Ladies 5'9'' and over

MaxieP

Hi,

Just thought I would ask what weight you are aiming for. I'm just over 5'9'' and even at 10st 7lbs thought I could do with losing a few pounds. I know that build etc plays a large part, but I just wondered what you were aiming for weight wise as I'm trying to be realistic. I'm a medium build, a bit pear shaped and with a great pair of child-bearing hips!! I think I'm going to aim for 11st 7lbs and then take it from there.

Thanks in advance for sharing

Maxie xx

Im 5ft 9 and a larger build. Big hands, wrists and size 10 feet. Im aiming for 12stone. Ill be a easy size 14 then. Small enough for me.

Hi,

Just thought I would ask what weight you are aiming for. I'm just over 5'9'' and even at 10st 7lbs thought I could do with losing a few pounds. I know that build etc plays a large part, but I just wondered what you were aiming for weight wise as I'm trying to be realistic. I'm a medium build, a bit pear shaped and with a great pair of child-bearing hips!! I think I'm going to aim for 11st 7lbs and then take it from there.

Maxie xx

Hi Maxie

I'm 5ft 9in and small build my wrist is 6" and shoe size 6. I was aiming for 10stone 7pounds. I reached 11 stone and then with Xmas didn't get to goal. After Xmas I have joined the gym and put on more weight. I have decided to change my goal weight to get back to 11 stone and if I get under that all the good. I think you are right to set your goal at an easily achievable goal and if you lose more fine. If you set the goal too low you may feel disappointed which I did.

Good luck with your journey.

You'll be there in no time.

Dizzy x

Hi,

Maxie xx

I'm about the same height and I'm aiming for 11st 7 too :)

Edit: How do I know what build I am? anyone know how to work it out? I've got size 8 feet!

I'm 5' 9" as well and I am aiming for 12 stones but if I want to lose another stone to get back to my original weight, then I would do it. It just depends on how I feel!

I'm 5' 9" as well and I am aiming for 12 stones but if I want to lose another stone to get back to my original weight, then I would do it. It just depends on how I feel!

Very wise. It will be the best feeling to achieve your goal and even better every extra pound you chip off.

Dizzy x

I must admit ive never been close to being slim as an adult so may well get to 12 st and decide i could go further. All i know is that prechildbirth, at 14 st i was a size 16. never been close to that since so who knows.

I'm about the same height and I'm aiming for 11st 7 too :)

Edit: How do I know what build I am? anyone know how to work it out? I've got size 8 feet!

11 stone 7lb is an excellent goal for your height.

If you go to ediets they have a frame size calculator. I think for small frame it is wrist meaurement below 61/4 inches I think medium was 7inches.

Dizzy x

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Agree it's better to set the target a little higher and think of anything else as a bonus. I've not really worked out what build I am in any specific way. I've got size 8/9 feet but just guessed I was a medium build as I don't think I could ever be skinny!

Maxie

11 stone 7lb is an excellent goal for your height.

If you go to ediets they have a frame size calculator. I think for small frame it is wrist meaurement below 61/4 inches I think medium was 7inches.

Dizzy x

My wrist is just a tiny bit over 6 inches, shows me as small framed - really suprised, especially with my big feet :confused:

I'm 5'9 ish (nice to know there are so many of us! :D)

I am currently circa size 18 top and size 20 trousers. I've been told by some (inc some girls on here) that 10St would be too much for me to lose. I'm aiming for 12St and will see how I feel after that.

HTHs :)

My wrist is just a tiny bit over 6 inches, shows me as small framed - really suprised, especially with my big feet :confused:

I should still stick with your goal weight though. It can be surprising people alsways insisted I was a large build when I was heavier i think just because I'm tall and carried the weight quite evenly over my body.

Don't suppose the wrist measurement is conclusive anyway but it will be interesting to see how you look and feel at and below your goal weight.

Dizzy x

I should still stick with your goal weight though. It can be surprising people alsways insisted I was a large build when I was heavier i think just because I'm tall and carried the weight quite evenly over my body.

Don't suppose the wrist measurement is conclusive anyway but it will be interesting to see how you look and feel at and below your goal weight.

Dizzy x

Yes I carry mine all over too.

Ooh yes can't wait to see how I'll feel at my goal weight :D Bring it on!!!

Well ladies, I'm 5 ft 8, medium build (surprisingly I thought I was large!!), with size 7 feet. I had originally planned to get to 10 and half stone, but after consultation with my wonderful CDC we have decided on about 11.7 and see how we go from there. I look reasonably slim now (first time in my life) and am comfortably in a 14 (which I never though I'd be) but am quite broad shouldered (swam a lot as a child/teenager) so .. it's a question of waiting and seeing!!

Sorry if this got a bit rambly!!

Well ladies, I'm 5 ft 8, medium build (surprisingly I thought I was large!!), with size 7 feet. I had originally planned to get to 10 and half stone, but after consultation with my wonderful CDC we have decided on about 11.7 and see how we go from there. I look reasonably slim now (first time in my life) and am comfortably in a 14 (which I never though I'd be) but am quite broad shouldered (swam a lot as a child/teenager) so .. it's a question of waiting and seeing!!

Sorry if this got a bit rambly!!

Ooh look how close you are to goal! That's soooo exciting :)

Looking at all of your tickers you are all doing brilliantly. Will be looking fab at your goals. :clap:

Don't you just love being this height too. It's the best!

:bliss:

Dizzy x

Ah Thanks Kath

So near .. but yet so far ... only one sodding pound last week ... how frustrating that was!! I think I've been spoilt by losing the majority of the weight really quickly 3 stone 1lb in 8 weeks .. relatively easily I have to confess and now I'm finding it so hard .. not helped by the fact that I am somehow not in ketosis!!!

Ah well, mustn't complain ... need to focus and shift these last 13lbs!!!! Before my hols in May ... well before then!!!

Looking at all of your tickers you are all doing brilliantly. Will be looking fab at your goals. :clap:

Don't you just love being this height too. It's the best!

:bliss:

Dizzy x

Yes it's ace isn't it :D

Ah Thanks Kath

So near .. but yet so far ... only one sodding pound last week ... how frustrating that was!! I think I've been spoilt by losing the majority of the weight really quickly 3 stone 1lb in 8 weeks .. relatively easily I have to confess and now I'm finding it so hard .. not helped by the fact that I am somehow not in ketosis!!!

Ah well, mustn't complain ... need to focus and shift these last 13lbs!!!! Before my hols in May ... well before then!!!

13lbs, I can't wait to be at that stage - you'll soon have that off don't worry :)

Yes, agree I love being this height. Except for buying wedding shoes when OH is barely half inch taller and I hate being bigger than him!

I also carry the weight all over, which is good in one way, but bad in as much as I'm sure it tool me longer to finally accept I'd got so big!!

Maxie xxx

Back