Ladies - some advice please

ChocVelvet

I'm thinking of stopping SS for awhile - maybe moving to 790 or 1000 or even going on on low GI diet. Started my period nearly 3 weeks ago and it shows no signs of stopping - has this every happened to anyone? My cycle was regular - every 28 or 29 days - periods 4 - 5 days - but never been this long. I feel OK - just an achy tummy, but more concerned about such a long period. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I got this when I went on the depo. It's rubbish isn't it?

I'm a massive fan of 790, great losses and still ketosis joy!! not so keen on 1000, I rather dislike it cause I find it rough on so few cals with no ketosis!

Have you seen your doc about it at all? I know your cycles can go a bit haywire on ANY diet, but this one is quite rapid that the estrogen in your fat get released at quite a rate but not sure why it would go for so long?

Not sure what you should do, as I don't know your reasons behind wanting to change diets apart from the problems you are having at the mo with your periods.

I'd check it out with your doc first, could be unrelated to the diet I suppose? but then again, might be because of the diet.

hope it gets sorted soon!!

xxx

Hi Chocvelvet

If I were you I would move to 790. Looks like your BMI is about right to do so anyway and progress down the maintenance steps. I would highly recommend doing the steps very carefully you will benefit when trying to maintain. I think you would find Gi very difficult to do straight from SSing and probably have a substantial gain. Good Luck with it. I hope the slightly higher calories helps but I don't know. luckily you are feeling OK. Might be worth a doc appointment though if it carrys on too long as it may be something not CD related.

I would definitely recommend sticking to CD and maintenance steps. I didn't and I'm one stone up now.:mad:

Dizzy x

Hi Coley/Dizzy-n-Mizzy - I'm thinking of moving to 790 because I thought the extra calories may help stablise my hormones - fairly certain that it's SS that's affecting my hormones at the moment - since starting SS period went from 4 - 5 days to 2 - 3 - which I didn't mind about, but now 3 weeks?
Have seen my doctor - he's only advice was stop SS and that was only after I mentioned I was on a VLCD which he doesn't really approve of. I was hoping to stay on SS until I got to 11st - but the last 4 weeks have been a bit stressful and I've been bouncing from 11st 12 to 12st 2lb which is not really helping my motivation - don't want to give up entirely and I don't want to gain the weight back.

Sounds like you know what you ar doing. I definitely recommend 790 for a week or 2 and see how you get on. Then take it from there.

You've done brill so far so it's worth sticking to the plan which is actually 790 anyway.

Good Luck

Dizzy x

Hi Chocvelvet

I am the same as you ~ as regular as clockwork until I started on SS. Then I went a month with anything now been TOTM for 3 weeks now no sign of let up. I have also very bad swelling on my legs and ankles ~ off to docs tomorrow but I know he will tell me to come of SS. Well he can just bog off as I have a long long way to go and there is no way I am not doing it this time. I really think that such a VLCD must affect your body in many ways

Least of all getting slimmer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well done on your weight loss ~ if I were you just put up with whatever it throws at you until you are at goal ~ then address the problems

Yup, I'm with Dizzy on this one.

790 is ace....my personal fave!!!

If you think it will help sort you out then do it. Know what the doctor is like, when I started they blamed everything on the VCLD (I have a fast heart, and still do when not on a diet - daft doc!) - I keep meaning to go back and show them how far I've come!

go 790, you'll feel fab, if you ignore the bit about having lemon hopefully you'll still stay in ketosis and still be losing weight at a really good rate.

xx

Its affected me but for the most for the better. Ive gone from being every 28 days to anywhere from 21 to 24! But instead of 7 days its now only 5 and pain free! Brilliant from someone who used to have to take medication for the pain.

Hi ChocVelvet,

I was the same as you. It was the period from hell.I went to my Dr after finding a lump in my breast and they said it was my hormones. By that time the period had lasted over three weeks and I was waking up in pain during the night and had taken a day off work. They gave me some tablets and when I started my period again last Thurs started the tablets again and was fine.

Hopefully you will be fine next month. Its no joke though is it? I felt like I had been hit by an Eddie Stobart wagon!

Chris. xx

Back