Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Thanks girls

It's colic, he's not normally too bad, he's just having a bad night :-/

The bad news- my close friend's husband has been diagnosed with cancer at the age of just 34 :(
In the colon, but it's now spread to his liver- had it for over a year but hasn't had any symptoms until a month ago :(
It's not looking good, poor chap, and my mate is just inconsolable :(

The cider has helped- hubby came home, took over Oliver duties and I raided the chocolate tin :-/
Will be back on it tomorrow morning- I've just had a rough day xx

Thanks girls It's colic, he's not normally too bad, he's just having a bad night :-/ The bad news- my close friend's husband has been diagnosed with cancer at the age of just 34 :( In the colon, but it's now spread to his liver- had it for over a year but hasn't had any symptoms until a month ago :( It's not looking good, poor chap, and my mate is just inconsolable :( The cider has helped- hubby came home, took over Oliver duties and I raided the chocolate tin :-/ Will be back on it tomorrow morning- I've just had a rough day xx

Oh Hun I'm so sorry to hear about your friends husband. That's awful. Totally understandable that your friend is struggling. Hugs

As for colic, may be worth trying colief. Some drs will prescribe it. Mine didbt sadly but it was definitely better than infacol.

Xx

Thanks girls

The bad news- my close friend's husband has been diagnosed with cancer at the age of just 34 :(
In the colon, but it's now spread to his liver- had it for over a year but hasn't had any symptoms until a month ago :(

The cider has helped- hubby came home, took over Oliver duties and I raided the chocolate tin :-/

Oh that's so sad :( no wonder your feeling low..
Hope today seems a bit brighter x

Thanks girls x

Didn't get to bed until 1 this morning :-/
But thankfully Oliver slept and woke at his usual feeding times.
Nothing happening today so at least I can get a good nap in.

Still in shock about my mates husband- I think the fact that's he's just 2 years older than my hubby is what's getting to me the most, he's far too young :-(

I'm ready to attempt a day on plan, I want another loss this week and my half stone award if possible!
Will post food later, right now I'm too tired to think and Oliver is just finishing up a feed so it'll be back to bed for both of us! X

Sorry to hear your sad news about your friends husband ((hugs)) xx

It's hard to stay mad at this little cutie for long...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 76
Couldn't back to sleep but Oliver did so I decided to pamper myself and have a nice long bath, wash my hair, etc etc and I feel better for it!
Just had breakfast and got some laundry in the machine and bottles in the steriliser and he's still asleep :)

Today's food plan:

Extra Easy

HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk
HEXB: 27g Quaker multigrain oats

B: A&B, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee

L: ham salad with 1tbsp extra light mayo (1 Syn)

D: SW chilli with Tilda Mexican bean chilli rice (2.5 Syns)

Syns:

1tsp Nutella (1.5)
1tbsp extra light mayo (1)
1 Waitrose lemon juice ice lolly (3)
Tilda Mexican bean chilli rice (2.5)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your news, it's way to young! Good luck for today and hope Oliver is more settled for you xx

Sorry to hear your news, it's way to young! Good luck for today and hope Oliver is more settled for you xx
Thank you xx

Fallen off the wagon again :-/
Was doing well but I'm knackered so dived into the choc tin, then hubby rang and asked if I wanted any cider for tonight and I gave in :eek:
So damn hot at the mo, I need it!!
Lol! And still a bit emotional after the news yesterday...
Really going to try and pull it back from tomorrow until WI, I don't want to gain in only my 2nd week back!! X

So I jumped on the scales this morning for a bit of a kick up the bum and I've put on 1lb since Thursday :(
Better than I thought, which proves being on plan for most of the day helps!
Anyway it's given me my motivation back, I will be back on plan today!
Got an added bonus of no son!
Little man has gone to work with hubby for the day, means he'll get to see his nana and great nana too.
So I have a quiet house until 5:30 tonight :eek:
It's strange but I need the break and I have a few things to do around the house.
Will make sure I get a nap in too!
The advantage of no child is that I have no excuse to fall off plan as I have the time to prep my meals and snacks!
Which is why we are having a fakeaway tonight :)
Going for a 'KFC'- looking forward to it!

So here's today's plan:

Extra Easy

HEXB: 27g Quaker multigrain oats

B: A&B, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 syns)

L: savoury rice on a bed of spinach

D: 'KFC'- SW spiced chicken (1.5 Syns), chips, roasted veg and salad

Syns:

1tsp Nutella (1.5)
SW spiced chicken (1.5)

Off plan again, really struggling this week...

My little man <3

image-948546944.jpg

Thanks girls

Colic is tough, it should be gone by about 11 weeks. The early days are tough.

Your poor friend, absolutely devastating news. None of us really know what's coming. It shows how important it is to live for today and to love our families.

You absolutely deserved that cider.

Colic is tough, it should be gone by about 11 weeks. The early days are tough.

Your poor friend, absolutely devastating news. None of us really know what's coming. It shows how important it is to live for today and to love our families.

You absolutely deserved that cider.
Thanks x

Decided I need to do Success Express for the rest of the week to maybe get a loss in Thursday so here goes:

Success Express

HEXB 1: 27g Quaker multigrain oats
HEXB 2: HiFi choc orange

B: A&B1, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), followed by a 2 egg omelette made with peppers, toms and spring onions, bacon on the side and lots of spinach!

L: savoury rice on a massive bed of spinach, followed by grapes, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries with a dollop of 0% fat Greek yogurt

D: lamb steak, chips, roasted veg and spinach

Syns:

1tsp Nutella (1.5)
1tbsp tomato ketchup (1)
175ml glass dry white wine (6)

Total: 8.5 :)

Last edited:
I've done it!
Managed a day on plan woop!
And I'm impressed by how much wine you get for 6 Syns :)
Shall continue with Success Express tomorrow xx

We've had a rough night :( my boy is poorly so has been sneezing and coughing and he had a feed at 2:30 but took until 4:30 to fall asleep before waking at 5:30 for the next feed and he's still awake now!!!
He's not taking full bottles either- he normally takes 5oz but we've been making 6 in case he brings any back up and he took 5 at 2:30 but at 5:30/6 he only took 3 and he's refusing to take any more!
Of course the downside to this is he gets hungry quicker then usual :-/
And of course with babies getting colds, so does everyone else- so far hubby has it slightly but I'm really suffering :(
So that and lack of sleep- I feel like a zombie :-/ :-/

And to add to my miserable mood today- the scales are showing a 2lb gain :eek:
I know it's all my own fault but that makes it worse- I'm mad at myself :(
I'm really going to try and stick to plan from now until WI on Thursday, hopefully I'll get away with a STS.
Sticking to Success Express today, and will carry on with it, depending on what the scales say in the morning- if not, tomorrow will be a Green day...

Success Express

HEXB 1: 27g Quaker multigrain oats
HEXB 2: HiFi salted caramel

B: A&B1, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), pineapple, banana

L: savoury rice served with spinach. Grapes, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with a dollop of 0% Greek yogurt

D: homemade meatballs (extra lean mince, onions, garlic, tom purée, spices) served with Tilda brown basmati rice (2.5 Syns) and spinach!

Syns:

1tsp Nutella (1.5)
Tilda brown basmati rice (2.5)
HiFi light Rocky road (3)

Total: 7 :)

Last edited:
Back