lasagne crisps

fatbunny

Silver Member
can someone settle an argument, someone in class had suggested making crisps with lasagne sheets as they are syn free but i had read somewhere that if you do not use something for its true purpose you then have to syn it?ie not using the sheets to make a lasagne.

I know that this has been debated on here before and I don't think a conclusion was reached. When in doubt, count as Syns!

put the dried sheets in hot water so they go soft....the cut em in to pieces......dry em and place on bakin tray spray with frylight and i sprinkle with salt and pepper............cook on 200 for 10 mins...
quark is great to use as a base for a dip to go with them..........chilli sauce in the quark is really nice....and accordin to my sw leader they are free on a green day

they aint bad if u put salt and black pepper on them...........and with a dip they are very nice.......and no syns like crisps....u have to decide what u want.............to be fat and have crisps or be good and have these.........its your choice

oooer decisions decisions , i reckon synned unless you are using them instead of a meal i.e having just lasagne chips and dip for your lunch with a salad.. otherwise your just going to be eating 3 or 4 extra sheets of lasagne and therefore those extra calories without the benefit of feeling full up like you would if you had it as actual lasagne

but if munching them as free doesnt affect your weight loss then go for it

They are free!
You are eating pasta that is free on a green day. As long as you just put salt and pepper on them there isnt any syns to be counted.
I am going to make these tomorrow and eat them with cottage cheese n chives as a dip...cant wait!
On day 3 and loving this plan!!! Wooohoo!
Sorry....excited cant you tell!

Wow Genie Genie i have just looked at your weight loss in 11 weeks!...Well done, do you have any tips for me, i weighed in 4 weeks ago at 20st 5lbs when i joined and i have lost 9 1/2lbs so far
x

Q,
when you say.... That free foods used for something else have to be synned...does this mean if i use potatos to make what i thought was syn free crips using the microwave crisp maker....theyre not??

A,
No they're not syn-free. However, syn them and they're only 3½ syns for 28gms which should make quite a few crisps (far fewer than a bag of crisps).
I'm a big believer in moderation in all things, so a few of anything like this is not going to have much effect on your weight, it's when you get to making loads of them and eating them in preference to 'proper' food that the problems begin.

The person who answered this question is a slimming world consultant on another forum.

I don't get the whole not being used for its true purpose, could you not argue that mashing a potato is not using it for its true purpose?
They sound tasty though.

Tha lasange ones are free, its the ones made with potatoes that have a few syns. There is a recipe on here somewhere about how to make the 'syn free doritos' !

They're synned.

My friend is a SW consultant and recently went to a training day at HQ and they said in no uncertain terms that the lasagne crisps must be synned.

I guess if it's working for you then just carry on but if you find you're not losing as much as you think you should then lay off the lasagne crisps.

Hope this helps

They're synned.

My friend is a SW consultant and recently went to a training day at HQ and they said in no uncertain terms that the lasagne crisps must be synned.

I guess if it's working for you then just carry on but if you find you're not losing as much as you think you should then lay off the lasagne crisps.

Hope this helps
i have not tried them, it was someone in class suggested them to someone, and i chipped in about them having to be counted as sins if not used as they are meant to be.

Pasta related but not about lasagne crisps...

Is it true that fresh pasta (that takes 2 minutes in the pan, as opposed to the dried stuff) isn't free on green days? Only dried pasta is the free stuff?

I don't get it about the lasagne crisps. I mean, why syns?! lol

Does this count for everything? i mean if you use quark to make a sweet cream sauce does it have a syn value then as its cheese and not being used as cheese should? :confused::confused: what other foods does tis include? *panic* *panic*

Back