Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Yeh that's exactly it! X

Could be mild contractions hun x i had a constant pain, but then every now and again it would get worse for a bit xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

hows labour coming along ;) x

It's torture :(
I'm restless, bored and frustrated.
Contractions haven't got any worse, I have a feeling this could be a long labour...

If you've a ball get bouncing on that. Helps being baby down even though it's hard with contractions! X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Haven't got a ball, instead I've been pacing up and down the stairs... Contractions are coming every 10 mins at the mo, they do feel like they are getting more painful...

Haven't got a ball, instead I've been pacing up and down the stairs... Contractions are coming every 10 mins at the mo, they do feel like they are getting more painful...

My sister sat on the bottom corner of her bed and bounced on the mattress, if that helps you at all?x

Hope things are progressing! X

Same hope things are going okay for you hun x

Thanks girls x

:( didn't sleep a wink last night, was getting contractions constantly... Still every 10 mins and only lasting 10-15 secs but they are painful and I'm seriously frustrated :(
Hubby is working from home today as MW said I shouldn't be alone and he doesn't want to go to far from me.
May have to send him to Tesco to get me some reading material, having said I'm considering walking there, it's only 5 mins but it'll give me fresh air and may help...
Am going to ring hospital soon and ask for some advice, I'm thinking I want to go in and be checked out at least but at the same time I know I'll be devastated if they say I'm not in established labour and send me home :(
When I go in to hospital I want to be coming home with my baby, so I'm kinda torn btw waiting for the contractions to get worse and getting restless at home or going in and risking being sent home.....

ohh i hope things start kicking off more... Maybe go but tell yourself its like a midwife app and you will be coming home.... But next time you go in you will leave with a baby :)

I was lucky and didnt get sent home when i went in, i was only 2 cm too :/ but thats because there was room for me to stay and other slight medical reasons... Good luck xx

ohh i hope things start kicking off more... Maybe go but tell yourself its like a midwife app and you will be coming home.... But next time you go in you will leave with a baby :) I was lucky and didnt get sent home when i went in, i was only 2 cm too :/ but thats because there was room for me to stay and other slight medical reasons... Good luck xx

I'm hoping the fact that it's my first baby and I suffer with anxiety issues means they will keep me in but we'll see...
Thanks I'm now about to have a shower, then call hospital and maybe take a walk, depending on what they say xx

Oh hun, I do sympathise. That was my labour :( No sleep at night because contractions were every 5-10 mins so it was impossible! This is why I had 2 lots of pethidine just to sleep, wasn't even for pain relief! The MW said my body was too exhausted to progress, so had the pethidine and not too long later I was 4cms and could be moved to delivery suite. So I probably wouldn't do the walking to be honest hun, even if you can't sleep try and rest up. You'll need your energy for when the last bit comes. Try and eat what you can as well hun. I made the mistake of not eating for 2 days (because of the constant contractions) - and somehow I still had something in my stomach to empty as was sick throughout labour :( xx

Well I've spoken to the MW and they've advised staying at home until my contractions become a bit more regular and longer, ideally every 3-4 mins and lasting around a minute each.
She said I'm welcome to go in and be checked over but from what I told her, it's pretty certain they'd send me home.
Plus my waters haven't broken yet either.
So frustrating, I'm getting the impression this will be a long labour, I'm just kinda hoping my waters break soon so it speeds things up.
First time in my life that I'm wanting to be in pain!!!
Eating normally and just relaxing, it's nice to have a day with hubby actually, although I feel bad for him taking a day off when there was prob no need to. But he'd rather be here with me, just in case.
Like MW said it can change just like that, or this could go on for days.
The good thing is she said it sounds like I'm def in labour, it's just a case of waiting now.
Come on baby B, don't keep us waiting too long! X

Took the dogs out for a walk and then hubby took me to Tesco so I grabbed a massive pot of pineapple, of which ive eaten half :)
No change in contractions, in fact they seem less painful now boo :(
But I'm still getting them which is good.
And I've just realised that I've had a perfect on plan SW day without even trying to!!!

I've had:

B: 1 slice WM toast (1/2 HEXB) with Flora light (1 Syn)
L: homemade pasta salad (pasta, carrots, peppers, celery, spring onions, ham) with cheese (1\2 HEXA) and extra light mayo (1 Syn)
S: fresh pineapple with 0% fat Greek yogurt (free), milk (HEXA) in cups of tea and 2 Fox's choc crunch creams (8 Syns)

For dinner, we're having: chicken stuffed with cheese (1\2 HEXA) wrapped in bacon and served with SW chips and peas (all free) most likely with 1 Syn of BBQ sauce

So that gives me 11 Syns, both HEXA's used and only 1/2 HEXB used so I could have 2 Alpen lights and a slice of toast if I want to!
Plus 4 Syns!!

I know I'm not trying to follow SW at all but it makes me happy to see I can do it and I'm enjoying it :)

Well done on the productive day I'm working all night so il keep me eyes peeled for exciting updates xx

My on plan SW day has been thrown out of the window lol in favour of Pizza Hut!
We started putting some stuff away in the nursery and putting the car seats in the cars and before we knew it, it was half 7!
I was tired so we agreed on a takeaway, ham and pineapple pizza for me :)
Since I had a nap earlier, my contractions are back and getting quite frequent. No pattern to them yet and no waters broken but hopefully it's going in the right direction!
Will keep you all posted! X

ahh what the heck your in labour, your allowed pizza!! lol

hope things are progressing x

Hope you are getting on ok xxx

Back