Kuromi's big journey diary

Hi Kuromi!

I'm thinking of switching to Slim & Save in a month or so and just have a question, how do you make sure you're in ketosis? I looked at all the nutritional info for the meals and shakes and there seems to be a lot of carbs in them, so much so that if you had 3 shakes and a VLCD meal on the simplicity plan then you'd be having more carbs than is recommended to stay in ketosis.

Thanks x

I didn't, that's why I dropped slim & save, but then again I seem to have a lower tolerance for carbs.

S&S claim that you can have up to 70g of carbs a day and stay in ketosis. My safe limit seems to be about 50g. When I switched to them I got knocked out of ketosis and gained 5lb which if you look back over my diary you can read all about as I was distraught. S&S weren't very helpful on the matter stating that they had millions of happy customers so their diet works. Guess that makes me one in a million, as it didn't for me.

On their website they have a free diary section where you can log what you've eaten and it will show you if you are within your carb limit, assuming you can have their recommended amount and stay within ketosis.

I now use their meal packs (being as I bought 28 days worth for the OH who then changed his mind when it all arrived) for one meal a day otherwise 16g of carbs soon becomes 32g which in turn becomes too many.

I didn't, that's why I dropped slim & save, but then again I seem to have a lower tolerance for carbs.

S&S claim that you can have up to 70g of carbs a day and stay in ketosis. My safe limit seems to be about 50g. When I switched to them I got knocked out of ketosis and gained 5lb which if you look back over my diary you can read all about as I was distraught. S&S weren't very helpful on the matter stating that they had millions of happy customers so their diet works. Guess that makes me one in a million, as it didn't for me.

On their website they have a free diary section where you can log what you've eaten and it will show you if you are within your carb limit, assuming you can have their recommended amount and stay within ketosis.

I now use their meal packs (being as I bought 28 days worth for the OH who then changed his mind when it all arrived) for one meal a day otherwise 16g of carbs soon becomes 32g which in turn becomes too many.
Ah, I remember you mentioning that! I thought there seemed to be a lot of carbs in their products, I guess I'll have to be careful which ones I have, thanks for letting me know :)

Their chocolate mint shake is lowest in carbs and avoid the spaghetti as that's high. One is ok, I think the spicy one, but the other has over 20gs in it. You'd have to check which one is which.

Their chocolate mint shake is lowest in carbs and avoid the spaghetti as that's high. One is ok, I think the spicy one, but the other has over 20gs in it. You'd have to check which one is which.

Oh gosh have ordered a few spag bols n spicy spag m cottage pies :( hmmm dint realise damnn ....

I would imagine you'll be fine at their recommended level. I only know of one other person on here that needed to keep below their recommended level, so I wouldn't worry at this stage about something that might not even affect you.

Lipotrim contains 15g carbs, so you guys should be fine as you are supposed to have 150g ish a day if you weren't dieting, so at S&S's 70g a day you are still below half the daily recommended allowance.

Day 95 and I am seriously hankering for chocolate. Even after having something chocolate flavoured I still want more. I've even taken to having squares of 90% cocoa chocolate which I would have never touched prior to dieting, but now it's he healthiest choice if you are going to indulge. I hoped a few squares of that would help but I still want to eat the entire contents of the fridge.

Lesson learnt for next weekend that when we go out for the night, I am sticking to vodka and diet coke and leaving the carb heavy baileys well alone as I'm sure that's what's screwed me up. I'm pretty sure I've not got back into ketosis since last weekend as being out of ketosis made me crave things and I've had a few days where I've had more calories or carbs (or both) than I should have so think I've delayed myself getting back in it.

I think tomorrow I'm going to try and make myself sick of chocolate by having Chocolate shakes all day so hopefully by tea time the sheer thought of chocolate makes me feel ill. I think that's what I need in order to get back in the game. Or I eat the entire chocolate draw in the fridge and make myself sick of it that way so then I won't want any for at least a few months. Probably plan A has less damage involved, so maybe that's the plan I should attempt first. Plan B can be the reserve.

Don't really want to go back to just shakes but I may need to be cruel to be kind (to myself). I'm working all day Tues from 7:30am til 9pm so that will be a little harder, but I can at least limit myself to what I eat whilst at work, it's just making sure I don't eat when I get home hungry that's the challenge. And being as I'm not in ketosis I'm always hungry this last few days. Must resist and stay strong.

Saw a good quote today which should inspire me: "these people are better than me anyway. The reason they're better than me of course is because they don't give up and wallow in self pity for months. So enough of this behaviour I'm going to follow my dream."

Good idea having choc shakes all day to feel sick of chocolate, I crave chocs all the time x

Hey hun. If your craving chocolate try the low carb chocolate bar from holland and baratt
They do hit the spot for just 89p a bar. I no how frustrating it can be to want something and fighting not to have it. Dont give up your so close to goal now. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey guys, thanks for the support. im currently having 90% chocolate in order to satisfy my cravings but its not doing much to keep them at bay. i reckon i could easily eat that entire bar in one sitting right now. had a real lazy day and done pretty much nothing. actually thats a lie, its been a lazy weekend, not just today. on the plus side ive not spent much money as ive not been out the house. guess thats not doing much towards my calorie burning though. tomorrow will be better as ill be at the gym at lunch all being well, and get some miles in that way. off to the pub shortly so will take my newest discovery with me which is Beyond Dark. they are dark chocolate niblets and they come in mini 36g bags and are 189 cals but only 11g carbs. there is original dark chocolate and then dark chocolate and orange or raspberry. Very nice to make sure i dont over eat (ie an entire bar when i set out to only have 2 squares). well i'm hoping for a better day tomorrow as today ive already spent my calories and ive only eaten breakfast. i had mushrooms, bacon and scrambled egg with hot chocolate and then 2 squares of chocolate. ive yet to have a shake then my bag of niblets at the pub when the sandwiches arrive and thats me done. *sigh*

Last edited:
Hey , how did the chocolate crave work out? Those niblets things sounds lush. Xx

Well I've had 2 chocolate shakes and 2 hot chocolates today and I'm still not off chocolate as I could quite happily sit and eat my body weight in the stuff.

Not sure what to do with myself as I've been and used the sun shower, had a bath and my stomach is growling. I want to eat something but at the same time I've no idea what to do as I want to stick to shakes today but also I'm a bit demotivated as I'm still the same weight as yesterday even after drinking my water and having just shakes today, I hoped to see something to spur me on, but so far nothing.

I guess I should go make myself a shake but then as soon as the OH starts his dinner I'll want that too, and it's just as hard now as it was when I first started LT and had to watch him eating junk food. Infact he annoys me as he's still eating crisps, peanuts, biscuits etc and then moans at me that he's not lost weight. I'm getting rather hacked off about it all.

I did have someone pay me a compliment at dinner time. One of my male colleagues was standing on the scales as I walked past in the gym, so I joked "you don't want to do that as it makes you depressed" and he started asking me about my loss and saying how amazed they were at how much I've lost. Then the women mentioned it in the changing room (only after I asked what diet they were on when they were talking about their losses this week, as god forbid any female in our place acknowledges another has lost weight or compliments another) and one said "you don't need to loose weight so why are you dieting?" and when I told them that I'd started out as nearly 13 stone earlier last year they couldn't believe it. According to MFP I've lost 33lbs, but that's not from my heaviest as I didn't log my weight then as I was so embarrassed. The heaviest I logged on MFP was 12 stone exactly. I do have some printouts from when I went to the gym 2 years ago that I occasionally look back on and wonder how I stayed going for so long with so little losses to show for it. Mind you, I was in the old mind set of "I've worked out today so I can now go eat that entire 16" pizza to myself and treat myself to ice cream". Only now do I realise that's not how it works.

Guess I'll see how to evening pans out and decide what to do.

And yes, those niblet things are delicious. Because they are tiny chocolate buttons I can make them last by eating them one at a time. So yummy.

Oh i hate when im trying to satisfy my cravings and it just wont happen!! On the other hand its good to get compliments isnt it. U may feel better tomorrow. Xxx

Turns out the best way to loose weight for me is to have 3 shakes before 2pm, run 3 miles at lunch with a further 2 covered over the course of the day, drink 3 low cal hot chocolates by 7pm, have a domestic then go to bed at 8pm.

I've lost 3lb over night. Bout fecking time.

Awww. Kuromi well done!!! Maybe your body is sensitive to carbs. So happy for u. Finally lol. So whats the food plans for u today? Xxx

lol that's a loot of chocolate in one day Hun! I'm like you though. I never get sick of that stuff. Well done on seeing the progress at last!

M x

Day 95 and I am seriously hankering for chocolate. Even after having something chocolate flavoured I still want more. I've even taken to having squares of 90% cocoa chocolate which I would have never touched prior to dieting, but now it's he healthiest choice if you are going to indulge. I hoped a few squares of that would help but I still want to eat the entire contents of the fridge. Lesson learnt for next weekend that when we go out for the night, I am sticking to vodka and diet coke and leaving the carb heavy baileys well alone as I'm sure that's what's screwed me up. I'm pretty sure I've not got back into ketosis since last weekend as being out of ketosis made me crave things and I've had a few days where I've had more calories or carbs (or both) than I should have so think I've delayed myself getting back in it. I think tomorrow I'm going to try and make myself sick of chocolate by having Chocolate shakes all day so hopefully by tea time the sheer thought of chocolate makes me feel ill. I think that's what I need in order to get back in the game. Or I eat the entire chocolate draw in the fridge and make myself sick of it that way so then I won't want any for at least a few months. Probably plan A has less damage involved, so maybe that's the plan I should attempt first. Plan B can be the reserve. Don't really want to go back to just shakes but I may need to be cruel to be kind (to myself). I'm working all day Tues from 7:30am til 9pm so that will be a little harder, but I can at least limit myself to what I eat whilst at work, it's just making sure I don't eat when I get home hungry that's the challenge. And being as I'm not in ketosis I'm always hungry this last few days. Must resist and stay strong. Saw a good quote today which should inspire me: "these people are better than me anyway. The reason they're better than me of course is because they don't give up and wallow in self pity for months. So enough of this behaviour I'm going to follow my dream."
Oo ur goin out drinkin nx wekeend so am i hehe... Im thinkin a chi tomato pasta to get ot of keto half of it before n half of it after drinkin n then jumpin bk om plan the very nx day... And drinks wise vodka n coke or cranberry juice... And one barcadi coke, one jagerbomb and one tequila js to get me thru the nite n nothing more...wt u think? Xx

Also try turnin the choc shakes into paste like pudding double them its lush and tastes like choc i mix choc with one ther flavour shake n tht keeps me satisfied :) i have it last thing at nite lol x

Back