Kuromi's big journey diary

Getting it out is easy these days as the over the counter colour removers do it in half an hour. My biggest problem is the orange undertone from using luminance for years.

Morning, Feeling a little better than yesterday's doom and gloom - I hate having to try on clothes at the best of times but these days every store seems to make up sizes so I have no choice as I've bought so much in the past and found when I get home it doesn't fit that I can't take the chance. Little glum that apparently I'm still a 12 despite loosing quite a bit, but I know that all my other stuff is now too big so it proves something's changed. Maybe I was just cramming myself into 12s in denial before. Either way, I'm going to aim for another stone loss yet, so that may change me to a size 10 once I get to 9 stone. Going to start on my hair in a short while, just been doing some online shopping for some more food. Someone suggested Kee Diet so I had a look and some of their stuff is really really low carb so I've bought a load of stuff as I ink it's the carbs that are cocking me up quite frankly, as a short while ago when I switched from Lipotrim to Slim and Save I had a nightmare with my weight for 2 weeks and then someone suggested that I might not be able to tolerate the carb level S&S have as their plan so since trying to keep below 50g a day I seem to be loosing again. This other company however have shakes that are as low as 2gs of carbs a shake which compared to 16g per shake on S&S would be ideal. Yesterday for example I had porridge, a bar & a chilli pack and was over 50g of carbs yet they insist I have to have 4 meals a day, so I'm constantly giving up a meal for a highlights hot chocolate at 5g carbs instead. At least with this new stuff I can lower the amount per day by mixing my packs up. I've pretty much just ordered shakes, bars & porridge from them and then will use up my meal packs from S&S that way I should be ok to stay in my limits, although I think I'm going to need multi vitamins according to Kee Diet, as they recommend you take them along with their stuff, so I'll get some later. I think tonight I will wear my new skinny jeans (with a belt until I can take them to work next week for the usual take in) and my new knee high heeled boots and one of my new tops. I have some shiny trousers for my next party, Xmas day or New Year (tight fitting on the legs again but stretchy so they are a little forgiving). I also have my new tartan mini (which I didn't try on, but I think it will fit as it looks about right) to decide when to wear. I think I've got to go buy a tv for mum and dad today as well, so no doubt I'll be able to burn a few more calories running round the shops sorting that out. Right, off to tackle the hair. Updated Pics to follow soon.

Ohh seems like youve got a lot to sort, atleast your hair is done! Love the colour and also loving your piercings and the eyeliner looks good too.

Yes i read about the kee diet 3 days ago, theirs si much more vlcds that i havent heard about that i saw on the net, very interesting.

Im off now though, hope you had a nice day

Right i need to leave the house now xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just got back from the pub. I feel all bloated after 2 diet red bulls and 2 cans of diet coke over the last 4.5 hours. Should have swapped one out for a water. Now that's something I never thought I'd say.

Sat talking to my cousin about diets and weight loss and he was saying he can tell I've lost loads and thinks I won't need to go below my original goal but I'm not so sure that there will be enough of a difference in just 9 pounds. I think I'm going to need to loose another stone to get rid of this middle bit, but I can always review as I get to goal anyway. I don't think I've lost much body shape since my last pics. Will have to compare.

Tried on all my stuff I bought yesterday and felt loads happier now I can try it properly in my house with my new shoes and boots. Not happy however that my brand new boots have split, and I bought them from a shop that was selling off all it's stock due to going into liquidation so the chances of me getting a refund is nil. Going to have to try and get them fixed instead. Bloody annoying. Especially when I was standing in the toilet queue and some girl pointed it out. It's not that noticeable but she spotted it. *****. Lol.
But I think I've got my dress sorted for the first party night out on Tuesday, just a bit unsure as it's clingy and I can see my love handles so I'm sure everyone else will be able too as well. Will see how I feel Tuesday and see if I can find some way to hide them (like shorts). I'm even considering not wearing underwear so I don't have vpl as despite having seam free underwear it gives me a slight muffin top that isn't noticeable in jeans etc but a clingy black dress you can see it on my outline. I never go without underwear so that will feel weird. Can't even sleep without pjs on so god knows how I'll cope. Oh wait - get drunk. That will make me forget. At least I won't have to worry about getting my dress tucked into my knickers or that trailing loo roll tucked into your pants.

Ugh I feel like I've got a hangover. It must be a caffeine hangover as I know both my drinks didn't contain sugar so I can only assume that it's caffeine as I also feel like I've not slept all night and have a headache.

Supposed to be getting up in half an hour but I'm wide awake now (feel like I have been all night). This is going to be a very long day.... I'm not going to get an early night either so I think tomorrow is going to be very hard....

Learnt a few lessons today. Buffet food isn't worth breaking ketosis for. Not everyone is as enthusiastic about weight as I am now or wants to hear how their family members are irresponsible parents for feeding their 9 year old up to being obese. I'm not a Christian. I'm apparently one of the few that's still cold.

Ok so first thing on that list is buffet. I figured being as today was my first event since my weight loss journey began some months ago that I would partake in some food. It was decidedly average, and afterwards I regretted it instead wishing I'd just eaten the bar in my bag, which I would have probably enjoyed more as it was chocolate. Although my pee sticks show I'm still in ketosis some 6 hours later I'm not so sure. I know ketones can still be in your system some hours later so I'm not convinced I'm still in ketosis. Will try again tonight and tomorrow morning and see. Hoping I still am, but I'm not holding my breath. If I managed to stay in that would be nice as then I'll minimise any damage done by the chicken nuggets and cocktail sausages, lol.
I didn't eat loads, I had a paper plate with a few bits on it, but felt sick after and a bit guilty. I actually considered going to make myself sick as I felt quite unwell, but being as I have a phobia of being sick that plan was not going to be more than a fleeting thought. Lesson learnt that I'm not going to bother with food outside of my plan apart from the actual meals I have already planned, so if any unexpected events come up wherever possible I'm not going to eat at them.

Second thing is weight and children. I had a bit of a rant at our friend about his family member and their child who must be about 9. We saw them at their wedding last year and she was huge, and having seen her today she is even bigger. I think it's really unfair on the child that her parents are pretty much feeding her crap instead of teaching her self restraint, and she is really obese for her age and probably going to be set up with health problems for life unless someone does something soon. At the wedding they gave her 2 bags of crisps & bags of sweets about half an hour before the 3 course meal, an adult sized meal and their starters & deserts as well as her own and also ordered extra bread for her during the meal. Today she must have gone up to the buffet table about 6 times and filled her plate and sat ramming food into her mouth at rapid speed in a short space of time. I really do think that's awful that she's being pretty much encouraged to gorge herself from a young age. Watching her trying to play with other children was painful as they were running about and this poor child was unable to run and was so red faced I thought she was on the brink of collapse. By all means when she's old enough to make her own decisions and decides she wants to be big and is happy with it then so be it, but at her age she should have a neck between her shoulders and chin. She's probably going to be on Minimims in another 15 years looking for support in weight loss having picked up god knows how many bad food habits as a child. I may have just upset half the forum with this but I'm being totally honest and saying what I think without intention to offend anyone. Most of us have inherited food guilt by being told to clear our plates as children or taught food solves all of our problems and it's not done us many favours in the greater scheme of things.

Next is religion. Naturally with a christening it involves a church. It's been a very long time since I was in one. I clearly haven't missed anything. Sunday service really baffled me and I felt very out of place. Needless to say I wasn't converted. Religion confuses me at the best of times and today's service was aimed at bashing loan companies and going on about how the church are going to be working with named unions to lend money. And there was me thinking that we'd be listening to bible verses, not a big sales pitch.

After the church experience we headed on to the pub for said buffet. It was in an outdoor marquee (think this one through folks, social events in marquees are probably best avoided in the middle of winter) with barely any heating and a child and their iPhone running the entertainment so hence happy hardcore dance music. Everyone else is sitting in their posh frocks and suits and there's me in my ski coat, scarf & gloves absolutely freezing my bits off. Everyone kept saying "you're not cold are you?" Like I'd be dressed for the Antarctic for fun. I resisted the urge to get into conversations about being on a diet and just smiled sweetly and replied "I'm a bit nesh and feel the cold". Shame they didn't serve anything warm to drink besides coffee and tea, which I can't drink.

Well off to the second pub of the day. I won't be partaking in tonight's sandwich supper as I've learnt from earlier that I'll only feel guilt and like crap, so that bar that's still in my bag will be my sandwich substitute. Time to get the woolly socks out.

Got my boots fixed and my jeans taken in. I look forward when I can actually just fit in a pair off the shelf without having to keep modifying them. Still, as long as I'm always taking them in and not having to shelf them because they are too small then that can only be a good thing.

I have a nightmare with jeans as I am really short, have wide hips and my waist is much smaller so they never fit x

Ditto. I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans this weekend. I must obviously have big thighs as most pairs don't fit on my legs if they fit my waist so I have to go a size up and then make the waist in. Here's hoping in another stones time that will change.

I always find that jeans are big for my waist but tight on my thighs but its a gd thing u taking in your jeans cos it means your getting smaller

These are new ones I bought on Friday. So glad I was able to sew my boot up as that was annoying having only just bought them.

Starting on my getting out of ketosis plan as of now. I was going to stick with my plan today and start in the morning but figured a full 24 hours might be a good idea. I played half safe and had a bacon butty. The bacon has no carbs but the French bread will I'm sure.
Thinking of having a croissant for breakfast and a jacket potato with baked beans for dinner tomorrow then if I get time I might have a mini snack in the afternoon although not sure what to have yet. That should hopefully bring me safely out of ketosis for tomorrow night. The OH admitted last night that when he drank whilst in ketosis he felt ill after 2 drinks. See - all my nagging and I was right.
Although I'm looking forward to going out I'm also already looking forward to getting back on my plan and finishing my journey. It's safe knowing what you are having each day, and the thought of having to work out my daily food once I'm at goal is quite daunting.

Ohhhh. Thinking u got stone to go so u might be taking them in again at goal. And with the ketosis thing better safe than sorry, its good your getting out of it instead of drinking while still in it. Your OH will learn next time ?

Nah he won't learn, he knows best.

I think I may have turned a corner. I decided that instead of my 4th pack I would treat myself to 3 square of chocolate being as I'm coming out of ketosis and afterwards I still felt a craving for something sweet but after checking the cupboard and fridge decided on a handful of Barrett's milk bottles and none of the cakes, crisps, biscuits & other things that are currently rammed in the cupboards. Any other day I would have grabbed the entire pack of pitta chips or mini rolls etc and eaten my way through them but I made a conscious decision that although I'm allowing myself some things tonight I'm not going to just eat everything for the sake of it. That's a first for me in a very long time.

Roll on Wed as I'm feeling guilty already and I've not even been out for this meal yet, lol.

Just popping by to say hey Kuro! You & new hair look fab :)

Thanks Sag.

Went out for our night out last night and had a few glasses of wine :) Had some "diet cookies" for breakfast & mid morning snack as they are lower calories but had 24g carbs per biscuit then I had a jacket potato with chilli for lunch and then some more of those milk bottles whilst getting ready to go out. Got complimented by some of the guys in the group but the women said nothing. I don't expect much these days however as I don't think one woman has commented on my weight loss yet whereas it's always been guys.
As I came to leave work someone tried to pick me up and ended up pinching me on my ribs and my colleague was teasing me saying how he bet I can't even feel my ribs and so I took my coat off and he was amazed at the change. He couldn't believe how much I'd lost when he asked and as we were talking another couple of staff came over and commented that they had noticed when I've been running in the gym that I've lost a lot, so it was really nice to have some nice compliments and encouragement.
Didn't wear my new dress out last night though as I was conscious of my middle area still being a bit blobby, so I opted for some high waisted trousers and a crop top, which worked well as there was a tiny amount of flesh between the 2 items, but the trousers didn't cause a muffin top so it made me look quite slim, which I was happy about.
Hoping to get rid of some more by New Year but no idea how my loss will be affected by having a night off at least once a week for the next few weeks. I actually want to get Xmas out of the way so I can settle down and get back on with my weight loss, but life is too short to pass up every social event as I've not been out in a long time due to feeling self conscious and not feeling like I can wear anything that didn't make me look fat.

Back on S&S today although I've just had an email saying my parcel from Keediet has arrived at mums so may have to go get that in a bit as I've ordered loads of shakes, bars and porridge with them and I've used my last S&S porridge today. So excited as these new products are really low carb even compared to LT & S&S apparently according to their site, so that should help me being as I seem to be always light pink these days on the ketosis sticks rather than the nice deep purple I was when I first got them and wasn't having 50gs carbs a day. Hoping this speeds things up a little. I think I must be mad actually getting excited about food replacement packs.

Today has been uneventful so far. Went for a blood test and did some running. Stuck to my packs. Feel like crap, which I think is a mixture of a cold trying to take hold and a little bit of a hangover. Think I may have slightly overdone it at the gym as I feel a bit stiff, but it could also be because I've pushed myself that I'm feeling the burn for the first time in ages.
I've started doing interval training this week to make running more interesting. Warm up for 4 mins, then run at 9km for 30 secs, walk for 1.5 mins, then repeat but at a faster speed. I made it up to 14.8 today and ran for 40mins so covered a good distance. Hoping this pays off. Will go get weighed on our professional work scales next week I think, as I'll hopefully be back down to either my Friday weight or maybe lower if I'm lucky so then I can see if it tells me I've lost any more fat %. Not sure I dare brave any scales yet as I'm sure they will make me cry. I didn't have a huge meal (expensive restaurants don't serve big portions) but I think I'll have put on anyway due to the glycogen. Might wait until morning and have a peek if I'm in the mood.

Hi.

Atleast u had fun and got gd compliments. I actually cant wait for xmas to be over. Everyones obsessing about eating when im here panicking that im going to get fat. Dont think you will gain much as its just water weight and will drop quickly with the determination youve got

Not being funny but have u considered being a writer or atleast writing a few books. I love reading your detailed posts, u make it seem so interesting. Hope your having a good night x

Thanks for that Tam - I would love to be a writer as I used to keep a blog about everything and anything that wound me up but if I posted that here I'd probably get banned as it was very much my opinion and naturally not everyone appreciates my sense of humour. The few that knew about it and subscribed said they liked it but I never did anything more than just a rant blog really.

In my current position I would have to write anonymously as I could loose my job if anything I said got deemed as offensive (which lets face it, you only have to look at Facebook to see how many people complain about stuff that's posted and keep reporting it to tell it wouldn't take me long to offend at least one person).

I've already upset at least 3 people on here that I know of, so I'd need a faceless forum in order to really write my feelings without fear of repercussions.

Thanks for that Tam - I would love to be a writer as I used to keep a blog about everything and anything that wound me up but if I posted that here I'd probably get banned as it was very much my opinion and naturally not everyone appreciates my sense of humour. The few that knew about it and subscribed said they liked it but I never did anything more than just a rant blog really. In my current position I would have to write anonymously as I could loose my job if anything I said got deemed as offensive (which lets face it, you only have to look at Facebook to see how many people complain about stuff that's posted and keep reporting it to tell it wouldn't take me long to offend at least one person). I've already upset at least 3 people on here that I know of, so I'd need a faceless forum in order to really write my feelings without fear of repercussions.

Yea youve got to be anonymous and protect your identity but youve got a good talent, not only will others enjoy reading it but u will make a lot of cash.
Personally i like people who are real, i take their criticisms better because i no what they say is coming straight from the heart, better than a liar any day.

So much better being straight than fake, nothing wrong with your sense if humour, i get people hating me for being real but i wont change. Your books will sell like hot cakes with amount of intetesting things that happens in your daily life. Id be writing if i was u x

Yea youve got to be anonymous and protect your identity but youve got a good talent, not only will others enjoy reading it but u will make a lot of cash. Personally i like people who are real, i take their criticisms better because i no what they say is coming straight from the heart, better than a liar any day. So much better being straight than fake, nothing wrong with your sense of humour, i get people hating me for being real but i wont change. Your books will sell like hot cakes with amount of intetesting things that happens in your daily life. Id be writing if i was u x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You have no idea the kind if stuff that happens to me, Infact half the time I have to pinch myself. I really couldn't make this **** up. I've had loads of weird, funny and down right odd things happen to me over the years. Everything from being robbed by a little old lady in a mobility scooter, to finding a 2 year old naked and covered in **** at a petrol station in the middle of a motorway at 3am. And that's not including the weird **** I experience at work dealing with Britain's least wanted. My life is very bizarre and I suppose compared to some peoples lives, down right strange.

On another note I've just had 2 lamb steaks with mint powder for supper. O.m.g. They were soooooo nice, I'm going to have to go get more of one from Sainsbury's meat counter.

Yikes defo funny stuff going on around you! What mint powder did you use! I need to get some streak or something I'm fed up of quorn fillets and chicken now!!!

Back