Knot Stressed

Knot Stressed

Started SW (again) today and need to record my eating. I could do with some ideas and advice on what I'm having.

I have a long way to go to reach my target but I'm trying not to think about the whole amount and concentrate on one pound at a time. That may be easier said than done as I want instant success, but I'm going to remind myself that a pound off is better than nothing.

Hopefully all you kind souls will pop in occasionally with comments and support.

Hope to get to know you over the next few months :)

End of day one and all has been fine. Still need an HEB but will probably have a hifi later.

White coffee HEA
Banana, Orange, Muller light greek style coconut 0.5 syns

White coffee HEA
Pasta salad - Spirali, Onion, Peppers, Sweetcorn, Peas
Coop low fat honey mustard dressing 2 syns
Banana

White coffee HEA
Grapes, Orange, Apple

Haribo jelly babies x3 3 syns
Fruit tea

Chicken breast
Sweet potato, Onion, Peppers, Sweetcorn, Peas and Mustard 3 syns

Grapes, Orange, Apple, Pear
Muller light greek style toffee 0.5 syns

Total syns = 9

Last edited:
End of day one and all has been fine. Still need an HEB but will probably have a hifi later.

White coffee HEA
Banana, Orange, Muller light greek style coconut 0.5 syns

White coffee HEA
Pasta salad - Spirali, Onion, Peppers, Sweetcorn, Peas
Coop low fat honey mustard dressing 2 syns
Banana

White coffee HEA
Grapes, Orange, Apple

Haribo jelly babies x3 3 syns
Fruit tea

Chicken breast
Sweet potato, Onion, Peppers, Sweetcorn, Peas

Grapes, Orange, Apple, Pear
Muller light greek style toffee 0.5 syns

Day 1 looks Wonderfull!

So fruity and hydrated well done!

Are you attending group?

Can't wait to see the pounds drop

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thank you DoingItRight and Tesam2931. I was very happy with yesterday's plan and felt very full after dinner :)

I'm not attending a group just now as I can't fit in with any of the timings for my local meetings. I'm just going to muddle along at home with the help of the lovely people here.

Today's plan:
White coffee (HEA)
Porridge (HEB) with banana and lemon curd (3 syns)

Fruit tea
Pasta salad (same as yesterday as I made too much!) Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomatoes (2 syns)
Orange, Grapes, Toffee Muller greek style (0.5 syns)

White coffee (HEA)
Mince with potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms and sugar snap peas
cheese (6 syns)

Fruit tea

I am also trying to increase my water intake as I need to replace some of the coffee I normally drink at work.

I'll update later.

update - the recipe for tea changed a little and became a hot pot with a cheese sprinkle. It was yummy :)

total syns for day = 11.5

Last edited:
Thank you DoingItRight and Tesam2931. I was very happy with yesterday's plan and felt very full after dinner :)

I'm not attending a group just now as I can't fit in with any of the timings for my local meetings. I'm just going to muddle along at home with the help of the lovely people here.

Today's plan:
White coffee (HEA)
Porridge (HEB) with banana and lemon curd (3 syns)

Fruit tea
Pasta salad (same as yesterday as I made too much!)
Orange, Apple, Grapes, Toffee Muller greek style (0.5 syns)

White coffee (HEA)
Mince with potatoes and veg (I'm not sure what veg yet so will add in later)

Fruit tea
Orange, Pear and coconut yoghurt (0.5 syns)

I am also trying to increase my water intake as I need to replace some of the coffee I normally drink at work.

I'll update later.

For every coffee you have you should also have a glass of water next to it to drink afterwards

Or you could also try http://www.buzzfeed.com/melissaharrison/fruit-infused-waters#.xe4LMpY3J7

Another good day and I thorough enjoyed everything I ate. In fact I've probably eaten more the last two days than normal. Luckily it has been mainly free food so no need to feel bad about it. It's hard to believe this is me losing weight lol :)

I've had a busy day today to say I had a day off work :) I had appointments with my GP this morning and hospital this afternoon (not for me, went with my daughter).

In between I took the dogs out for a walk and then went craft shopping with my sister.

Finally got home about 5 o'clock to find the chicken wasn't defrosted for tea so having to rethink! Finally settled on a full english - yum.

So today has been:
Porridge (HEB) with raspberries and lemon curd (3 syns) White coffee (HEA)
Large salad with beetroot and Feta (6 syns) White coffee (HEA)
Greek style toffee yoghurt and banana White coffee (HEA)
4 low fat sausages (4 syns) bacon, beans and 2 poached eggs

I've had quite a few syns (13) and not as much fruit today. May have an orange and a fruit tea later if I get peckish.

Today started with porridge again. Only this time I added no lemon curd! I like my porridge sweet but I tried raspberries on their own and it was yummy :D

Lunch was purchased from the restaurant at work. I had plain cous cous with red onion, sweetcorn, beetroot and chives. I then added 2 hard boiled eggs and some honey and mustard dressing. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Need to count 3 syns for the dressing.

I have loads of fruit for snacking this afternoon and for dinner we are having the chicken we didn't eat yesterday with roast vegetables.

Today I've also increased my water to match my coffee intake - 2 cups of each by lunch.

Hope everyone is having a good eating day :)

Today started with porridge again. Only this time I added no lemon curd! I like my porridge sweet but I tried raspberries on their own and it was yummy :D

Lunch was purchased from the restaurant at work. I had plain cous cous with red onion, sweetcorn, beetroot and chives. I then added 2 hard boiled eggs and some honey and mustard dressing. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Need to count 3 syns for the dressing.

I have loads of fruit for snacking this afternoon and for dinner we are having the chicken we didn't eat yesterday with roast vegetables.

Today I've also increased my water to match my coffee intake - 2 cups of each by lunch.

Hope everyone is having a good eating day :)

Your seem super happy and had a good day

I have oats in the morning too if you add a free yogurt i.e weight watchers. I also soak mine overnight with water with cinnamon or vanilla essence to cook in the morning...just some ideas.

Last edited:
Dinner was fabulous and the roast beetroot was a hit. We will be having that again.

I added some light salad cream to dinner, about 4 syns worth.

I will have a yoghurt later and with the one I had at lunch my final total will be 8 syns for today.

Your some super happy and had a good day

I have oats in the morning too if you add a free yogurt i.e weight watchers. I also soak mine overnight with water with cinnamon or vanilla essence to cook in the morning...just some ideas.

Thanks I'll try your suggestions some time.

At last it's Friday although weekends are when I struggle most. I find my work routine helps regulate my eating as I've a tendency to forget to eat when my days aren't structured. Also this weekend I'm off to a birthday party. The good thing is the host does low fat food with lots of salads and veggies. The bad news is we all will probably drink too much :)

Today I have eaten very well again.
Porridge with raspberries HEB
lettuce cucumber tomato egg ham beetroot cottage cheese fat free dressing
toffee Greek yoghurt (0.5 syns)
banana apple grapes orange pear
smoked gammon boiled potatoes cauliflower peas sweet potato cheese sauce (5 syns)

fruit tea x2
white coffee x4 HEA

total 5.5 syns

Last edited:
As predicted Saturday evening was a bit messy :) I may have eaten too much cheese and drank far too much wine :rolleyes:

On the plus side I got straight back on the horse today and had a good SW friendly day.

Fruit for breakfast, SW chilli and rice for afternoon meal and will have porridge and fruit for supper. HEA has been my milk as usual.

I also decided to make Sunday my weigh in day. So although it is only a 6 day week this week I have still managed to lose 3 lbs :scale: :woohoo:

Hope you've all had a good weekend. Off now to get everything ready for work.

Take care x

Monday has gone well (so far).

Breakfast - porridge (HEB) with summer fruits, white coffee x 2 (HEA)
Lunch - Salad leaves with cous cous, beetroot, pickled onions, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese, chicken and fat free vinaigrette dressing
Toffee muller light greek style (0.5 syns)
Snacks for work is lots of fruit!

Tonight I am off to an aqua aerobics class at the local school pool. I'm hoping this will be a good way to get some exercise without overstressing my knees and spine.

I've also planned to have jacket potato with bacon and beans for dinner when I get home. As I've had so few syns today I will use some for a sprinkle of cheese on my potato ;)

I was up early for the train to London this morning, but still managed to squeeze in breakfast and lots of fruit.

Lunch is provided at the Conference I'm attending so hopefully I will find something edible :) If not I have brought my evening meal with me. It is pasta with loads of salad veggies.

I am staying in a hotel tonight so may get tempted by a drink in the bar with the other delegates!

So I avoided the bar on Tuesday night but the food wasn't so good! We were fed on both days by the in-house catering service, which left a lot to be desired!

Since I got home yesterday things have calmed down again and I am back on track. Hopefully it won't be a disaster at weigh in on Sunday morning :eek:

Cauliflower cheese for lunch and home made sweet and sour for tea. Doesn't feel like a diet :)

Saturday at last :)

I have planned evening meals for the week and now need to sort lunches for work. Any suggestions?

Back