Kuromi's big journey diary

Well I've just got back in and am peckish but unlike the OH who has demolished a bag of crisps after goodness knows how many beers (*sigh*) I just made myself a highlights hot chocolate as I figured that's not exactly going to do much damage. I had a water as my first drink then had 2 diet Pepsi as they had no zeros. Don't think one night will harm me too much as it's draught Pepsi after all so certainly low on calories if nothing else. There wasn't much room for dancing as it was packed so we just stayed at a table, but no one even questioned me not drinking as they are used to me driving sometimes so never even batted an eye at me sipping coke. I got told by one friend that I looked "exceptionally stunning" but no one else commented (actually that's partially not true, as the OH told me I looked pretty when I came downstairs before we went out) - I did notice a couple of fellas checking me out but they didn't come over so I'm fine with that as I don't do compliments very well and when a guy tries to chat me up I usually become quite aggressive, so it saves hassle if they keep a distance. Plus 2 girls that had tagged along with our group were throwing themselves at anything with a dick, so most of the attention was on them and I was left in peace. Win win. I took a praline bar with me as I hadn't eaten my last meal of the day when we set off and was conscious incase I was hungry later on, so I ate that at midnight (I was going to have it earlier but lost track of time), and just kept it out of sight of any staff and kept nibbling when no one was looking. So all in all it was nice to get out of the house, I didn't burn any calories dancing, but I got to catch up with some friends and had an excuse to dress up, which I don't get much of these days. I usually have to resort to dolling myself up on a Sunday when out with my parents who never notice I've made an effort anyway. Right off to bed and hopefully I'll misplace a few pounds somewhere in my sleep (I do love it when I get up and I'm a pound lighter than when I went to bed, but I've no idea where it goes).
Seems like u had a good night!! You played it well while staying on track well done!! Dont think i could have a bar and drink water at any party lol, its good to have will power isnt it? One comment is better than non at all, tbh sometimes people have noticed a change but just dont comment incase the person should get offended. Hopefully the scale magically moves lower for u xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Well the pound fairy didn't come visit me, she must have been held up somewhere, but she didn't drop anything off so that's also fine.

Went to bed at gone 3am and come 7:30am my neighbours grand kids arrived and they aren't exactly quiet. Sounded like they were playing with power tools at one point as something was going on that was quite noisy, little sods. I got up and went to Tesco as I spent the morning whilst lying listening to them next door hoping they'd shut up, looking on my fitness pal for low cal & low carb stuff and found Tesco do some lean bacon with 5 rashers for 150 calories compared to the usual 120 for 2 rashers. It turns out it's off the fresh butchers section as I spent ages in the pre-packed section scouring packets then went and found it on the counter. Came home and made myself 3 pieces of bacon (90 calories) and 150g egg white omelette with seasoning. Lovely. It's 4:40pm and I'm still not hungry yet.

Bought some new batteries for the scales so they aren't fluctuating now, although shame I didn't loose anything by putting new ones in but on the plus side I didn't gain either :) tried to set them up using an online guide as they are supposed to measure my fat %, water ratio and stuff but constantly display error which according to the site says I'm not making good contact with my feet. I tried everything even moisturising them but it still errors so I'm convinced they are broken. Stupid weight watchers. Won't be buying their brand again.

Bought some more mushrooms for my addiction. Even the lady on the till made comment to the amount of boxes going through. As I said to her, they are healthier than chocolate. Speaking of which, I bought an Atkins chocolate bar. It's 150 something calories I think but only 2 carbs. Ideal for if I want some chocolate at all any time soon.

I also bought some coconut milk. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, maybe keep it until I'm off the diet and use it for smoothies with some bananas and pineapple.

This time next week I should hopefully be in possession of my outfit for my first party. Thinking maybe a suit as were going to a restaurant that fancies itself as up market and has a dress code. Shirt and tie for the men, not dressing like a whore for the women I think it is. No idea what I'll wear so think a suit might be on the top of the list if I can find a nice one and also assuming I don't find something else instead. Decided I may as well leave it til next weekend as it's a week Tuesday we go, so if I leave it as close as possible then I know it'll fit. You watch, I'll spend a fortune on an outfit and I'll loose 6lbs in 48hrs and it'll hang off me and look awful. But right now I'd sooner pay for the outfit and have to take it back knowing I've lost 6lbs :)
Failing that I do have some nice trousers I bought a while ago that have never actually fitted me until now, so I have a back up plan. I bought based on being in denial about my size and kept them as they were a sale item, but I couldn't even bend down in them as the zip would come undone if I so much as breathed out. I tested them last weekend and even bent over to touch my toes and nothing. No zip heading south, no cutting into me and making it so I couldn't breathe or anything. They fit perfectly.
They just need the hem stitching as that was the fault, but they are on my list of fixes to be done this week.

Off to the pub tonight and I may indulge in a sandwich as I managed last week without gain, so as long as I plan it into my day I think I'll be ok. I'll have a back up bar in my bag incase I change my mind. Guess it depends on what filling they have. Last week was tuna and cheese both of which are on the plan, but if it's something I don't like then I'll just eat my bar. I have yet to still have 3 meals and it's nearly 5, so I don't think a single sandwich will break the deal. I can have something when the OH gets home and that's still 2 more to have, or have my sandwich and call it at that. I'll see.

Back to the gym tomorrow for a few miles. Not got hospital appointments this week, so should be able to resume some normality and get some time to loose a few pounds in the gym. Well, I'm hoping that's what will happen :)

Well the pound fairy didn't come visit me, she must have been held up somewhere, but she didn't drop anything off so that's also fine. Went to bed at gone 3am and come 7:30am my neighbours grand kids arrived and they aren't exactly quiet. Sounded like they were playing with power tools at one point as something was going on that was quite noisy, little sods. I got up and went to Tesco as I spent the morning whilst lying listening to them next door hoping they'd shut up, looking on my fitness pal for low cal & low carb stuff and found Tesco do some lean bacon with 5 rashers for 150 calories compared to the usual 120 for 2 rashers. It turns out it's off the fresh butchers section as I spent ages in the pre-packed section scouring packets then went and found it on the counter. Came home and made myself 3 pieces of bacon (90 calories) and 150g egg white omelette with seasoning. Lovely. It's 4:40pm and I'm still not hungry yet. Bought some new batteries for the scales so they aren't fluctuating now, although shame I didn't loose anything by putting new ones in but on the plus side I didn't gain either :) tried to set them up using an online guide as they are supposed to measure my fat %, water ratio and stuff but constantly display error which according to the site says I'm not making good contact with my feet. I tried everything even moisturising them but it still errors so I'm convinced they are broken. Stupid weight watchers. Won't be buying their brand again. Bought some more mushrooms for my addiction. Even the lady on the till made comment to the amount of boxes going through. As I said to her, they are healthier than chocolate. Speaking of which, I bought an Atkins chocolate bar. It's 150 something calories I think but only 2 carbs. Ideal for if I want some chocolate at all any time soon. I also bought some coconut milk. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, maybe keep it until I'm off the diet and use it for smoothies with some bananas and pineapple. This time next week I should hopefully be in possession of my outfit for my first party. Thinking maybe a suit as were going to a restaurant that fancies itself as up market and has a dress code. Shirt and tie for the men, not dressing like a whore for the women I think it is. No idea what I'll wear so think a suit might be on the top of the list if I can find a nice one and also assuming I don't find something else instead. Decided I may as well leave it til next weekend as it's a week Tuesday we go, so if I leave it as close as possible then I know it'll fit. You watch, I'll spend a fortune on an outfit and I'll loose 6lbs in 48hrs and it'll hang off me and look awful. But right now I'd sooner pay for the outfit and have to take it back knowing I've lost 6lbs :) Failing that I do have some nice trousers I bought a while ago that have never actually fitted me until now, so I have a back up plan. I bought based on being in denial about my size and kept them as they were a sale item, but I couldn't even bend down in them as the zip would come undone if I so much as breathed out. I tested them last weekend and even bent over to touch my toes and nothing. No zip heading south, no cutting into me and making it so I couldn't breathe or anything. They fit perfectly. They just need the hem stitching as that was the fault, but they are on my list of fixes to be done this week. Off to the pub tonight and I may indulge in a sandwich as I managed last week without gain, so as long as I plan it into my day I think I'll be ok. I'll have a back up bar in my bag incase I change my mind. Guess it depends on what filling they have. Last week was tuna and cheese both of which are on the plan, but if it's something I don't like then I'll just eat my bar. I have yet to still have 3 meals and it's nearly 5, so I don't think a single sandwich will break the deal. I can have something when the OH gets home and that's still 2 more to have, or have my sandwich and call it at that. I'll see. Back to the gym tomorrow for a few miles. Not got hospital appointments this week, so should be able to resume some normality and get some time to loose a few pounds in the gym. Well, I'm hoping that's what will happen :)

Ohh no, maybe a few more days untill u see some changes.

I have noisy neighbours too but ive gotten used to the big racket they create by now, which is everyday!

Ive never Used the weight watchers scales before but everyone seems to complain about them. You could try coconut milk in your curries, maybe use your veggie allowances and make a veggie curry or use chicken breast in it as well. Mmmm smoothies with coconut milk sounds interesting! And i agree, mushrooms are so much better than chocolate!! I find myself loving the portobello ones, the flavour is a bit different, chestnut ones are gd too.

Ohhh yea the atkins bars are lovely, i use to use them as snacks sometimes while i was on atkins, u can order lots of lowcarb stuff on the mega store website, the atkins muesli is another good buy if u fancy something crunchy for breakfast, i also found some low carb milk chocolate in holland and baratt, think its 169 calories and it contains a ridiculously small amount of carbs, no added sugar too, unlike the slim and save bars that contains sugar, these bars has way less carbs than the slim and save ones so think im going to have these as a snack instead on some days.

Really annoying buying new clothes when still losing weight, buying it now would probably annoy u as u dont no how much weight youll lose by next week, im hoping for a pound atleast lol.

Wow u havent had much to eat all day but then again ur brekkie was a filling one, dont think the sandwich will do much harm if u just leave it as that for the day but it surely will knock u right out of ketosis, do u want to really chance that?

Well done on fitting into those trousers and the gym is a good boost too. Hope u enjoy ur evening out.

As for me im in bed relaxing and dont have work till wednesday. Happy days lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I admire how you can go out with friends and still stay on plan, I couldnt do it. Well done xx

I decided against the sandwich. Whilst I had one last week and checked with my ketosis sticks through out the day on Monday apparently it didn't knock me out of ketosis which surprised me. I bought a lemon yogurt bar with me instead so sat and ate that whilst everyone else had sandwiches. My dad was moaning that I'm eating something in the pub that I didn't buy from the bar, but I think he's doing it just to be an asshole.

And thanks - it is hard but I've had to do it every week as we go out with my parents to the pub and they eat and up to now I've had to go without as I was on shakes which I couldn't take with me, so I'm used to it. It's actually a nice change that I can bring a bar along with me now.

I don't really want to buy a new outfit next week as it probably won't fit by the time I reach goal anyway, but I haven't decided what to wear. I might decide against it and wear something I already have, but if I don't go look at least ill end up feeling like I haven't made an effort. On the plus side, if I keep the receipt and I like the item that much I could always take it back and pretend it was a Xmas gift and swap for a smaller size :)

Hi Kuromi

This is really off-topic but I've read elsewhere that you have tattoos, how did you decide what to get? I'm getting one next year and have no idea what to get that's meaningful

Sorry

I know the feeling about the clothes as I recently bought myself a new coat and a new top and they're now too big. Only managed to wear the coat twice x

Abbz, I have 8 tattoos, most of them are something that means something to me but a couple I got when I was really young and I hate them now. I would design your own if you can and make it something that is personal to you x

Annoying when clothes gets too big but the victory feels good doesnt it? Well done!! It means the weightloss is paying off xx

Hi Kuromi This is really off-topic but I've read elsewhere that you have tattoos, how did you decide what to get? I'm getting one next year and have no idea what to get that's meaningful Sorry

Totally not off topic. This is my diary and I have tattoos, so therefore we can discuss :) don't apologise. I'll discuss tattoos on this one then post today's entry on the next one below. Any questions just ask.

I have 3 at the moment which will become 5 next year. I do have my eyeliner tattoo'd as well but I don't really count that as it's cosmetic, not a personal design like my others.

Firstly I have all my tattoos designed for me, not picked off a board. Whilst there is nothing wrong with flash designs I personally don't like the idea of someone having the same work as me and love having something meaningful.

My first one is the one on my back which is of my cat Sophie who passed away approx 10 years ago now. I had her from a kitten when she was barely a few weeks old, and her mum had cat flu which was passed to all the kittens? Mummy cat unfortunately died as she belonged to a lady who had 14 cats as her ex husband hated them, so she got loads to keep him away but couldn't afford to have any of them looked after by a vet. The rest of he kittens didn't last long either after that. My mum used to work for one of these door to door loan companies and so she knew this lady and saw Sophie who was on deaths door herself not having a nursing mum. She asked what the lady was going to do with her and she said nothing as it was going to die so she asked if she could have her and bought her home. We took her to the vets and he treated her but told us to prepare for the worst as she wasn't likely to live much longer as she was very poorly. I fed her from a pipette she was so tiny, and she proved everyone wrong and lived to be 20 years old.
Because I'd raised her and spent so much time with her I was naturally devastated by her passing, and wanted something doing tattoo wise of her but couldn't decide what.
I'm a spiritual person by nature, not one for following traditional religions but having my own beliefs and as a child I used to be attracted to pictures of animal hybrids as I believed they were gods and goddesses, and I had a picture of a female feline hybrid which I thought was a protector of animals, so I took the pictures and some photos along to a tattooist I'd been recommended to go to, explained what I wanted, described my cat and how she would sit on my hip like a child with her paws wrapped round me, and she drew a beautiful picture of this lady with my cat. My only regret is I didn't go bigger. So that is how I picked that one.

My second was the Eye of Horus which is on my neck. I won't bore you with the Egyptology behind it as the story behind the symbol is quite long and you can google that if you want, but I liked the idea of having some protection symbol to watch my back and being a lover of Egypt I choose that one when I joined the Prison Service. It's worked so far as I've had some near misses and some close calls but I've never come to any harm even when dealing with violent and mentally unwell people.

My third which is my sleeve is based on a few things. When I was a child because mum worked quite far away and dad worked shifts I was pretty much left to my own devices after school and we lived in the middle of no where with no other kids nearby so I used to spend hours in the garden with Sophie. We had Buddleias in the garden which during the summer would be full of butterflies and we spent hours sitting watching them and trying to catch them so I could look at them up close. They were so beautiful and fragile, so I planted some Buddleias and clematis once I got my own place and love having them around me. I then saw a nice meme on Facebook someone had created saying that butterflies are the spirits of our loved ones and I thought that was a beautiful idea, so when I wanted my sleeve doing I got pictures of clematis and other climbing plants and some photos of colourful butterflies and took them to the same lady who did my back piece and asked her to tattoo me. I wanted more than just butterflies though so have some other insects in there and will be having some more work including a gecko added next year too (they remind me of the geckos in Spain which is where my family lived when I was young so we went every year and it holds happy memories for me). I also had a Star added to the bottom. Star is my youngest cat who is 2 years old and like my baby. I didn't want to wait til another cat passes away this time to get a tattoo of them.

My next 2 are just designs I really like so when better to get something than reaching a life goal?

So when it comes to tattoos it's important to find a design you won't mind looking at for a long time and also a tattoo artist that you can talk to and like the work of as I have seen some shocking pieces in my time. I always politely ask who did it so I know never to go to them.

So there you go, a lengthy explanation of how I picked my designs.

Today has been a lovely day and it's not even over yet.

Firstly the scales have been kind to me and I'm now 10.3 3/4. I did a double and triple check (just incase) and that's definitely right. I did change the batteries yesterday so I'm hoping they should be spot on each time now, but when it's a good number sometimes I can't believe it. I did a little squeeee of joy and a happy dance in celebration.

I went to the gym at dinner and shaved another minute of my time running 4k. Whilst there someone I've worked with for 4 years passed through and stopped to talk to me and halfway through the conversation he stopped mid sentence and started telling me he can't believe how much weight I've lost and how I'm looking really good. He kept repeating it and even when we got back to the original reason he spoke to me before he left he again said "wow I can't believe how much you've lost" which was really nice as none of the other staff have commented ( I'm sure they've noticed but not said anything). A couple of the lads that work for me have said it's because the women will be jealous so they won't say anything which I can believe as I saw a school friend the other week who I see occasionally and she started to say something then stopped herself and changed the end of the sentence to be about my hair.

I had a tuna salad for dinner with porridge for lunch so tonight I might make a sausage omelette as the OH cooked an entire packet of sausages last night and left 2. I know it's not my traditional 1 meal and 3 packs but I don't think it will do me much harm as I did the same yesterday and it clearly paid off today :) plus I've got another 339 calories to play with so think I'm safe with 2 sausages and some egg whites.

Right, off to sort tea as the OH is home.

Totally not off topic. This is my diary and I have tattoos, so therefore we can discuss :) don't apologise. I'll discuss tattoos on this one then post today's entry on the next one below. Any questions just ask.

I have 3 at the moment which will become 5 next year. I do have my eyeliner tattoo'd as well but I don't really count that as it's cosmetic, not a personal design like my others.

Firstly I have all my tattoos designed for me, not picked off a board. Whilst there is nothing wrong with flash designs I personally don't like the idea of someone having the same work as me and love having something meaningful.

My first one is the one on my back which is of my cat Sophie who passed away approx 10 years ago now. I had her from a kitten when she was barely a few weeks old, and her mum had cat flu which was passed to all the kittens? Mummy cat unfortunately died as she belonged to a lady who had 14 cats as her ex husband hated them, so she got loads to keep him away but couldn't afford to have any of them looked after by a vet. The rest of he kittens didn't last long either after that. My mum used to work for one of these door to door loan companies and so she knew this lady and saw Sophie who was on deaths door herself not having a nursing mum. She asked what the lady was going to do with her and she said nothing as it was going to die so she asked if she could have her and bought her home. We took her to the vets and he treated her but told us to prepare for the worst as she wasn't likely to live much longer as she was very poorly. I fed her from a pipette she was so tiny, and she proved everyone wrong and lived to be 20 years old.
Because I'd raised her and spent so much time with her I was naturally devastated by her passing, and wanted something doing tattoo wise of her but couldn't decide what.
I'm a spiritual person by nature, not one for following traditional religions but having my own beliefs and as a child I used to be attracted to pictures of animal hybrids as I believed they were gods and goddesses, and I had a picture of a female feline hybrid which I thought was a protector of animals, so I took the pictures and some photos along to a tattooist I'd been recommended to go to, explained what I wanted, described my cat and how she would sit on my hip like a child with her paws wrapped round me, and she drew a beautiful picture of this lady with my cat. My only regret is I didn't go bigger. So that is how I picked that one.

My second was the Eye of Horus which is on my neck. I won't bore you with the Egyptology behind it as the story behind the symbol is quite long and you can google that if you want, but I liked the idea of having some protection symbol to watch my back and being a lover of Egypt I choose that one when I joined the Prison Service. It's worked so far as I've had some near misses and some close calls but I've never come to any harm even when dealing with violent and mentally unwell people.

My third which is my sleeve is based on a few things. When I was a child because mum worked quite far away and dad worked shifts I was pretty much left to my own devices after school and we lived in the middle of no where with no other kids nearby so I used to spend hours in the garden with Sophie. We had Buddleias in the garden which during the summer would be full of butterflies and we spent hours sitting watching them and trying to catch them so I could look at them up close. They were so beautiful and fragile, so I planted some Buddleias and clematis once I got my own place and love having them around me. I then saw a nice meme on Facebook someone had created saying that butterflies are the spirits of our loved ones and I thought that was a beautiful idea, so when I wanted my sleeve doing I got pictures of clematis and other climbing plants and some photos of colourful butterflies and took them to the same lady who did my back piece and asked her to tattoo me. I wanted more than just butterflies though so have some other insects in there and will be having some more work including a gecko added next year too (they remind me of the geckos in Spain which is where my family lived when I was young so we went every year and it holds happy memories for me). I also had a Star added to the bottom. Star is my youngest cat who is 2 years old and like my baby. I didn't want to wait til another cat passes away this time to get a tattoo of them.

My next 2 are just designs I really like so when better to get something than reaching a life goal?

So when it comes to tattoos it's important to find a design you won't mind looking at for a long time and also a tattoo artist that you can talk to and like the work of as I have seen some shocking pieces in my time. I always politely ask who did it so I know never to go to them.

So there you go, a lengthy explanation of how I picked my designs.

Some beautiful stories behind your tattoos! Thank you for sharing, I think I have an idea of what I want I just don't deal well with pain x

Beautiful ideas behind your tattoos xx

Abbz tattoos arent that sore but depends where you get them. I have one on my foot which was the sorest one I got xx

Beautiful ideas behind your tattoos xx

Abbz tattoos arent that sore but depends where you get them. I have one on my foot which was the sorest one I got xx

I want a big one on my hip and a little one on my shoulder blade, I can deal with soreness just not the "scratching", "pricking" feeling that people describe it as

It just feels sore tbh. Like someone is running the same place with a pen over and over. It's not a sharp feeling like you'd imagine. Like razor burn I guess.

Well done on the scale movement, i guess whatever your doing is working, keep at it xx

Did u say pills? What kinda pills are we talking about lol? I only no 2 succesful diet pills maizitang and lida daidaihua, natural and herbal and speeds up metabolism, boy did it make me thirsty and it took away my appetite and helped me drop a stone in just over a week. X

Yeah, these are just natural supplements from Holland & Barratt because I can't stand the taste of green tea any more so I take it in tablet form, and cayenne pepper, KL56, Acai & sea kelp.

Yeah, these are just natural supplements from Holland & Barratt because I can't stand the taste of green tea any more so I take it in tablet form, and cayenne pepper, KL56, Acai & sea kelp.

Ohhh yea green tea is quite gd for the metabolism, imagine that while lowcarbing plus going gym. Wow u take quite a few.

Hey Kuro, just came over to see how you're getting on and saw your weight. Wow!

Well done :)

Back