Lady issues following SW?

Money-penny

This is a tad embarassing but well, I don't know where else or who else to ask lol :eek:

My time of the month has never been 'regular' - I've never been able to predict the exact day it will start, there has always been a few days either side of the date it 'should' arrive.

But since starting SW 6 weeks ago I haven't had one! I'm definitely not pregnant and for me to go quite this long without one is totally unprecedented. Is this just my body getting used to the new food/exercise?

If anything I'd have thought proper food and exercise would have made me more regular!

Hi Hun,

Mine are the same as yours in I know kind of when to expect it to start but could never guess the exact day which is such a pain isn't it!

I would say if there was even a small chance you could have got pregnant to do a home test just to rule that out but it still hasn't started I would make an appointment with the doctors as you know what is normal for you and if this isnt then don't leave anything to chance.

I think your body will be going through alot of changes with the new lifestyle you are starting and losing weight so I am sure in the long run you will benefit but it is probably in shock right now lol

Good luck and hope you are ok x

Hi Hun,

Mine are the same as yours in I know kind of when to expect it to start but could never guess the exact day which is such a pain isn't it!

I would say if there was even a small chance you could have got pregnant to do a home test just to rule that out but it still hasn't started I would make an appointment with the doctors as you know what is normal for you and if this isnt then don't leave anything to chance.

I think your body will be going through alot of changes with the new lifestyle you are starting and losing weight so I am sure in the long run you will benefit but it is probably in shock right now lol

Good luck and hope you are ok x

Thanks for the reply, I eventually started yesterday (on weigh-in day of all days) and it came with a vengeance lol, I had a good loss 2.5lbs so no dramas there but I'm not sure if it's because I've gone so long without it or because it's come on so bad but I'm completely floored by it now. I have zero energy and all I want to do is sleep! Got to work the late shift today though so I know this weekend is going to be tough!

I think my body is very definitely in shock lol x

Thanks for the reply, I eventually started yesterday (on weigh-in day of all days) and it came with a vengeance lol, I had a good loss 2.5lbs so no dramas there but I'm not sure if it's because I've gone so long without it or because it's come on so bad but I'm completely floored by it now. I have zero energy and all I want to do is sleep! Got to work the late shift today though so I know this weekend is going to be tough!

I think my body is very definitely in shock lol x

Well I am glad to hear everything has worked it's self out. Sometime when you worry it hasn't started then it takes even longer to start.

I am sure once your body has settled down you'll be ok, the first few days after joining and going to a gym in 5 years my body repaid me by making me the most ill with a cold and sickness that I had ever felt but since I got through that I have been ok so it was just the shock to such a change.

Congratulations on that loss, 2.5lbs is great, you have done really really well since you started SW x

Last edited:
Back