Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

I'm home now, had to go to Tesco Colchester to pick up Paul's prescription. Behaved myself in ToysRus, only brought the sheets for Oliver's travel cot, which is what I went for! Could have easily brought more but I had to just walk straight past the clothes and Thomas section lol!! If you do end up at the Colchester Sainsburys it's massive! Big clothes bit upstairs as well, avoid lol! X

Oh we ended up in sainsburys in Colchester. There about 2.30 I guess. It's very similar to the one we have nearby. Massive like you say x

Hi Kirsty :)

How are you and your gorgeous boy doing? xx

Having a lovely holiday :)
Signal is shocking where we are staying so we are currently in Costa in Diss abusing the free WiFi ;) xx

I'm back!!!

Great holiday, really enjoyed ourselves and so did Oliver and the doggies :)

And on the proud mummy front- Oliver had learnt how to roll from his back onto his tummy :D
The only downside to this is he hasn't learnt how to roll from his tummy to his back so it meant quite a few middle-of-the-night wake ups as Oliver rolled in his cot and then cried!
He's also trying to pull himself up into a sitting position and keeps wanting to crawl!!!
He also dives for the spoon when we feed him and he tried to grab my custard cream earlier!
He's growing up fast and getting his own little personality, and he's proving to be a mischeavious little monkey!!
On the sleeping front, he's doing very well- he goes go bed between 7-7:30, we dream feed him at 11 and he doesn't stir again until around 6, but doesn't usually want a bottle until 7, he got lots of cuddles in bed with mummy and daddy instead :)

On the food front, we pretty much ate all the junk food in the world all week long!
And because of the lack of signal, we spent a lot of time in Costa in Diss abusing the free WiFi and eating cakes oops!
Planning to get back on plan on Monday- going to enjoy the last 2 days of my hubby before he goes back to work on Monday :(

Will upload some pics when I get a chance :)

Hope everyone is keeping well :) xx

Ok photo time!! :)

To start with, a few pics of where we stayed:

image-2633862966.jpg

image-1988436113.jpg

image-94388223.jpg

image-3417661668.jpg

image-334387104.jpg

Bressingham steam museum and I was let loose in the gift shop...

image-3278803208.jpg

image-3920631316.jpg

image-1632633819.jpg

image-89088371.jpg

image-2228416473.jpg

image-1639169253.jpg

My boy looking all grown up!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 66
:( :(

Got some sad news last night- remember my friend's husband who got diagnosed with colon cancer a few months ago?
Well it's not looking good- the chemo isn't working, he's got liver failure, jaundice and is on steroids as well... They've got an appointment on Monday afternoon with his consultant to see if he can have a diff chemo tablet, but that's only if his jaundice has cleared up and his blood test comes back ok... His consultant isn't hopeful as they think his kidneys are failing him too...
Basically if he can't have the diff chemo tab, there's nothing more than can do for him and he's living on borrowed time...
They desperately want a baby, and have been told they are eligible for NHS funded IVF but my friend has got to lose weight first (she's rather large) and then they can start the process... They've already frozen his sperm but it's looking likely that he'll be gone before she even has the treatment..
So sad, they've been married for 10 years and trying for a baby all that time, they got told years ago she needed to lose weight but as she's only 30 and he's 33, they thought they had all the time in the world... :(
Just makes you realise how precious life is...
And for me, how lucky I am to have my boy... He's teething and woke up at 3 in pain and looked at me with the saddest eyes and I burst into tears... Love that boy so much...
Feeling so sad, can't stop crying... Can't imagine losing the love of my life so young... :( xx

:( :( Got some sad news last night- remember my friend's husband who got diagnosed with colon cancer a few months ago? Well it's not looking good- the chemo isn't working, he's got liver failure, jaundice and is on steroids as well... They've got an appointment on Monday afternoon with his consultant to see if he can have a diff chemo tablet, but that's only if his jaundice has cleared up and his blood test comes back ok... His consultant isn't hopeful as they think his kidneys are failing him too... Basically if he can't have the diff chemo tab, there's nothing more than can do for him and he's living on borrowed time... They desperately want a baby, and have been told they are eligible for NHS funded IVF but my friend has got to lose weight first (she's rather large) and then they can start the process... They've already frozen his sperm but it's looking likely that he'll be gone before she even has the treatment.. So sad, they've been married for 10 years and trying for a baby all that time, they got told years ago she needed to lose weight but as she's only 30 and he's 33, they thought they had all the time in the world... :( Just makes you realise how precious life is... And for me, how lucky I am to have my boy... He's teething and woke up at 3 in pain and looked at me with the saddest eyes and I burst into tears... Love that boy so much... Feeling so sad, can't stop crying... Can't imagine losing the love of my life so young... :( xx

So tragic. Welling up just reading this. Does make you realise how precious life is. Hugs x

So sad :-( what a shame for them.
It does make you realise life is so short x

So tragic. Welling up just reading this. Does make you realise how precious life is. Hugs x
I was in tears writing it :(
Paul was trying to be all strong and manly about it when I told him, but he soon realised that doesn't work with me and I got extra cuddles :)
I think it's hit him too as he knows how it could easily have been him...
Thanks for the hugs x

So sad :-( what a shame for them.
It does make you realise life is so short x
She told me she wishes she'd done something about her weight years ago and then maybe they'd have a child now but like I told her, she didn't know this was going to happen, it's life and it's really sh't sometimes...

My boy is awake so I'm going upstairs for cuddles, he's so precious xx

Very much so. I gave my little man an extra tight cuddle. You never know what's going to happen really. I hope the news is as good as it can be tomorrow and the remaining time is spent the best way it can be x
I haven't stopped cuddling him all day, he's really wanting the company atm with him teething so I was happy to oblige... We fell asleep together earlier and Paul covered us with a blanket :)
Paul even took us out for dinner tonight to cheer me up :)
I'm really praying its good news tomorrow... Think I'll be burying myself in chocolate either way!! X

Back