Lady A's Banquet

Annya said:
For the lovely Lady A...........

QUORN CHICKEN TANGINE
Makes 4 generous servings ( can stretch to 6)
Free on Green if using both HExBs for dried fruit
14 syns whole recipe = 3.5 syns per portion on Red or if not using HExBs

1 pack of Quorn chicken style pieces
1 large onion (red or white), finely chopped
1 green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 red pointed or bell pepper, chopped
1 tin of chick peas, drained and rinsed
250ml passatta
1 heaped tsp cumin
1 heaped tsp coriander powder
1 level tsp cardamom powder (or about 6 pods)
1 level dessert spoon coriander seeds
1 level dessert spoon cumin seeds
1 level dessert spoon fennel seeds
1 vegetable stock cube
70g ready to eat apricots, chopped
85g ready to eat prunes, chopped
A generous handful of chopped fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
Fry Light

Make up the vegetable stock cube in 1 pint of boiling water and put to one side.

Spray a heavy bottomed pan with Fry Light and brown the chicken pieces.

Add all the spices and a little water to make a paste to coat the chicken pieces and fry for a couple of minutes.

Add the peppers, onion, and dried fruit, top up with the vegetable stock until it just covers the main ingredients.

Put the lid on the pan, and leave to simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and topping up with more stock or water if it looks like it going to dry out. After 15 minutes you should have thick "gravy" coating the main ingredients.

Add the passatta and chick peas, stir well and simmer for a further couple of minutes.

Remove from the heat, stir in the fresh coriander/parsley and serve with couscous or rice, a green salad and SW syn-free riatta dip.

Thank you so much for this recipe Annya it sounds totally lush! I have all of the ingredients and just need to get some fresh chicken from the butchers the day I need to make it.

Ps thank you for calling me lovely :D Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you so much for this recipe Annya it sounds totally lush! I have all of the ingredients and just need to get some fresh chicken from the butchers the day I need to make it.

Ps thank you for calling me lovely :D Xx

Well - you are lovely, so I shall call you thus :)

If you use chicken meat rather than Quorn it would then become free on Red and syned on green.

It has syns either way on EE as you only get one HExB, but will still only be around 5 per serving I reckon, and that's for 4 servings - this recipe can do 5 or even 6 depending on your appetite!

I will sort out the one for stuffed vine leaves next - I find it really hard to get them so I use savoy cabbage leaves instead, which works just as well.

Enjoy - let me know what you think :D

Thursday 4th August 2011 - EE

Mammoth breakkie cos I was hungry - Banana, 2 plums, 3 pogen crisprolls (HexB) dipped into quark n jam (1.5 syns) & a tea.

Snack - An apple

Lunch - 2 Quorn Cumberland sausages (1 syn) with BNS chips and baked beans.

Snacks - FF strawberry yogurt & a tea.

Dinner - Lamb biriyani and lots of salad

Iftari Dessert - strawberry milkshake with HexA milk, scoop of Walls soft scoop light (1.5 syns) & 25ml NAS strawberry crusha (0.5 syns) followed by cadbury's mini fingers (5.5 syns)

Syns - 9

Last edited:
Lady A said:
They're really nice a bit like sweet potato chips but tastier and super free!

Just saw the hand bag and my like it a lot! Xx

I'm gonna give my red one back... Don't like it any more lol I bought 2 fiorelli ones so I'll keep the other one and give the red one back.. This one is perfect for work, very classy looking. If I had money to burn I'd buy handbags everyday.. Lol

Pardon my ignorance here, but what is a BNS chip???

Roziee said:
I'm gonna give my red one back... Don't like it any more lol I bought 2 fiorelli ones so I'll keep the other one and give the red one back.. This one is perfect for work, very classy looking. If I had money to burn I'd buy handbags everyday.. Lol

Yeah I prefer this one to the red one. You can buy a matching KM purse that way :)

Friday 5th August 2011 - EE

Breakfast - banana, 42g Allbran (HexB) with an activia ff vanilla yogurt & a tea

Snacks - 2 nectaarines & 1L NAS squash

Lunch - Small egg, mixed peppers & onion scramble & 3 Quorn Cumberland sausages (3 syns)

Dinner - Chicken pasta with onions, pasata, chillies, herbs, chicken seasoning & quark to make it creamy :eat: followed by a peach.

Dessert - Vanilla milkshake made with HexA allowance, vanilla canderel & a scoop of Walls soft scoop light (1.5 syns) & a packet of cadbury's mini fingers (5.5 syns)

Syns - 10

Last edited:
It' the 1st Nani-Day of Ramadhan so although i'm not fasting I will not be eating or drinking in front of my family that are fasting out of respect. I'll have a big-ish lunch and then eat when I get home at around 7:30ish.

Nani-day 6th August 2011 - EE

Breakfast - Banana, 2 weetabix topped with an activia ff vanilla yogurt & a splash of skimmed milk & a tea (part HexA)

Snack - 2 plums

Lunch - chicken curry, rice & salad.

Snack before Nani's - apple & ff yogurt mixed with quark.

Dinner after Nani's - Keema aloo with rice & salad.

Dessert - TBC

Syns -

Have a nice day at Nani's :)

Shrimpy said:
Have a nice day at Nani's :)

Thanks Shrimpy I had a lovely day thank you. Nani was in a fab cheery mood, my favourite aunt, uncle, cousins & niece n nephew were all there so we all had a nice catch up. Xx

I feel knackered today as I've been a busy bee all week but really I should've been resting as per Dr's orders. Think I'll have a lazy day tomorrow and just bung a roast in the oven in the evening. I really hope I'm feeling chirpier tomorrow as all this exhaustion is really getting me down. Think I need some pampering Lady A style which includes purchase of a new designer hand bag :angeldevil:

You best rest up then! Roast in the oven and RELAX! (maybe browse bags online? ;))

Shrimpy said:
You best rest up then! Roast in the oven and RELAX! (maybe browse bags online? ;))

Yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do as i need to sort my low blood pressure out. I've seen a few bags online but only the really expensive ones are calling out to me so I'm gonna have to be a good girl during Ramadhan so I can get my brother & dad to splash out on me for Eid. I so love being the spoilt baby of the family I get to throw tantrums and demand gifts even at 28 cos i'm the princess! lol! Xx

Back