Ladies that munch

Well done Honda that's amazing!

Had one of those rather annoying weekends away from home with little control over my meals. Roast potatoes, glass of wine, fish pie.... Etc. argh!

So I'm being super good between now and WI! Will have done 5 gym classes and superspeed soups this week. Crossing fingers for 2lbs!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That sounds like a reyt plan EC...im sure you'll get it with all that prep!!

I lost 5lb this week :D and got my stone award!! Well happy with that....I honestly thought last Saturday totally blow me off, but with a little extra thought and care, I managed it!!! Whoop whoop!!

Well done TT. You're doing so well!

Sadly I gained 1.5 but making sure I record everything this week. No excuses!

I'll be weighing in on Monday for my 2nd week .

Tt you are doing such a super job! Keep at it lass!

Ec, jump back o. The wagon, draw a line and get back at it

Xxxxxx

Naw just been busy. Lost 2lb this last week and am into my 14's

Have I mentioned that in addition to my 2-3 spins a week come march I'm gonna do kettle elks once a week.......I may die or turn into she-ra! :D

Exciting news TT looking forward to hearing about the planning!

Lost 3lbs. Phew! That's balanced the gain out nicely!

Naw just been busy. Lost 2lb this last week and am into my 14's

Have I mentioned that in addition to my 2-3 spins a week come march I'm gonna do kettle elks once a week.......I may die or turn into she-ra! :D

well done on the loss Honda, and I gotta ask again...what the eck is kettle elks?? Ya dunt half have some weird names for stuff up there, lol ;) xx

Exciting news TT looking forward to hearing about the planning!

Lost 3lbs. Phew! That's balanced the gain out nicely!

Thanks EC - well done on the loss, looks like we're all doin brill at the moment, lol xx

the bad breath on atkins is due to the fact that your body is in Ketosis, which is basically starvation mode. which also means you'll put all of the weight (and poss more) back on when you start eating properly again. it's your body burning your fat to get it's carbohydrates, but the thing is it doesn't just burn the bad fat. it burns the fat your body needs to survive properly like the amount in the liver and kidneys, which is why atkins can sometimes cause kidney and liver damage. it's a bad diet health wise, and the science behind it is shakey at best.

well done on the loss Honda, and I gotta ask again...what the eck is kettle elks?? Ya dunt half have some weird names for stuff up there, lol ;)

Kettle Bells honey, a cannon ball with a handle on it? we arent that strange up here! :D

the bad breath on atkins is due to the fact that your body is in Ketosis, which is basically starvation mode. which also means you'll put all of the weight (and poss more) back on when you start eating properly again. it's your body burning your fat to get it's carbohydrates, but the thing is it doesn't just burn the bad fat. it burns the fat your body needs to survive properly like the amount in the liver and kidneys, which is why atkins can sometimes cause kidney and liver damage. it's a bad diet health wise, and the science behind it is shakey at best.

Welocme to the 'ladies that munch'. You are more than entitled to your opinion and I'm sure that whatever 'diet plan' you are on works for you. I have found that atkins is working for me and I actually feel far better than I ever did on SW. No bad breath here and certainly haven't felt like i am starving at any point. We are all different and I would rather change my way of eating completely than just be on a diet. As for liver and kidney damage? I dread to think what damage peope do 'social drinking' of a weekend or every night followed by a fish supper or even just yo-yo dieting their whole life.

What plan are you following and how is it working for you?

Have a good weekend ladies, I will mostly be moving furniture. xx

Well put Honda luv xx

Hi Flibsey, welcome to our munchin ladies thread :)

:eek: that's quite an opinion you have there about Atkins, lol. However, I know quite a lot of people that have followed the Atkins diet to the T and have found it very successful.

You are more than welcome to join us in having general chats, celebrating loses, and generally supporting each other, but we don't really appreciate such negative and opinionated comments about a particular diet plan x

So has everyone had a good weekend?? Mine has been wicked....got my wedding dress!! Eeeeekk!!! and the venue is all sorted now....oooo im breezing through the plans, lol. The OH on the other hand is totally stressing over a pair of shoes - nemind the suit, the cake, the rings, etc....the shoes are the end all for him!! lol.

I had a bad day yesterday food wise - but back on it today!! Just hope I can pull it back before weigh-in on thursday. Fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone is ok x x

Doubt I'll be losing either. Been off all week with a nasty sinus infection and my appetite went from zero to ravenous the lastday or so. Too many mini eggs and not able to exercise :-(

Oh now see mini eggs aren't what they used to be I don't think?

Been at spin last nit and tonight....and guess what, at it again tomorrow.

I had pork loin chops for dinner, do you ever find that sometimes pork just has no taste to it? I really should keep an eye out for British pork....think it's the Danish stuff thats bland.....maybe I'm just reading too uh into it ;)

Good luck ladies.,...zxxx

Oh and as for the pork, my BF and I never buy supermarket pork at all. His family have a farm in Wales and they keep a s number of black pigs. The meat is amazing and so flavoursome. Also the way they treat and slaughter pigs in Denmark is so cruel. They don't get to move at all. Horrible.

I'd pay that little bit extra and go to a butcher!

Well done on the loss EC you're doing very well.

I know about e dans and pork, horrible, I do avoid it but sometimes my brain isn't engaged when shopping, th debts crackling I've ever had was from the butcher over the hill....num, num :)

Back