Knitting Thread!!

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Have found picking up the knitting needles is doing wonders for keeping me out of the kitchen!! :cool:

Have completed this in walnut Denim Ultra:

jumper.jpg

but didn't like how it came out much :p

Am now working on this one in black with cream stripes :

8441-DENIM-ULTRA-PONCHO.jpg

although I reckon it's gonna end up on Sophia cos it's not as long as I wanted it to be! :rolleyes: The ultimate one I really wanna get going on is this one, which I am going to do in deep lilac:

8473-BIGGA-PATT.jpg

which I just hope I can do justice to!! :D

Any other knitters out there??

Hiya
well I started a scarf about 2 years ago ..........................its currently about 6 inchs long so far - got fed up with that after the sun started showing through the clouds again - so now trying to get through my books instead to while away the difficult times.

I have not done any knitting since I had my youngest...lol.
Though I have done the odd cross stitch.

A nit yes .... a knitter no!

Did use to crochet - quicker than knitting, I don't have the patience!

But well impressed with you D_Q - and love the top one .... could you do me one in black size 16 please???!!!!

I really enjoy knitting and I used to knit a lot when my kids were younger and hubby was on afternoon shift but stopped as they started growing up. Now though I've started again as my sister in law is pregnant so have been doing a shawl and some baby clothes for her .... only for my other sister in law to announce 2 weeks ago that she's also pregnant --- so hopefully all the knitting I'll now have to do will help me not think about food :)

Those patterns you have put up are really nice - I love the jumper at the top --- I'm off shopping today and might have a look in Hobbycraft for a pattern for me that I could start doing in a 16/18 so that I'll have something nice to wear when I get there :)

Keep those needles clicking
Cath

Hiya Cath

Have completed the first poncho and it's very nice. Back to the aran jumper for Nina now! The joy of knitting for kids is how quickly they knit up and how cute they look in them! :D

I like it, but am crap at it. Also, i can't follow those recipe things that tell you what to do, cos I can't understand em. AND I can't cast on or off so have to get my mum to do it, and she does it in a weird way cos she is Swiss and they knit differently over there!

My wedding dress and all my bridesmaids dresses were hand knitted. Ok so it's a lifetime ago back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth but hey.....they still looked naff back then and even more so today :cool:
I love knitting. Little woolly sweaters for my pooches are my current obsession.

When I was very young we had to knit squares which someone joined together for blankets for some disaster or other. My square was the disaster .... more holes than a packet of polos!

This is the one I am working on at the moment:

8473-BIGGA-PATT.jpg

and it is just so incredibly easy to do, and super fast as well!! :cool: Highly recommended, and found a site that is selling the wool super cheap too! :clap:

Back