Lace & frills here I come! <3 <3 <3

who_la_hoop

Silver Member
I have decided that as it is a new year, I will start a diary - as a way of committing myself to FINALLY getting to target. I feel like I've been dithering about for too long now, gaining and losing the same weight, and as I've had a massive Christmas gain I think it's time I made a plan and gave myself the best chance of getting to target sooner rather than later! :D

I will update this later when I know exactly how much I've gained during my weeks off over crimbo and new year (I reckon about a stone! :eek:) but my tentative plan is (starting tomorrow):

[STRIKE]Week One: calorie counted kick-start week, Rosemary Conley style[/STRIKE] (done! 6 pounds off)
[STRIKE]Week Two: red week[/STRIKE] (done! 2 pounds off)
[STRIKE]Week Three: success express week[/STRIKE] (done! 1.5 pounds off)
Week Four: green week w/ scanbran challenge
Week Five: red week
Week Six: success express week

That will take me up to my birthday! So Week Seven will definitely be an ee week. After that, I'll reassess my goals and might just continue with ee. After all, I have lost a lot of weight doing 99% ee, so I know it works, hurrah! :D

I have a new physical diary for my handbag as well, ready to plot out my exercise in advance - that way I might actually stick to it, lol!

Oh - and I have called my diary 'lace & frills here I come' because I have plans for some lacey and/or frilly dresses when I get to target. Seems like the slimmer I get, the girlier I get! :D

Last edited:
OK, I have weighed in, and now I must face up to my monster gain - 11.5 pounds :eek: I'm hoping that I can get that off again in three weeks, ready to restart where I left off (10 stone 6.5) in February, woop woop!

Right, off to make an exercise plan for the coming week - hopefully I can wake up in time to do a legs, bums & tums class at the gym tomorrow morning!

Had a great day yesterday - first of my Rosemary Conley week. Wouldn't want to do this for longer than a week, lol, but I'm hoping I'll get a good kick-start loss and then back to SW for the rest of the year!

Noms were:

Breakfast - all bran with skimmed milk
Lunch - 2 slices toast with 40g low fat cheddar, sliced tomatoes and worcestershire sauce; big side salad. Two satsumas.
Dinner - bacon, sweet potato and spinach bake. WW strawberry yoghurt.

Also did a one hour legs, bums and tums class - my legs ache today!

Food plan for today (Rosemary Conley week day 2):

Breakfast - cornflakes with skimmed milk
Lunch - prawn stirfry
Dinner - roast veg and chickpea pasta
Snacks - apple, yoghurt.

Think I will do an exercise DVD this afternoon - followed by an epic bubblebath! I could spend my life in the bath, haha :D

Bed soon! Followed my food plan to the letter, yay. Exercise - I did the aerobics section of a Rosemary DVD and both aerobics sections of the MoS Pump It Up DVD. Legs ache now! Hope I can walk tomorrow morning, haha - though would be a good excuse to miss work if not :D

Have already made my lunch for tomorrow - feeling very industrious. Now I just need to remember to take it with me! My brain doesn't work very well in the morning...

A good start to the day - I remembered to take my lunch to work with me :D

Food plan for the day:
Breakfast - all bran w/ milk
Lunch - cheese sarnie with lots of salad
Dinner - spicy pork with cauliflower, broccoli and garlicy spinach
Snacks - satsuma, apple

I also plan on taking at least a half hour walk in my lunch break to get some exercise in.

I hate Mondays - I want to be back in bed, lol!

Last edited:
Day 3 complete! Ate sooo much veg with dinner yesterday, yum yum.

Okies! Food plan for day 4:

Breakfast - cornflakes and milk
Lunch - tuna with epic salad
Dinner - pepper and spring onion rice

Will be gyming it after work as well for half an hour or so.

Now, better get my bum off the sofa and get ready for work! Feeling optimistic about a good loss this week - I've been an angel so far :D Actually looking forward to Friday! Hopefully I can meet my first goal of 4 pounds off to 'regain' my four and half stone loss. (Actually, hopefully it'll be 4.5 pounds so I can get back into the 10s, lol.) :cross:

Ooooh, lunch was yum yum. Had a mahoosive pile of celery, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, cucumber and spring onions with a tin of tuna - it tasted very healthy and now I feel very virtuous, haha! :D

I need to sit on my hands now, rather than spend more money internet shopping in my lunch break....!

Woo! Just about to get into a lovely bubble bath before bed. Had another good food day. Stuck to my plan, but added a few more veggies to dinner, along with a tsp of parmesan cheese. Had a couple of kiwis for pud, nom.

Exercise - did my gym workout as planned, along with a brisk half hour walk. *polishing my halo* I did have a wobble when I walked past the vending machine at the station, but I stayed firm and thought of WI on Friday! :D

Looks like you're doing well. And well done on not using the vending machine!!

Looks like you're doing well. And well done on not using the vending machine!!

Thanks, hon! And yes, it was a victory! :D I'll be glad to get back to my beloved SW after this calorie-counting week - so boooooring.

Okies, food plan for today!

B - all bran and milk
L - chicken soup (was going to be a sarnie but I was too sleepy this morning to get my arse in gear and make it, oops!)
D - pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce
Snacks - apple, satsuma

Will take a walk during my lunchbreak, methinks, to get in a bit of the ol' body magic.

Feeling quite positive today! It's amazing how true it is that one good day leads to another - once I'm back on track, it's so much easier to stay on track. And I feel a lot healthier as well now I'm eating a mound of veggies - yay vitamins and minerals, lol! Sadly, you don't really get those in crisps! :D

I ate my food as planned yesterday. Today's food plan!

B - cornflakes and milk
L - big tuna salad with peppers, spring onion, carrot, celery, tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli
D - chicken stew
Snacks - two kiwis, a satsuma

Just ate my lunch and I am absolutely STUFFED. Not sure why veggies are so filling, lol - I bet I'll be starving in an hour! Feeling a bit blue as I'm due star week in a couple of days and already have pain and bloating, so I guess I'm a bit early (I always seem to get bad pains when I'm early - mostly, I'm regular as clockwork). But trying to be upbeat - I WILL get this weight off, and I WILL get to target. Sooner rather than later!

I kind of wish that I hadn't put so much weight on over Christmas and the new year, but then again I wouldn't wanted to have been saintly - that would have been terribly dull :D With any luck I'll be back where I was by February, and then if I try really hard maybe I can be ten stone dead on by my birthday at the end of the month. That would be lovely!

Hey,

You sounds like your doing really well! Especially with the exercise which is where I'm struggling the most, I lack motivation in that area. I reckon you'll definitely make your 4lb loss goal at your weigh in. Although you do put on about 3-5lbs during time of the month, so don't be disheartened if you haven't lost as much as you wanted to, it will come off the next week, happened to me last week.

Keep up the good work!

:)

Thanks, Tabitha - and well done on your first WI! :) Are you liking the Slimming World plan so far?

I don't mind exercise - I just find it hard to get motivated to actually go and do it! I have a gym buddy, so that helps :) And I do like the way that exercise makes me feel when I'm done - all chilled out and virtuous! :D

Yes I'm loving the SW, took a while to get my head round it though, I've always been naughty and done stupid crash diets for quick weight loss so this is taking some getting used to. But I swear I'm eating more food than I did before and losing weight!

I used to do Zumba for a bit last year with some friends and I did love that, need to get back into a routine but just find it hard to do anything working full time, I just want to come and a sit down!

My husband was on about going for a run a few nights a week as we live in the country, might give that a go when it gets a bit lighter outside!

Keep up the good work! X

Yeah, I remember being reeeeeally confused on my first week of SW, but it soon becomes second nature :) I've been doing it nearly a year now! :eek:

I work full time too, and I know what you mean about wanting to come in and just sit down after work - which is why I go straight to the gym, haha. Once my bum has hit that sofa there's no way I'm going!

Food plan for today:

B - all bran and milk
L - chicken soup (was going to be a sarnie, but my bread was out of date, ick)
D - pasta with a tomato and fennel sauce

WI tonight! Have my fingers and toes crossed for a nice loss. Was going to do a class tonight as my boyfriend said he'd be out, but he's now saying he'll be in, so I guess I'll just do a gym workout with him as usual.

Now I think I'll go out and do some shopping - er, I mean, body magic! Walking to the shops is definitely body magic! :D

Hope WI tonight goes well! Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

Hurrah! Six pounds off. Back down to 10 stone 12. Pretty good, considering it's star week!

Really didn't feel like going to the gym tonight, but I did half an hour on the cross-trainer, and though I didn't have much energy I did work up quite a sweat! Looking forward to a lovely bubble bath in a few mins.

Food was as planned tonight, though I did have a sneaky sprinkle of cheese on my dinner - run out of fruit though, so I didn't have any snacks and probably didn't go over my calories much, if at all.

Back to Slimming World tomorrow! Will plan a week of nommy red meals. Looking forward to it! Have a friend over on Sunday so I might cook a curry feast :)

Back