Lady A's Banquet

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm waiting for * week to arrive which usually means feeling VERY uncomfortable for around 5 days until it finally happens and then proudly taking my chloe paddington which is my * week bag (sad but oh so stylish :p) to the loo with me every 45 minutes with my boss asking me where I'm going EVERY single time I get up to go the T.W.A.T.!!! Anyway, I had my first taste of chocolate weetabix this morning and I'm not too sure if I like it as I had to add sweetner to it so we'll see how it goes.

Friday 6th May 2011 - Green

Breakfast - Banana, 2 chocolate weetabix (HexB + 2 syns), 200ml skimmed milk & tea (from HexA allowance)

Snack - 1 Litre NAS squash between 9am & 12pm

Lunch - Veg pasta made with pasata, red onions, mixed peppers, sweetcorn, mixed herbs, dash of worcester sauce, sea salt, crushed black pepper, green chillies & a little sweetner to balance it out.

Snack - Milk chocolate fibre plus bar (2nd HexB) & tea

Dinner - Dhaal served with cumin rice and salad.

Dessert - 1/2 banana, 1/2 pear & scoop of wall's soft scoop light vanilla ice cream (3 syns).

Snack - Activia vanilla fat free yogurt.

Syns - 5

Last edited:
Lady A said:
I had a B12 shot and my arm REALLY hurts :needhug: To think that I was having them weekly two years ago makes me think that I must be hard core :character00115: :cool: lol!

Aww Hun.. I'll give you a big squishy hugs! Rozie's known for her famous hugs ;-) xx

Aww Hun.. I'll give you a big squishy hugs! Rozie's known for her famous hugs ;-) xx

Thank you for the japees my love I'm feeling less sorry for myself now. Hour to go and it's the weekend so I get to see my Nani and my lovely nephew and niece :family2: xx

Yay!!!

I've come home and realised that me, the husband and my brother are all keying- he's not on sw, he's just cutting down on junk and gyming it. He's the same weight as H so they're having a competition to who can lose weight the most hehehe

They say it may hit 31C :character00238: in London on Saturday so plenty of sugar free NAS squash, chilled fruit, salad and a cheeky scoop or two of low fat ice cream for me tomorrow xx

How's the water challenge going? I can drink loads of NAS drink but I'm not sure whether it's that good for you? .. Hmm ami makes amazing fruit salad.. Of course it has cream in it but it is amazing haha

How's the water challenge going? I can drink loads of NAS drink but I'm not sure whether it's that good for you? .. Hmm ami makes amazing fruit salad.. Of course it has cream in it but it is amazing haha

I managed a litre of NAS squash before lunch and then a litre of water in the afternoon. I also had two teas which were 300mls each plus the water from the fruit n veg counts too so I think I'm doing ok for now but I will hopefully increase the mineral water slowly.

Why don't get your mummy to add some wall's soft scoop light to her fruit salad instead of cream which will be lower syns & yummier if you ask me. xx

Hey Lady A - I thought i'd actually comment on your diary instead of just reading it :D You're weekend sounds like a lot of fun.

:eek: Roziee i'm jealous that your ami makes a fruit salad (even if it has cream). In my house you'd get soemthing like kheer or falooda on a hot day lol

P.S. I drink about 2 litres of NAS squash a day too so i don't think its bad for you Xx

Lady A said:
I managed a litre of NAS squash before lunch and then a litre of water in the afternoon. I also had two teas which were 300mls each plus the water from the fruit n veg counts too so I think I'm doing ok for now but I will hopefully increase the mineral water slowly.

Why don't get your mummy to add some wall's soft scoop light to her fruit salad instead of cream which will be lower syns & yummier if you ask me. xx

Yeah, shes not made it today, but yeah that's a good idea!

Sum said:
Hey Lady A - I thought i'd actually comment on your diary instead of just reading it :D You're weekend sounds like a lot of fun.

:eek: Roziee i'm jealous that your ami makes a fruit salad (even if it has cream). In my house you'd get soemthing like kheer or falooda on a hot day lol

P.S. I drink about 2 litres of NAS squash a day too so i don't think its bad for you Xx

Trust me- normally its full fat mango lasee, falooda.. AMAAAAZING!

Oh really? Ok I'll drink more NAS then, I can drink so much more that way!

I'm clearly on binge mode as I'm awaiting * week and my lady bits are hurting. Sorry for the too much information but If I can't be honest on my own diary then there's no real point of keeping one really so keep reading if your brave lol! I've just had a FF yogurt so and that's after my dessert which isn't normal for me as dessert usually fills me up. I have can see an overflowing fruit basket as I type which is placed right next to a box of mr kipling fondant fancies which I haven't had since last year and my brother's chocolate stash which consists of a multi packs of full size maltesers, galaxy bubbles, galaxy ripples, box of toffee, bag of m&m peanuts, toblerones & fruit mentos. All of which I consider as too high in syns to even look at let alone eat AND he took my last 9 syn cadbury's caramel bar that I had saved for moments like now and gave it to his mate at work! I'm not a greedy person but why take MY stuff and give it away to someone I don't even know when you've got soooooooooooooo many high syn ones that you could've fed your WHOLE team? Ok, rant over and to think about it I have had chocolate weetabix for breakfast & a milk chocolate fibre plus bar for my afternoon snack so it's not like I've been totally deprived. I'm happy that I've only had 5 syns today as I'll be at my nan's tomorrow so I can relax and have some extra syns if I feel like it. Thanks for reading folks....mwahs! xx

Hey Lady A - I thought i'd actually comment on your diary instead of just reading it :D You're weekend sounds like a lot of fun. Xx

Welcome to my banquet Sum.....can't wait to see my munchkins. Hope you have a good one too.

Ps I make mum milkshake with a tiny drop of rose syrup, HexA milk allowance & a scoop of wall's soft scoop light and she's quite happy with that so give it a go if you like. That reminds me that I must try and get the nutritional value of china grass which we make the falooda jelly out of as mum likes that too. xx

Aww that sounds awful - brothers are so mean and annoying. I hope you feel better soon and find so yummy low syn treats at your nans today. Have a good day/weekend Xx

Ohh that sounds like a good idea - I may have to try that because i adore falooda. Thanks :D X Eeek china grass does not sound nice at all? - i have to admit i have no idea what it is either lol - Will go google it :cool:

P.S. Thanks for the welcome :p

Aww you poor thing .. Get someone to bake you some of your yummy cakes xxx

Oh I think I'm over it now my gulaab. I just needed to type it out of me if you get what I mean. I'm the calmest person all month until * week and then I'm like that girl from the excorcist. I snapped at my mum whilst trying to make my brother's chicken spag bol before cooking for my nan's. It went like this:

Mum> Aisha, make sure you don't make it saucy as your brother doesn't like it with too much sauce & STRICTLY no tomato!

Aisha> Ok mum.

1o minutes later....

Mum> Hmmm.....it's looking a bit dry isn't it?

Aisha> Err...that's what you said plus I haven't finished yet so there should be a bit of gravy once it's cooked.

Mum> Hmmm....but I think there should be a bit of tomato in it.

Aisha> 'SIGHS' ok...(goes to the fridge to get some pasata).

Mum> What are you doing?

Aisha> Adding a Tbsp of pasata so it has a little sauce.

Mum> But he won't like it!

Aisha> AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!! Get out of the kitchen lady and I'm never gonna cook for your son again!

Aisha> I'm putting setting up his profile on shaadi.com (asian matrimonial site) so his wife can cook for him!

This may sound funny but if you were robbed of chocolate (see previous posts), haven't slept all night, have MAJOR PMT, have to cook for your family, make a separate meal for your brother cos he's lazy and won't eat if nothing is cooked & THEN have to cook two more indian dishes for 10 people before lunch then you would be slightly miffed too.

Ps I've just lifted my mum's kitchen ban but she's still not allowed to talk.....what's this world coming to hey? My mum had it easy when I was a kid. I have to tell her off more than she ever told me off.....love her to bits though...lol! xx

Last edited:
Saturday 7th May 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana, chocolate weetabix (HexB + 2 syns), activia ff vanilla yogurt & tea.

Lunch - Cous cous with chicken keema & black eyed bean curry with salad.

Snacks at Nan's - Milkshake with HexA milk, vanilla canderel & scoop of wall's soft scoop light (3 syns). Fruit salad.

Dinner at Nan's - Lamb, potato & pea curry served with cumin rice & salad followed by a mini millionaires shortbread (4 syns)

Dessert - BIG bowl of chopped melon & pear followed by a skinny cow caramel shortcake ice cream (4.5 syns).

Syns - 13.5

Last edited:
BIG LOVE FOR DA CHINA GRASS - brap brap *makes gun fingers*

:D

The mother-daughter relationship is always gonna be like that! But you're lucky your mum speaks to you - mine just thinks I haven't put any salt in, even though I have, so she goes and puts it in, even after asking me if I have and how much I have, and then ta-da, it's salt with daal ka tarka.

You and I are * week synced so let me know when you start! xxx

Aww that sounds awful - brothers are so mean and annoying. I hope you feel better soon and find so yummy low syn treats at your nans today. Have a good day/weekend Xx

Ohh that sounds like a good idea - I may have to try that because i adore falooda. Thanks :D X Eeek china grass does not sound nice at all? - i have to admit i have no idea what it is either lol - Will go google it :cool:

P.S. Thanks for the welcome :p

Hey Sum! He's just a bloke hun....he's lovely really. Thank you for your good wishes hope you're enjoying it too.

Do the falooda thing I googled china grass and it says it's another name for agar which is a vegetarian gelatine and that makes sense as we usually make a jelly out of it using milk and rose syrup and it's supposed to be a cooling food for the body. I'm hoping it's syn free like gelatine as it's a staple dessert in my house in the summer. xx

BIG LOVE FOR DA CHINA GRASS - brap brap *makes gun fingers*

:D

The mother-daughter relationship is always gonna be like that! But you're lucky your mum speaks to you - mine just thinks I haven't put any salt in, even though I have, so she goes and puts it in, even after asking me if I have and how much I have, and then ta-da, it's salt with daal ka tarka.

You and I are * week synced so let me know when you start! xxx

Brap brap rude gyal! I miss you mannn...Hope your revision/exams are going well. Sorry but my mum's learnt not to interfere with the cooking and she gets me to taste the food she cooks because she trusts my judgement until it comes to her son that is. It's just a mum's and their son's thing....he's a very fussy eater and she just fusses over him whilst trying to give me a nervous breakdown in the process :sigh: Imagine two pear shaped ladies trying to cook bolognaise sauce, boil spaghetti, cook cumin rice all on one hob at the same time whilst trying clean the meat for the curry that's gonna serve 10 people??? It's a mad house in my kitchen on a Saturday morning and my hormones were not helping. I think I'll put the finding my brother a wife thing on hold or until we get another hob cos I need space when I'm cooking and I clean as I go along as I can't stand a messy kitchen.

Ps I think EVERYONE will know when my * week arrives as I never like to suffer alone....Really hope these co-codamols kick in soon I got fanny ache lol!

I feel ruffffffff!!!! Couldn't sleep AGAIN as I was feeling uncomfortable as I'm awaiting *. I've woken up with a headache due to lack of sleep & lady my bit's ache so I'm a moody old cow again. Here's my menu for today:

Sunday 8th April 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Melon, 3 pagen crisp rolls (HexB) with 1 1/2 tsp can't believe it's not butter light (1.5 syns) & latte made with HexA allowance.

Lunch - Chicken keema & cumin rice with salad. Followed by a galaxy ripple (9 syns)

Dinner - Lamb steak served with sw chips & onions and tomatoes.

Dessert - Banana & Activia ff vanilla yogurt

Syns for today - 10.5

Last edited:
I feel ruffffffff!!!! Couldn't sleep AGAIN as I was feeling uncomfortable as I'm awaiting *. I've woken up with a headache due to lack of sleep & lady my bit's ache so I'm a moody old cow again. Here's my menu for today:

Sunday 8th April 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Melon, 3 pagen crisp rolls (HexB) with 1 1/2 tsp can't believe it's not butter light (1.5 syns) & latte made with HexA allowance.

Lunch - Chicken keema & cous cous with salad

Snack - Hopefully some Fruit :p

Dinner - Lamb steak served with sw chips & onions and tomatoes.

Syns for today - 1.5 so far
Your food in your diaries always look so good - havent tried your veg biryani yet but i reckon it will be on the menu this week!!
How do you make your cicken keema?! Sorry to ask again!!!

xxx

Your food in your diaries always look so good - havent tried your veg biryani yet but i reckon it will be on the menu this week!!
How do you make your cicken keema?! Sorry to ask again!!!

xxx

Hiya Shell! I like to keep my menus varied as I cook for my family. I don't mind putting recipes up I just don't take any responsibility for people being poisoned whilst making my recipe lol!

Chicken Keema

500g Chicken Mince
1 thinly sliced onion
50ml passata
1tsp Garlic puree
1/2 tsp each salt & garam masala
1 tsp each dried corriander powder and cumin seeds
1 tsp chopped green chillies
Fresh chopped corriander
Fry Light

Method

Fry the onions in frylight until they start to brown then add the garlic puree and fry for a further minute. Add the chicken mince, salt, all of the spices, the green chillies and fry until the mince starts to brown. Add the passata, 100ml water & fresh corriander and cook on a reduced heat until the mince is cooked (around 20 minutes).

Back