Lady A's Banquet

Happy Ramadhan Aisha - peace be with you xxxx

Roziee said:
Ameen.. Make sure you take doctors instructions and rest xxx

Summah Ameen :)

Oh Roziee I tried but I just couldn't lol! I cooked for the house and I'm gonna make pakore and milkshake so my dad can take it to the local mosque for iftari. I'm gonna make cookies for them tomorrow i just can't help myself lol! I can't fast because I'm not well enough to do so but I can still feel good by feeding others and making their iftari more enjoyable inshaAllah. Xx

Annya said:
Happy Ramadhan Aisha - peace be with you xxxx

Happy Ramadhan to you too Annya! I need to come have a nosey at your diary for some Lebanese food ideas that I can make for my family for when they break their fast :eat: Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I just ordered my fruit from tescos which included 2 honeydew melons, 1 watermelon, 3 punnets of plums, a punnet each of peaches, nectarines and apricots oh and 6 royal gala apples. I'll send my dad out to get me some nice bananas and pears tomorrow cos I don't trust anyone else to pick them. Think that'll do me n mum for a few days this heat just makes me crave fruit. I also had 2L of water today which i'm proud of now I just need to start exercising to tone my bowdee up.

Roziee said:
I'm gonna find u and chain u to a bed if u don't rest! Lol

It's funny I just can't rest even when I'm unwell. Nearly iftari time hun, we're listening to Mehr Khan on sunrise radio on channel 0133 on sky for the iftari transmission. Xx

Happy Ramadhan to you too Annya! I need to come have a nosey at your diary for some Lebanese food ideas that I can make for my family for when they break their fast :eat: Xx

I'll have to make sure I get at least a couple on there then xxx

Tuesday 2nd August 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - A nectrine, a few cubes of fresh pineapple followed by 2 weetabix (HexB) & 150ml skimmed milk (part HexA)

Snack - yogurt & peppermint tea

Lunch - Dhaal, rice & salad

Dinner - Lamb & potato curry with cumin rice & salad.

Dessert - A skinny cow tripple chocolate brownie ice cream (5 syns) melted into 175ml skimmed milk remaining from my HexA allowance & a 99 calorie toffee crisp chocolate (5 syns).

Syns - 10

Last edited:
Sounds yummy!!! What is cumin rice????

Shrimpy said:
Sounds yummy!!! What is cumin rice????

Hey Shrimpy!

I eat cumin rice with my curry as I find plain boiled rice really boring. Here's the recipe:

Cumin rice:

* I measure rice in mugs but use your own measurements keeping the ratio of 1:2 rice to water respectively *

Ingredients:

1 mug Rice (soaked in warm water for 20 mins)
2 mugs water plus 150mls
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
Tiny stick of cinamon
2 cloves
1/4 onion choped into thin slices
Frylight

Method:

Fry the onions in frylight until golden add cumin seeds and continue to fry until the cumin seeds begin to toast. Add cinamon stick & cloves and toast for a further 30 seconds add 150ml water (should turn brown when added to the onions - this will bring the flavours of the spices out & make your rice fragrant) and cook onion for further 2 mins. Add the drained rice & 2 mugs of water& salt & bring to the boil, reduce heat & cook until the water has absorbed & rice is cooked.

Mmmm yummy! That will def feature at some point this week!

Shrimpy said:
Mmmm yummy! That will def feature at some point this week!

Just to add that I use frylight better than butter for my cumin rice but normal frylight should be nice too. Xx

I have that frylight! :) I have a wee frylight collection! We just need frylight to bring out a sesame oil one too... then I'd be 100% happy!

Shrimpy said:
I have that frylight! :) I have a wee frylight collection! We just need frylight to bring out a sesame oil one too... then I'd be 100% happy!

Mmm....sesame oil....maybe we could use that in the syn free hummus recipe to give it that authentic taste....mmm! Xx

Wednesday 3rd August 2011 - EE

Breakfast - Watermelon, 3 pogen crisp rolls (HexB) with jam & quark (1.5 syns) & tea

Lunch - Chicken salad

Snack - Bowl of melon and pineapple followed by a ff raspberry yogurt

Dinner - Lamb biriyani with lots of salad

Dessert - Milkshake made with remaining HexA, scoop of wall's soft scoop light (1.5 syns) and 25ml of strawberry crusha (0.5 syns) & a pack of cadbury's mini fingers (5 syns)

Syns - 8.5

Last edited:
Are those Krisp Roll thingies nice? Do they last longer than bread? Cause sometimes I crave jam and something breadlike- but as I only fancy bread once in a blue moon it's not worthwhile to buy a loaf...

For the lovely Lady A...........

QUORN CHICKEN TANGINE
Makes 4 generous servings ( can stretch to 6)
Free on Green if using both HExBs for dried fruit
14 syns whole recipe = 3.5 syns per portion on Red or if not using HExBs

1 pack of Quorn chicken style pieces
1 large onion (red or white), finely chopped
1 green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 red pointed or bell pepper, chopped
1 tin of chick peas, drained and rinsed
250ml passatta
1 heaped tsp cumin
1 heaped tsp coriander powder
1 level tsp cardamom powder (or about 6 pods)
1 level dessert spoon coriander seeds
1 level dessert spoon cumin seeds
1 level dessert spoon fennel seeds
1 vegetable stock cube
70g ready to eat apricots, chopped
85g ready to eat prunes, chopped
A generous handful of chopped fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
Fry Light

Make up the vegetable stock cube in 1 pint of boiling water and put to one side.

Spray a heavy bottomed pan with Fry Light and brown the chicken pieces.

Add all the spices and a little water to make a paste to coat the chicken pieces and fry for a couple of minutes.

Add the peppers, onion, and dried fruit, top up with the vegetable stock until it just covers the main ingredients.

Put the lid on the pan, and leave to simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and topping up with more stock or water if it looks like it going to dry out. After 15 minutes you should have thick “gravy” coating the main ingredients.

Add the passatta and chick peas, stir well and simmer for a further couple of minutes.

Remove from the heat, stir in the fresh coriander/parsley and serve with couscous or rice, a green salad and SW syn-free riatta dip.

Shrimpy said:
Are those Krisp Roll thingies nice? Do they last longer than bread? Cause sometimes I crave jam and something breadlike- but as I only fancy bread once in a blue moon it's not worthwhile to buy a loaf...

They are really nice Shrimpy. I was in the need of some low syn crunch and these really hit the spot. I mixed my quark n jam in a separate dish an dipped into it with the crisp rolls and it was really nice.

Back