Kuromi's big journey diary

Hi new reader :)

Well today I've managed to get back down to 10.0 3/4 so that's a big drop from 2 days ago. That means I'm only 2 pounds off my original weight prior to the parties and stuff.
I'm actually considering staying sober on New Years rather than knacker up what I've managed to achieve this month.

Today I've had a shake for breakfast and some bacon and a lamb chop for dinner. Who knew all this meat is actually good for me? It's a good job I'm not a vegetarian otherwise I'd probably starve to death. Mind you, I'd probably not have ever made 13 stone if I'd been a veggie.

I changed my hair again today. This is a regular thing btw incase you are wondering why every week I seem to be dying my hair. God bless whoever made colour removers available over the counter as I spend as much on those as I do the dyes. Because of all the lightening stuff that is in the dye I've been using for ages the mid lengths of my hair won't hold colour any more and are a lovely orange hue. I've tried using a darker shade of purple on the ends to see if it would hold better and the blue base would counteract the orange but it seems not to be working. Only one way to sort it - black. I now have 2 tone hair with bright purple roots and black ends. Think a dip dye in reverse. Meh, it sorts the problem out of having brown ends where the colour fades after a few washes and goes a wishy washy brown colour. This should look quite nice after another wash to lighten it slightly. Will post pics again at some point.

I've been looking at steam punk & cyber style clothing and have picked a few items, but being as I can't get them delivered before New a years I may as well wait until next month to order them as I may have lost a bit more by then too. I'm actually quite nervous about ordering even though they give measurements as it's all in CM and I've been using inches so far. Plus I'll have to get the tape measure out and see what my measurements are these days. I know the top of my thigh is 22" as I had to measure that bit yesterday as I was having my jeans taken in again. It's a good job I'm not paying for this service otherwise I'd have spent the price of these jeans 8 times over. It's a shame I can't find a similar design to replace my favourite pairs so I don't have to keep hacking them up, but I figured I've got nothing to loose as I can't wear them the size they are now anyway, so if it doesn't work I'll just have to bin them.

Well done on getting back to 10st. Your foods sounds yummy!! I was a veggie for so long, now i cant stop eating meat as if im making up for it. Actually i turned a veggie cos i thought it would help me lose weight but it was the opposite.

Cant wait for new yrs to come, 2 parties in a row. Hoping not to gain lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had more lamb for tea and then realised I'd actually only had 2gs of carbs all day so therefore had a small portion of trifle as it's got to be binned tomorrow as it's out of date. Feeling guilty despite it being only 24gs which takes me to still less than 30gs all day. But I guess the guilt is a good thing as less likely to eat rubbish if I actually feel bad about it.

Praying for quick ketosis and to be back to 9.12 by New Years as I'm seeing some friends I've not seen for a while so would be nice to feel good about my appearance as I actually feel quite fat and bloated at the moment. I know compared to how I was 4 months ago I'm no where near as bad as that, but I think this weeks food has made me more self conscious about it as I've spent 3 days feeling full and nauseous from eating so much and also feeling guilty. I still feel guilty now despite dropping back down. I think diets should come with some kind of warning that they will mess with your head and make you feel bad about pretty much anything that doesn't come in a white or silver pack and require water.

Aww i no that feeling after eating something naughty. Trifles arent so high in carbs but it s high fat cos of the cream but atleast carb wise was low. I love the fact i can eat unlimited meats for no carbs at all, even tho i feel full my weight still drops or stay stable but its a big help. Are u still taking that carb blocker thing?

Yes when I actually remember to take them. I had them in my bag over Xmas but forgot most meals. I took them today with the trifle however so at least that 24gs of carbs was reduced. Depending on the cream the fat shouldn't be too bad as I've been eating the squirty cream as it's low in pretty much everything if you buy the light version. I've decided not to buy any more though as it only tends to last me 4 uses... And I don't actually need it, I just got obsessed that I'd found something I could have as a treat which was low calorie and low carb.

I have ordered the Aria Fitbit scale and a Fitbit Flex this evening. I was hoping for one for Xmas but the OH didn't pick up on my hints so I've ordered them myself. The scales are coming via Amazon and the band I'm collecting from argos tomorrow. Can't believe they are out of stock pretty much everywhere. I could have got one from Amazon on Monday for the same price, but figured if I'm not saving much I may as well go get it myself and have it tomorrow to get to grips with on my day off. I'm hoping this will motivate me to be more active and also give me a good indication of what I'm actually doing and how to improve myself.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about the scales are those that read your body fat, water etc (like my current ones should do but don't) and the band monitors everything you do throughout the day, even sleeping and both items sync to a phone ap that also works in conjunction with myfitnesspal, so I can log my foods on there as normal (their database is better than the fitbit one) and it syncs to the fitbit ap which then deducts your daily calorie output against it and shows you if you are in the best zone for loosing weight, staying stationary or gaining. Naturally carbs we be harder to monitor via fitbit but that's the good side of having myfitnesspal as that will keep tabs on my carbs and as long as I'm below my ketosis threshold I should be ok.

The band also has a few perks such as it monitors your sleep patterns and works out the optimal time to wake you so you wake up feeling refreshed and not tired. It also vibrates to wake you so it doesn't wake your OH when sharing a bed. Not that I care about that as he wakes me up enough times.

I'm quite excited now and wish Argos was open 24 hours. Roll on 2020 when shops never close.

Well I ventured into the city centre to go get my band - Sunday shoppers have the collective average IQ of a inbred cocker spaniel. If I wasn't irate enough being stuck behind idiot Sunday drivers who are scared because there was a frost last night, then I got to mingle amongst people who seem to think because there is a lowered curb it's a crossing and stand in the middle of the road shouting at cars they just walked out infront of when they get a horn. I could feel them sapping my IQ lower by the minute.
Luckily I managed to get parked (god bless having a small car as I was able to stick it under a structural support in the car park whereas everyone else with big cars were queuing to fight over spaces) get through the shopping centre, to Argos and back in under 20 minutes.

Went home (no traffic as they were all going into the city, not out of it at 11am) and put some bacon in the air fryer whilst setting up my fitbit band. It was easy enough and apparently whilst tidying the spare room I have covered the equivalent of 2.5 miles. Quite impressed as it doesn't appear to be picking up my general movements but does actually record my steps around the house. I now have a nice clean room with enough space for my new Pilates mat & ball (a spontaneous purchase whilst in Argos as I wanted a mat, so figured I'd pay a little bit more and get the ball, 2 bands & weights while at it) so this evening I also did half an hour of Pilates as I found some programmes on my iPad, so I have quite a nice set up as I stream my music via my phone to my new blue tooth speaker, and set my iPad up so I can see the screen and follow the programme. Very happy I finally got it done as it's been bugging me for months after patiently waiting for my OH to sort through the stuff stacked in there as he kept promising me he'd do it - 6 months I've been waiting. I don't bother having a "honey do" list these days, instead I have a "F**k it! I'll do it myself list" and amazingly more stuff gets done.

So today's food has been bacon, chocolate shake, tuna omelette with sweet chilli Philadelphia and then a chocolate Truffa bar (which it turns out is exactly the same as the one I bought from that company that shall not be named) as the packaging is exact only S&S put a white label on theirs. Now will have to work out which is cheaper to buy from for next time, although I'll stick with the shakes from TCTSNBN (that company that shall not be named - I'll have to start calling it that as I can't type the actual name of their brand on here for some reason). Today's carbs come in at 27g and to be on the same side I've also had some carb blockers. Still don't think I'm back in ketosis yet as not had the rank breath, although I'm not hungry. Will give it a few more days and try my sticks. Also today's weight is still 10.0 3/4 which although it's not as good as I'd like at least it's not going up. Hopefully I'll start going down again soon, but at least I don't feel bloated now, Infact I think my stomach as flattened (well, as flat as it gets at the moment) back down from the Christmas binge. Maybe the Pilates programme will help with that too - would be nice to have a flat stomach as I don't actually ever remember a time when I ever had one. I can only assume I did at some point in my life and probably just didn't realise it at the time. Either way, I'm determined to try and get one before I hit 40.

Oh and I also had a quick look at surgery prices last night Tam - probably going to cost best part of 6k depending on where you go. It is cheaper to go to Belgium (about 2k which seems such a big drop it's worrying me) allegedly, but I'm not going to worry too much about that just yet, let's see what the next few months brings.

Sounds like u had an eventful day. Had me smiling about the company that cannot be named lol.

I love pilates, i like to think im flexible lol, cant do a whole half hr tho cos im like a little kid, cant be in one place for too long unless im sleeping.

Bit confusing how water weight can sometimes be so stubborn to come off. Are u drinking enough water? Even tho its better sts than going up. I do love your motivation and the strong will power u have, u will be a good maintainer once u hit goal with that attitude.

With regards to the implant yea i did figure that id better do it abroad like my sister had done. At the time think she paid 3-5 grand. Its worth it tho. Actually im thinking of going all out, maybe a tummy tuck, not sure if im eligible for one but i want a firm looking and when im sitting down lol. Im too lazy to work out everyday.

Ohh u wont be worried when u see ur perfect new boobs. ?. It might even encourage me to do skinny dipping lol

Hey Kuro! Hope you had a good Christmas :)

Just caught up on your diary, enjoyed reading it as always!

Hi Sag, glad to see you are back with us :)

Today's morning weigh in was still 10.0 3/4 however after a few hours of work, some more water, lots of trips to the loo and a nap I'm now at 9.12 3/4 odd how it seems to only ever drop when I've stayed still for a bit and slept. Even going down after a day of moving about seems rare these days.

I totally know what you mean about staying still - I did 30 mins and not an hour as I wanted to go do other things. Infact the only thing I lost myself in for hours was the Xbox with various dance games, but currently our living room hasn't got the space for dancing about. I intend to get rid of the coffee table then I'll have more room and may actually invest in a Dance game for myself being as the OH got an xbox one for Christmas from Santa...
Although I have a slight ache in my tummy muscles today which could either be from the Pilates or because of this damn cough I've still got 3 weeks on. Venos must think I've taken out shares in their cough medicines as I've had about 5 bottles now, soon to be 6 when I go to the shops again. Might attempt that other awful brand Corononia or whatever it's called. Don't know why I'm worried about spelling as the forum will probably block that too.

So Anyhoo, I'm excited for my new scales arriving and seeing my progress including break downs of percentages of fat etc. I thought about getting those from Argos but they had all sold out at every Argos in the area, which is about 8 stores apparently. And I thought the Co-op was spreading like some untreated STD.

Feeling a bit run down today, didn't sleep well last night as it was a Sunday. I'm pretty sure that's because of the psychologies damaged by school that's made me hate Sunday nights even though I'm now 33 and my job is hardly worth loosing sleep over.

Speaking of my job I should really update my blog about today's experience. And then get some mind bleach.

Quick update. It's day 74 - seems like only a month ago I started this.

I've had an email to say my scales are due to be delivered tomorrow which is awesome as I choose slow, free postage and it was predicted to be arriving about the 7th, so I'm really excited. Although I'm at the dentist first thing so knowing my luck it'll arrive whilst I'm out and they'll take it away again.

Today's food has been porridge, a peanut hot drink (I'd never seen one before and I found a tub of it in a supermarket so decided to try it, quite nice if like me you love peanut butter), chicken with sweet chilli Philadelphia and some cheese jalapeños that I bought reduced (another thing I've got a taste for ever since discovering chilli cheese bites at Burger King), and a Banana shake for supper.

I think I have a problem (well, I know I have many, but just identified another) which is I feel a need to buy chocolate even when I know I'm not going to eat it. I don't feel the need to eat it but I find a need to keep buying it. I now have so much rammed in the draw in the kitchen that I've had to start a new draw. I had a chuck out beginning of December as well and threw out any that was out of date and I've gone and bought loads of reduced chocolates from Christmas whilst out shopping. Ok, so it wasn't all me, the OH had some input into this as well, but I still think a carrier bag full of sweets is perhaps a bit much being as I'm trying to now eat healthy. At least I don't feel the need to eat it all, and am content just knowing I have it in there SHOULD the apocalypse hit and all chocolate factories shut down.

Oh and I have a weird taste in my mouth so am hoping this is ketosis kicking in. However it's Sod's law that of course it will happen now so my dentist has to breathe in my foul odour in the morning after I've had a few months of having nice fresh breath. Will be doing extra mouth wash and breath spray tomorrow and hoping she has a face mask.

Ooh let me know how you find the Fitbit. I'm thinking of getting one soon so would be interested to know how it performs :)

Hope it arrives while you're at home! Good luck at the dentist....I'm seeing mine next month. I'm almost 28 and I'm getting braces. FML.

My scales were delivered today :) took me a while to get them set up as the file on the pc wouldn't work so I had to set them up via my iPad which worked a treat. The only downside is they don't do the .25s of a pound on the display, so if like me you are stuck that the same weight for a few days you cant even tell if it's gone down by even a quarter of a pound. But otherwise they appear to be working fairly well.

The dentist was just a check up today as I sacrificed most of my appointment time for the OH to get a temporary filling put in as he's broken his tooth. And he's going to be costing a small fortune over the next few months as he hates dentists so has let his teeth get to the point where he needs about 6 filling and one taking out. Joy.
I however am having my last 3 silver fillings changed to white ones, which is not desperate as they are all ok at the moment. I've decided to do it for 2 reasons. 1 so I don't have horrible grey bits in photos and secondly because my mum nearly died of mercury poisoning which was linked back to her fillings. So therefore I'd rather not risk it and have mine swapped.

Went shopping again - really must stop soon as I've spent loads on new things this last few months. But today's purchases have made me happy. I've bought some PVC leather look trousers and a jumper. The trousers are a 10 and I decided they would have to do as I doubt I'd get in an 8, not that they had any on the shelves, although they gape ever so slightly at the back, but nothing a belt or a few stitches won't cure. I also bought a gorgeous fluffy jumper but the smallest they had was in a 12, as it's one of the most popular ones in Topshop at the moment and I saw one once, um'd and ah'd about it and watched it leave in someone else's bag and have not seen any more until today. But now I've got it home and tried it on the size 12 looks huge on me which because it's cropped means it actually looks big, not just a case of I'm wearing a baggy jumper. I can't decide what to do about it just yet so will see if I end up wearing it tonight and if not then I'll order one of the few remaining offline and get it delivered to store then take the other one back for a refund. I hate those shops that tell you when something is low stock as I end up buying it on impulse rather than risking missing out.

I decided to buy warm yet nice looking stuff as we are going to a pub tonight but there's a live band in a marquee so although I don't remember it being freezing last year, I'm making sure I have some layers just incase. And as nice as my snow trousers are they might be a little overkill for the pub. And anyone who has ever worn those PVC trousers will know that they keep you warm. So teamed with my knee high boots and a top and possibly a jumper I should be snug enough.

I'm also thinking about driving so I don't have to drink. Although I'm still not convinced I'm back in ketosis so probably could get away with it, I think I'd rather save the messing about trying to get a taxi at god knows what time in the morning when every single taxi firm in the area will have their phones ringing off the hooks from 11pm. I do remember that from last year and ended up getting my mum to come pick us up after trying to get a taxi for over an hour. Seriously there were taxis pulling up for other people and me asking if they could book us one and them refusing telling me to ring their base. I'm trying to get through and it's constantly engaged and you won't just radio through and book one on my behalf nor let me use your radio to do it myself. If it wasn't so far away I'd have walked.

Good morning, I would say so far that the flex band is worth the money compared to the Aria scales, unless you can buy them cheap somewhere (like £30 cheap). I like the fact I don't have to keep inputting my data everywhere but it's also frustrating that they don't show anything more than a whole pound. For example I checked on my other scales and they claim today I'm 9.12 1/4 but the Aria is still registering it as 9.13 on the chart as the figure is above a round figure of 9.12. So although the Aria shows I've not lost anything, the original scales show I've lost .5 pounds.

If you have a decent pair of scales then you can input your weight manually and get the same results pretty much. I've also found my body fat percentage seems to be different every time I weigh, which is difficult to get an actual idea of my real percentage. I

thought the phone aps seemed very basic for the products but I've discovered that the website is far more interesting so I tend to go to that a few times a day now too as it's got charts and things rather than just numbers. You can open it on your smart phone/tablet and it works just fine.

So I went out last night and stayed in the diet coke and a bar and avoided the multiple bags of family sized crisps that were doing the rounds. Get me being all determined and hardcore. I'm glad I did as I'd probably be feeling rough and be beating myself up about now about ruining my plan again, so it was totally worth the whole of £11 that it cost me to go out last night. Plus I drove all my friends home which saved everyone a fortune in taxis and not standing around listening to engaged tones for hours on end like we did last year. With the exception of one friend, everyone else also didn't appear to drink that much. The guy who did spent most of his night outside throwing up, and getting him home without him covering my car proved to be a challenge, but true to our reputations us women solved the problem by managing to make a makeshift sick bag/bucket out of various things we retrieved from behind the bar, so we got him home with no splash damage. Joy.

I'm going to get out of bed in a moment and maybe do some Pilates then have a bath, then go take my jumper back. I didn't wear it and the OH also said it looks weird as it's too short and looks too wide, which was my verdict. Such a shame as it's a lovely colour and matches my hair. Oh well.
My PVC trousers held up well and kept me nice and warm. Can't believe how well they fitted as when I picked them off the shelf I thought "there's no way they are going to fit" so I was amazed when I got them on with no trouble as I expected to be literally dragging them on and jumping up and down trying to haul them up. And I also noticed a few people checking me out. One was a large women who looked me up and down in disgust when I walked in and the other times was men, surprisingly *sarcasm*. I didn't let it go to my head but it was nice to not suddenly feel paranoid, like they must be laughing, I'm being ridiculed and instead actually think yeah, I know I look fine so therefore it's all good.
And it's now nice to be able to wear trousers without a belt and them stay up. I never worked out how that worked as I always had to wear a belt and was convinced that my jeans must be too big if they are always falling down, whereas in reality it was my gut & ass pushing them downwards as I couldn't actually pull them up enough. Weird how by loosing weight my trousers now actually stay in place, you'd think I'd need a belt more these days but apparently bodies are weird and don't like to conform to logic. Or mine at least. But it is nice to not have a belt always sticking in me and having a smooth line under my clothes with no lumpy belt buckle.
Also it's nice now being able to wear my trousers inside my boots without them being so tight they risk splitting the zip and leaving me with big fabric indents. I've got my boots on the tightest buckles (they are adjustable) and I can still do them up without resistance. This is a very good sign as before I used to have to sit trying to pinch the sides together and pull the zip up without trapping any skin even on the biggest zip setting. So even if I didn't measure myself to see how much I've lost from various places my old clothes give me little moments of joy like this and make me feel normal. Well, by normal I mean still the same old insane me, just slimmer.

Yes I have some photos on this diary and also in the photo albums on my profile if you want to check them out. I haven't taken any new pics yet as I took my last ones at 10.8' so was going to wait until I lost a few more pounds and am about 9.8 then do another set then that leaves one more at my (new) goal.

And yes it is great now being able to fit into things as before I was having to buy bigger sizes for my thighs but it appears they have caught up a bit recently as I bought those trousers yesterday and today I went to my new favourite shop, Sports Direct, and bought some Golddigga jeans in a 10 and they also fit nicely. I am still in a bit of disbelief that I'm actually able to comfortably wear size 10 things now and still find myself buying larger sizes convinced the smaller ones won't fit and am now having to take them back. But at least now instead of shame faced having to explain to the (usually very pretty slim) girl behind the til that I need a larger size I can stand there and look smug when I tell them it's too big. Wasn't able to do my exchanges today however because although the shopping centre was advertised as open, 80% of the shops in there were shut, including the 2 I wanted to go to. Oh well, I'll go again tomorrow after work. At least it gets me walking and out the house for a bit.

My OH has already decided he's putting off his diet for another day and requested we have the Christmas dinner we usually have on Xmas Eve that kinda got missed this year today instead. I've reluctantly agreed and have stood in the kitchen weighing and scanning all the food so I can know exactly what I'm having. So far I've managed a turkey dinner with a Yorkshire pudding, mashed potato, roast potatoes, croquette potatoes, roast parsnips, cauliflower and gravy for a mere 41 carbs. Excellent. And I'm not over my calories either. Now just waiting while it's all cooking. It was hard trying to find the smallest potatoes and things but now I'm comfortable that I'm not going over my carb allowance with it, and I'll also have my carb blockers for good measure.

Oh and even more great news - today I am 9.11 that is a new low number for me and the lowest I have been in.... Like forever. Yayness *happy dance*

Wow those nines!!! I'm same with thighs everything gapes on the waist (well it used to, nothing gapes at the moment haha) and is tight on the thighs

Pretty good dinner there for those carbs :) I've just made my lot bacon and eggs and they left some so I fed it to the cats *sob* but I really want to do this properly and not mess around with little cheats etc coos it's a slippery slope, I'd start with carb free stuff, then the odd bite of something carby before you know it I've got my face in a bag of chocolate peanuts :)

I'll check your pics when hubby stops hogging the laptop! Love before and after pics they're the best :)

Back