my iron tablets will kick in soon as I'd love some sleep!

Oh no Hun. That's awful. I wonder whether you're particularly low now you're on your period. Do you take the iron tablets with orange juice? Isn't that meant to help the absorption or have I got confused? Hugs xx

Oh no Hun. That's awful. I wonder whether you're particularly low now you're on your period. Do you take the iron tablets with orange juice? Isn't that meant to help the absorption or have I got confused? Hugs xx

Thanks for the hugs xx

Yes and my periods have been really heavy since Oliver, which is another reason y I've got iron deficiency anemia....
Plus HV is still convinced I've got PND too and I'm starting to wonder if she's right.... I have got a history of depression and anxiety...
Yes but I can't stand orange juice so I got told to take with a fruit juice, as long as it's high in fruit content...

I hate monthlies... I want to eat all the chocolate in the world... :( xx

Thanks for the hugs xx Yes and my periods have been really heavy since Oliver, which is another reason y I've got iron deficiency anemia.... Plus HV is still convinced I've got PND too and I'm starting to wonder if she's right.... I have got a history of depression and anxiety... Yes but I can't stand orange juice so I got told to take with a fruit juice, as long as it's high in fruit content... I hate monthlies... I want to eat all the chocolate in the world... :( xx

Mine have too. They've become more painful too. Just started today so will also be diving for the chocolates with you.

Is it worth seeing if you can speak to your dr about PND. It may be that you haven't but may be some help. It may be that your iron levels are so low that they are totaly wiping you up. Either way good to get treated.

Hugs xx

Mine have too. They've become more painful too. Just started today so will also be diving for the chocolates with you.

Is it worth seeing if you can speak to your dr about PND. It may be that you haven't but may be some help. It may be that your iron levels are so low that they are totaly wiping you up. Either way good to get treated.

Hugs xx
Thanks again for the hugs, I need them today... Little man puts his arms around me now and that made me cry this morning...
I'm a total hormonal mess... And that's how I feel, like I want to dive head first into a huge box of chocolates and not come out until they are all gone!!

Yep I've made an appointment for this afternoon, I think I need therapy... I had it before (I really don't want medication) and it really helped and I feel now, like I just need someone to talk to who isn't a friend or relative...
And yep my iron levels are very low and I always feel wiped!
My doc said the normal iron level is between 25-300 and mine? 10!!!!
X

Right back on it today... I want that club 10 award next week...

GREEN

A- 350ml skimmed milk
A- 40g reduced fat cheddar

B- 27g Quaker multigrain oats
B- 2 HiFi light Rocky Roads

Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A)

Lunch: pasta n sauce with spinach and broccoli

Mid afternoon: coffee made with milk (from A) x2, 2 Rocky Roads

Dinner: cheese, potato, bacon (2 Syns for 1 rasher) and onion pie topped with cherry toms (2 Syns for Flora light), served with a huge tray of roasted veggies

Daim (7.5)

Daily Syns: 13/15

Last edited:
Thanks again for the hugs, I need them today... Little man puts his arms around me now and that made me cry this morning... I'm a total hormonal mess... And that's how I feel, like I want to dive head first into a huge box of chocolates and not come out until they are all gone!! Yep I've made an appointment for this afternoon, I think I need therapy... I had it before (I really don't want medication) and it really helped and I feel now, like I just need someone to talk to who isn't a friend or relative... And yep my iron levels are very low and I always feel wiped! My doc said the normal iron level is between 25-300 and mine? 10!!!! X

Some cognitive therapy is valuable. Definitely highly rate it. Hope you can get it soon Hun and you feel more yourself. Well done for recognising some signs and getting help. Proud of you x

Some cognitive therapy is valuable. Definitely highly rate it. Hope you can get it soon Hun and you feel more yourself. Well done for recognising some signs and getting help. Proud of you x

Thanks very much, that means a lot :)

I'm also dealing with a screaming clingy baby today, I feel like running away atm... But then he smiles and it's all worth it :) xx

Thanks very much, that means a lot :) I'm also dealing with a screaming clingy baby today, I feel like running away atm... But then he smiles and it's all worth it :) xx

Trust me I have felt like that a lot this year. It's equally tough and amazing at the same time. A lot is sleep deprivation and hormones all over the place. I wouldn't change my little man at all. He is the best thing that's happened to me, but it's tough. Even today I've had a cry. Xx

Trust me I have felt like that a lot this year. It's equally tough and amazing at the same time. A lot is sleep deprivation and hormones all over the place. I wouldn't change my little man at all. He is the best thing that's happened to me, but it's tough. Even today I've had a cry. Xx
I couldn't have put it better myself xx

I missed my docs appointment yesterday- I fell asleep oops!
Felt better for it (both me and Oliver slept for 2 hours!) and then I've woken up this morning, constantly sneezing and I've almost lost my voice... Lovely!
Can't taste food, so I've not eaten a lot at all... I did stick to plan yesterday tho so I'm happy about that, and today so far so good...

Extra Easy

A- 350ml skimmed milk
B- 27g Quaker multigrain oats

Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A)

Lunch: savoury rice

Dinner: paella (allowing all my Syns for chorizo, olive oil and white wine)

Daily Syns: 15/15

A rather apt tshirt for my boy :)

image-3031535006.jpg

Back