Krystle (well mostly her hubby's) Yummy Recipies!!!

Kes

Gold Member
As promised several times now i thought i would start a post with the yummy things my hubby and i have been cooking!
and feel free to add anything to the thread....

firstly there is.... my yummy chicken salad....
cook 1 chicken breast in a few sprays of fry light, garlic salt, and worcester sauce... cook slowly (so that the sauce doesnt burn)
make salad with various bits you like, and then slice the chicken once cooked over the salad... its very yummy!!!

Chicken Dopiaza: (makes 4)
ingredients:
500g onions
3 cloves garlic
3cm fresh ginger
1 tsp each of, ground chilli, cinnamon, cardamom seeds, black pepper and tumeric
4 cloves
2 fresh chilli's
fry light
8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs (or 4 chicken breasts)
2 fresh tomatoes (i added more)
1 tsp sugar
400g cooked potatoes
salt
1tsp garam masala
200ml no fat or low fat natural youghurt
sprigs of coriander to garnish

1) puree half the onions in an electric blender with Garlic, ginger, spices and chillies.
2) heat some fry light in a lidded non-stick frying pan and cook the chicken over a high heat in two batches (i just did it all together as i have a big enough pan) until browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
3) heat some more fry light (i didnt do this) and saute the rest of the onion over a medium-high heat for about 10 mins until soft and quite golden. add a little water if the onions become too dry.
4) add the puree onion mixture to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins.
5) Reduce the heat a little and add the tomatoes, sugar (i really dont know what this is for...) potatoes, salt, and a little water (about 50mls). return the chicken to the pan with any juices, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
6) stir in the garam masala, and yoghurt (this is where using low fat yoghurt it can seperate but its ok), and simmer for 2 mins then serve with the corriander...

we cooked a little rice to have with ours.....

ours was really hot too... but i think thats because instead of the ground chilli, i used chilli flakes... hmmmmm might not do that again and see if its any different....

Steak with Red wine and Garlic (serves 2)
Ingredients:
1 large or 2 small shallots
4 cloves garls
2 lean sirloin steaks
salt and black pepper
dash of worcester sauce
50ml red wine
fry light

1) heat some fry lght in a heavy non stick frying pan and saute the shallots (hubby just used 1 normal onion) over a medium-high heat for 3-4 mins until softened. add the garlic and cook for a further 1 min
2)Push the shallot and garlic to the sides of the pan, increase the heat and add the steaks sprinkled with some salt and black pepper and a dash of worcester sauce. cook them for 2 mins each side for medium rare, or to taste
3) Transfer the steaks to warm serving plates leaving behind most of the onion, and add the red wine to the pan with another dash of worcester sauce, and a little more seasoning.
4) stir well, bring to the boil and cook for 30 seconds. serve steaks with the sauce drizzled around them

we had rice with this one too... but had peas, sweetcorn, and peppers mixed in with the rice...

will write the Tikka Masala another night... too tired tonight!!!

yummy!!!!! i'll be trying that curry recipe x

Sounds delish!! Mouth waterering reading the steak receipe!! Will print off in work tomorrow :) Thank you huni xx

Did the steak last night. Fab-u-lous! Going to do the dopiaza for Saturday night. (instead of the usual take away) Keep the recipes coming Kes. By the way I didnt know about the salmon effect and have eaten it twice this week with no ill effect but will avoid it in future.

Did the curry last night, left out the potatoes but added 400g tinned tomatoes. Absolutely scrummy. Its a stroke of genious blitzing the onions.

Hi everyone...
well the other night we had Chicken Tikka Masala
so here is the recipie....

Chicken Tikka Masala (serves 2)
Ingredients:
2 Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
Frylight spray
1 clove garlic
1 tsp each of: ground cumin, coriander, and tumeric
1/2 tsp ground chilli (once again we used chilli flakes and OH BOY was it hot!!!!)
1tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp of sauce flour (this helps to prevent the yoghurt seperating.
salt and black pepper
100ml half or no fat greek yoghurt
1 tsp garam masala

1) Slice the chicken into chunks
2)heat the frylight into a nonstick frying pan over a medium- high heat and add chicken, garlic, all the spices, (except the garam masala) the flour and seasoning. Stir for a few mins, adding a spoonful of water, if necessary to prevent sticking.
3) reduce the heat, add the yoghurt and bring to a very gentle simmer. cook for 4 mins, stir in the garam masala and simmer for another 2-3 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.

Serving suggestions: server with basmati rice, chutney and a green salad, dressed with lemon juice.

tonight we had Pad thai... (dunno why we are having so much spicy food.. LOL... although this isnt spicy, but lovely and fresh!!!

Pad Thai (serves 2)
ingredients:
Fresh (or frozen) prawns, and squid. (we used the fruits de mer from waitrose but im sure other supermarkets do thier own version)
(basically any seafood or fish (salmon if your game!!) but we are going to try it with chicken for a friend next week)
2 Spring onions
Mangetout (cut into thin pieces)
Bean sprouts
1 egg
fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves
1 lime (juice)
1 lemon (juice)
2 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
fry light
1 pack thai ribbon noodles (if you buy the sharwoods ready to wok ones the recipie is very similar to the one of the back of the pack)

1) heat the fry light in a wok, add garlic and ginger and heat through.
2) add the fish sauce, seafood, bean sprouts, and spring onions add lemon and lime juice and cook until the seafood is cooked.
3) add chilli sauce, mangetout and noodles to the wok and cook to desired taste/texture
4) add egg just before serving to bind it all together, or you could omlette the egg and slice over the top of the dish..
you can add crushed peanuts after you have served, but we have left this off for obvious reasons!!

this is a recipie from a friend and therfore not exactly great on the amounts and method, but play around. if you like spice, add more chilli sauce. or even some fresh chillis..
ENJOY

Gonna try them all. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW. Cant wait to hear the result.

Lemon, Garlic and herb roast turkey crown with caramelised lemon slices

Serves 6-8

Need:
1 medium turkey crown (3-4lb)
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp mustard powder
2tsp garlic salt
salt n pepper
2 tbsp marmalade (orange)
2 thinly sliced lemons
Bay leaves

Method:
Preheat oven to 190' weigh your crown (45 mins per 2lb)

Mix together the lemon zest and juice, mustard powder, garlic salt and is you like a handful of chopped fresh parsley - season with a little pepper (garlic salt is really strong so you may not need to add salt)
Brush the mixture on to the crown and spray generously with frylight - cook in the oven, uncovered and baste every 30 minutes - if it gets too brown for your liking just cover with foil

15-20 minutes before the end of cooking time. remove from the oven and brush with half of your marmalade (remove your foil) and put turkey back in fro the last 15-20 minutes

Test the turkey is cooked using a skewer and brush with remainder of marmalade (even if it needs to go back in ) - when ready wrap tightly in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving -

to caramelise your lemon slices place on a baking tray, spray with frylight and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden - use these to garnish the turkey with a scattering of fresh bay leaves

Herby Roast Potatoes

Serves 6

Preheat oven to 190' boil1.2kg scrubbed and halved new potatoes for 6-8 minutes - drain and place onto a baking tray (i use a pizza tray - with holes in ) spray with frylight and jiggle about - spray again and season with salt and cracked black pepper - scatter over 2-3tsp dried mixed herbs (or dried rosemary and some garlic flakes) roast for 25-30 minutes

just as nice cold as they are hot -
i've also seasoned with a teaspoon of hot chilli powder and toasted cumin seeds to eat with an indian x

not as nice as real but a low fat gravy!!

Make up 1/2 pint of stock (chicken/beef/lamb) using either 2 oxo cubes or chicken/beef bovril - seperately
mix 1 level tbsp cornflour witha little cold water and stir into the hot stock along with a handful of freshly chopped mixed herbs or 1tsp mustard powder. heat and stir until nice and thick x

ohhh going to try them (not the turkey as i dont like that LOL...
thanks

i got a pork and salmon one - plus loads of different ways with veg (oo-er) FYI i just did the turkey one with a chicken and it worked beautifully - i just amended the cook times to suit x

ohhh chicken sounds muchhhhh nicer.. thanks

Been a while since we updated what recipies we have been coming out with....

we had the Pad Thai without egg... and it was fine.. so i will be having mine without egg from now on.....

i made a yummo chicken dish the other night which was....

chicken breasts cut slightly in the middle (or the side...) and stuffed with extra light herb and garlic soft cheese (like philidelphia but i used the tescos light choices range) and then wrap either Parma ham... (hubby had that) and i had normal nice ham (which is in the 5% rule)
and then we had cous cous and salad, and home made chips... it was yummy.....

made a nice pasta dish last night which was cod pieces, tin of tomatoes, onion garlic and then mixed herbs (we dont have fresh so i used the dried ones in a jar)
cook up some pasta or spaghetti, and serve... i had a little but of low fat cheese... and it was yummy and very filling. and part of your 2 serves of fish a week!!!!

i need to update some new recipies!!!! (ive bumped up so that i can see it when i come on tonight and it will remind me!!!)

Ooh, just thought I'd add the recipe for this veggie soup, it's really nice, and quite a thick one so very filling.

Serves 6
Ingredients:
120g leeks
300g turnip
1 medium sized onion
300g carrots
200g new potatoes
85g celery
15g low fat spread
1 garlic clove
bay leaf
2 veg stock cubes

1. Dice vegetables, making sure onion is chopped finely. Crush garlic
2. Melt the margarine over a medium heat
3. Add the garlic, vegetables, bay leaf and season
4. Stir well and cover pot leaving to sweat gently for 15 minutes
5. Dissolve the stock cubes in 300ml boiling water
6. Add stock to the pot and bring to the boil, then cover and allow to simmer gently for a further 30 minutes
7. Remove the bay leaf and strain the soup, keep the liquid
8. Mash or blend half of the vegetables COARSELY and add to the liquid
9. With the other half of the vegetables blend until a thick puree and then add to the soup
10. Reheat the soup and mix, adding seasoning if required.

Also, I made these spicy potato wedges last night, they're really crispy, and very spicy! So if you don't like a lot of spice, just add 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, instead of the two. You'll need a large ziploc bag for this.

Serves 2 (large servings)
Ingredients:

500g potatoes (large "old" ones are best)
2 tsp cajun seasoning
fry light

1. Scrub potatoes and cut into chunky wedges
2. Put in a zip lock bag and spray in enough sprays of fry light to cover the potatoes, shake til it's all covered!
3. Add the Cajun spice mix
4. Shake bag thoroughly again and make sure all wedges are covered
5. Bake in the oven in a deepish roasting tray for 45-60 mins until crispy and brown. Shake them up every now and again.

I had them with a chicken breast in BBQ sauce with some sweetcorn.

found this scrummy recipie while i was having a clear out....
not ever made them but they sound good!!

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

2 1/2 cups oat bran
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup evaporated skim milk (or soy or rice)
3/4 cup apple juice concentrate
2 egg whites
1 medium apple, cored and chopped, not peeled

Preheat oven to 180C. Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Blend together, stir in apples.
Put into muffin cases and bake until cooked

Note: I add either 2 mashed bananas or 1/2 cup applesauce. Makes the muffins moister. Any fruits are great in these: peaches, pears,
berries, etc.

Mushy Pea curry!

Ingredients
1 onion
Unlimited mushrooms
1 Bag quorn pieces ( you can use chicken but this will make it higher in cals!)
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Tin of mushy peas
Curry powder!

1. You fry your onion, mushrooms and quorn pieces in a pan until the quorn is cooked!

2. In your blender blend the peas and chopped tomatos until smooth!

3. Transfere the quorn and the tom and peas into a pan and add curry power to taste! (I used medium curry power but found it didnt give the kick i was after so i added 2 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce into it!)

4. Bring to the boil and simmer!

yuuuummmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Back